• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boo ESPN, Yay FS-1

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
For years, on the days I drive into work, I've been listening to Mike and Mike on ESPN. This morning, one of the first days I drove to work in months, I discovered Clay Travis on FS-1. Wow! He blows the hair shirt, PC ninnies on ESPN away. Who knew? Before I started riding my bike to work back in March, FS-1 had two old dudes on in the morning who basically put me back to sleep. Now they have a dude who actually tells it like it is. Bravo!

I've listened to many different sports talk shows and the only one I've ever found comes close to rivaling Mike and Mike In the Morning is the Doug Gottlieb show. I've heard Clay Travis and I've never been impressed. I'll still take Mike and Mike. My perfect daytime lineup would be:

All times CST:
Mike & Mike: 5-9 am
Colin Cowherd: 9-12 am
Dan Patrick (w/ Keith Olbermann): 12-3 pm
Doug Gottlieb: 3-6 pm

Mike and Mike are pansies who fear speaking the truth about anything. Hell, they won't even touch talk about ice hockey.

Mike and Mike are pansies who fear speaking the truth about anything.
:roll:
Hell, they won't even touch talk about ice hockey.
Because very few people care about hockey. :shrug:

They'll talk about hockey when there's something to talk about, but at the end of the day it is easily the least popular professional sport in America and it is played at the same time as the NFL, NBA, college football and college basketball. Unlike baseball, where there just isn't much to compete with it, hockey is not only not popular, it is played at the same time as four different sports which are more popular.

:roll:
Because very few people care about hockey. :shrug:

Last year both the Rangers and Islanders were in the playoffs. So there were times the NY sports show hosts would try and talk hockey.

But within 3-4 calls the talk would be back to baseball. NYC is a baseball town, so maybe I'm not being totally fair. But still.... Few care.

On more days than I can count, there was a great hockey playoff series under way, but Mike and Mike would talk about Golic eating donuts or something Greenburg's wife said to him over the weekend. I used to switch to listen to the two old coots who used to be on FS-1 just to escape that nonsense.

Mike and Mike are pansies who fear speaking the truth about anything. Hell, they won't even touch talk about ice hockey.
They fear ESPN management...and evidently don't care about hockey.

You didn't say anything which contradicted the point. People don't care about hockey. Hockey fans, while usually pretty hardcore, are just very small in number. That's why you don't talk about hockey.

You didn't say anything which contradicted the point. People don't care about hockey. Hockey fans, while usually pretty hardcore, are just very small in number. That's why you don't talk about hockey.

Right, so you're saying people rather hear what Greenburg eats for breakfast than that the Blackhawks and Bruins played a finals game into triple overtime?

They fear ESPN management...and evidently don't care about hockey.

I believe they fear management who tells them not to talk about hockey.

Right, so you're saying people rather hear what Greenburg eats for breakfast than that the Blackhawks and Bruins played a finals game into triple overtime?
Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. One is entertaining to more people than the other.

If you're judging them because they don't discuss hockey, then that's a terrible judge. Hockey just doesn't have much interest.

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. One is entertaining to more people than the other.

If you're judging them because they don't discuss hockey, then that's a terrible judge. Hockey just doesn't have much interest.

Actually, I'm judging them on being pansies, especially Greenie the Girlie man.

Actually, I'm judging them on being pansies, especially Greenie the Girlie man.
They're pansies because they don't talk hockey. Yeah, that doesn't make any sense.

Hockey is the only man's game in town
So basically this thread was made to complain about Mike and Mike not talking about hockey. Why not just state that at the beginning?

Out of curiousity, do/did you play hockey?

So basically this thread was made to complain about Mike and Mike not talking about hockey. Why not just state that at the beginning?
Among other things

Out of curiousity, do/did you play hockey?
yes

That makes sense, hockey players never were much known for their brains. :mrgreen:

I kid, I kid.

I had enough brains to quit playing while I still had a full set of teeth.

I had enough brains to quit playing while I still had a full set of teeth.

That you keep in a jar next to your bed at night?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…