• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bodycam shows officers shot in stairwell of Brooklyn apartment

No reason? A bunch of cops were walking up to his apartment. There was a reason.

Yeah, he was a bad guy... No reason for him to shoot at the cops...

The incident happened Sunday night in a stairwell of an apartment in Prospect Lefferts Gardens where a gunman first opened fired on his roommate and then on officers.

Do you shoot at police who walk up to your door?

Seems like a pretty freaking stupid idea to me. :rolleyes:
No surprise that you misunderstood the posts that I made...
...which was?
Seriously? LOL

Yeah, he was a bad guy... No reason for him to shoot at the cops..

The incident happened Sunday night in a stairwell of an apartment in Prospect Lefferts Gardens where a gunman first opened fired on his roommate and then on officers.
Of course there was a reason...

Sounds like he wanted "suicide by cop."

Those cops need to practice their accuracy.

Seriously? LOL
Yes, "seriously."

Still waiting for the "reason" this guy started shooting at the people coming up the stairs asking if he was the one who called for their help.

A reason does not need to be reasoned... but he obviously had a reason to start shooting.
So what you're saying is that you assume he had some motivation and it wasn't some sequence of involuntary muscle spasms, and you have nothing intelligent to say about his reasons. Gotcha.

So what you're saying is that you assume he had some motivation and it wasn't some sequence of involuntary muscle spasms, and you have nothing intelligent to say about his reasons. Gotcha.
I think that you need to pay better attention to what is said and work or logic a little bit...

I do pay attention. That's why when you said...

...I concluded that you have nothing intelligent to say about his reasons.
Not stating what one does not know is the exact opposite of nothing intelligent.

Only a ****ing moron states that they know the reason for something when they actually do not.

Not stating what one does not know is the exact opposite of nothing intelligent.

Only a ****ing moron states that they know the reason for something when they actually do not.
Whatever, guy. We all know (or should know) the meaning of the phrase "for no reason." It means no discernable, rational reason. Rarely, if ever, does anyone who says that mean it in the literal sense.

Keep trying to sell this garbage if you want. No one's buying it.

Whatever, guy. We all know (or should know) the meaning of the phrase "for no reason." It means no discernable, rational reason. Rarely, if ever, does anyone who says that mean it in the literal sense.

It does not mean no rational reason... the reason may be completely rational to the irrational person... that does not make it no reason. The guy could have thought pink unicorns were coming up the stairs to **** him silly... that is a reason... guy.

LOL

It does not mean no rational reason... the reason may be completely rational to the irrational person... that does not make it no reason. The guy could have thought pink unicorns were coming up the stairs to **** him silly... that is a reason... guy.

LOL
That's exactly what it means (no rational, discernable reason) when someone says it. It doesn't matter if the "reason" was a garden gnome told him to do it.

No one means it literally when they say "for no reason."

I can't believe someone needs this explained to them.

No one means it literally when they say "for no reason."

I can't believe someone needs this explained to them.
That was my point... there is a reason. I never said that what they said was absolute... there is a reason. I made a basic, common sense comment, and you and one or two others have been upset since. Catch up. You will feel better in the morning.

That was my point... there is a reason. I never said that what they said was absolute... there is a reason.
Which brings us full circle: you have nothing intelligent to say about his reasons.

Which brings us full circle: you have nothing intelligent to say about his reasons.
LOL... actually, I did. It might take some a nuanced educational understanding in order to discuss it though...

No shit too .., this is not trolling.

LOL... actually, I did. It might take some a nuanced educational understanding in order to discuss it though...
Discuss what? You openly admit to having no knowledge of his reasons for shooting at a random cop walking up a flight of stairs asking if he was the one who was asking for help.

All you have is bland criticism of someone who said he shot "for no reason." This isn't a discussion of whatever crack-fueled "reasons" might drive a guy to shoot at someone for walking up a flight of stairs, but instead your pointless jihad against a phrase that is never meant to be taken literally.

Your ignorance of his reasons is not the basis of a productive conversation. And until you're willing to actually explain the reasons you've declared he has, I am done with it.

Bingo.

But Bodhi got to Bodhi.

Back
Top Bottom