• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Books that will never come out

Ikari

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
There are 2 titles I have desperately been waiting for to no avail. One is Doors of Stone by Patrick Rothfuss. This is the third book in the King Killer Chronicles. The first two being Name of the Wind and A Wise Man's Fear. Quite honestly one of the best stories I've ever read. I've read these books a couple times now, and now I listen to them all the time on audible. Love these books. But A Wise Man's Fear came out in 2011 and there's still no indication as to when Doors of Stone will come out.

Rothfuss keeps talking about sequels and prequels to KKC, but can't seem to finish the first trilogy. I spend some time on the King killer Chronicles reddit, but that's about all there is to this series. Will Book 3 ever come out? Maybe.... Rothfuss claims he's working on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's vaporware.

The other book I'm waiting on is Winds of Winter. The previous book was also released in 2011 (though this series started back in 1996). Recently I heard of a release date for this.
November 13, 2023. Like 2 years from now. This isn't even an official release date, just the target day. 2 years. I know the man has been busy and has had other things, but that's like 12 years between book.

While I really do like Song of Ice and Fire, it's not as good as King Killer Chronicles. Will Winds of Winter come out? I'm less hopeful for this one. Plus it's not even the last book in the series, he'd still have to write A Dream of Spring. There's neigh zero chance he finishes before he dies. Maybe Sanderson will be able to finish it.

What books are you fruitlessly and futilely waiting for?

God ****ing damn it. **** you, I'd managed to completely forget about waiting for the Winds of Winter for probably almost a month. I had almost successfully purged it from my brain-space. Now you've doomed me to, at minimum, weeks of restless days and sleepless nights. Long hard crys in the shower. Resurfaced trauma mixed in with depression every time I remember season 8 of show.

A curse upon you I say.

By contrast, The Expanse series has managed to publish 11 major novels within 11 years + novellas. The last in the series is coming out this month.

Also, Brandon Sanderson published like 4 books this year.

There is a Leon Russell book called "Longhair Music" which was started by someone over fifteen years ago and it's been promised year in and year out.
And I seriously doubt it will ever be put out there, and it's just nonsense as to why...it's just one of those projects the author left to rot.
And it's a pity because there IS a ton of very rare and good stuff about him in it...we've seen enough teases and previews to know it would be a good book.

By contrast, The Expanse series has managed to publish 11 major novels within 11 years + novellas. The last in the series is coming out this month.

Maybe Sanderson will finish Doors of Stone for Rothfuss like he finished the Wheel of Time series for Robert Jordan. I thought he did great on A Memory of Light. Captured Jordan's style to a tea.

Brandon Sanderson is a Mormon machine.

As for Rothfus.....

Maybe sometimes we have to be hurt to know how good we have it with others. :(

Back
Top Bottom