• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blog Your Current Game

The Good, the bad and the ugly of Battletech Advanced 3062:

The Ugly:
1: The performance hit. After you start up the game the first time, it will chug, with single digit frame rates. Shutting it down and restarting it will help, but it still is not great(I run 60 FPS no problem with Battletech vanilla, which is what I cap the framerate to due to monitor, 15 to 20 FPS with BTA). The first mission will have you right back down to single digits, though after that it kinda levels out. Restarting the computer helped some to, but I never make it about 25ish FPS.

The Bad:
1: I have 3 times now started missions with a mech without jump jets on a slight ridge it cannot walk off of. Very frustrating, I think it is because you can take more than 4 mechs.
2: Cannot save during missions. This is an all mods thing, as the save during missions won't save enough for the mod to work right after loading it kinda thing.

The Good:
1: 3062 means more tech, more weapons, and clans.
2: Oh so many mechs and loadouts. I started with a Griffon with, instead of the PPC it had a L Pulse ER Laser and several other lasers. Really powerful and fun to use.
3: Rework of melee. You can now kick or punch or charge. Punches fire weapons in the arms, kicks fire all the weapons and the kick itself hits one of the targets legs. Charge does a ton of damage(proportional to distance traveled), but damage your mech in the process(I cored myself once using a charge). Melee is really important early on because of number 4...
4: You can get higher levels of evasion on moves, and attacks do not remove evasion. Early on this is especially a big deal combined with your pilots poor gunnery skill. It makes tactics and using sensor locks much more important.
5: Clan mechs and clan weapons!!! 'Nuff said.
6: While there is a learning curve, it is not nearly as steep as with the other 2 big mods(Roguetech and Battletech Extended).
7: New models for new mechs(and some of the old ones) and they look good.

Reactions: PoS
And I just got this new toy in BTA:

BJOmni.jpg

That is a brand new Blackjack with all clan weapons, including a clan Gauss. I managed to dump a small and medium pulse laser for a couple double heat sinks and max armor. The orange Endo-Steel lowers the weight of armor at the cost of a bunch of slots, but well worth it. Note the engine in the torso: it is the weakness of Omni Mechs, lose a torso and the mech is dead.

The Ugly:
1: The performance hit. After you start up the game the first time, it will chug, with single digit frame rates. Shutting it down and restarting it will help, but it still is not great(I run 60 FPS no problem with Battletech vanilla, which is what I cap the framerate to due to monitor, 15 to 20 FPS with BTA). The first mission will have you right back down to single digits, though after that it kinda levels out. Restarting the computer helped some to, but I never make it about 25ish FPS.

The Bad:
1: I have 3 times now started missions with a mech without jump jets on a slight ridge it cannot walk off of. Very frustrating, I think it is because you can take more than 4 mechs.
2: Cannot save during missions. This is an all mods thing, as the save during missions won't save enough for the mod to work right after loading it kinda thing.

The Good:
2: Oh so many mechs and loadouts. I started with a Griffon with, instead of the PPC it had a L Pulse ER Laser and several other lasers. Really powerful and fun to use.
3: Rework of melee. You can now kick or punch or charge. Punches fire weapons in the arms, kicks fire all the weapons and the kick itself hits one of the targets legs. Charge does a ton of damage(proportional to distance traveled), but damage your mech in the process(I cored myself once using a charge). Melee is really important early on because of number 4...
4: You can get higher levels of evasion on moves, and attacks do not remove evasion. Early on this is especially a big deal combined with your pilots poor gunnery skill. It makes tactics and using sensor locks much more important.
6: While there is a learning curve, it is not nearly as steep as with the other 2 big mods(Roguetech and Battletech Extended).

Might have to check that out after the bugs are worked out.

The Ugly:

The Bad:

The Good:
This sounds really good but, the perma evasion worries me. It basically means you can take out a heavy or assault mech with a light just by going full throttle every turn.

This sounds really good but, the perma evasion worries me. It basically means you can take out a heavy or assault mech with a light just by going full throttle every turn.
It does add to the survivability of lights, but big mechs tend to have better pilots and systems that increase accuracy or reduce evasion. For example, if you look at the image I posted, the gauss ignores 2 evasion pips. And if that heavy/assault gets into melee range, one kick will take out one of the light mechs legs. The balance is actually pretty good all things considered.

I might have mentioned this before, but if I had to fault LAST EPOCH for anything it would be the sorry state of unique items in the game.

The unique gear both suffers from too few items, and items being mostly useless.

There are so few unique items at low level that after a few years of playing the game I know without looking what just dropped based on the item type "Oh yay, got the spoon... again"

The only think that makes uniques useful is the Legendary potential, but even then most unique gear doesn't really offer anything game changing, and it's still the purple stats you are adding that do all the heavy lifting.

If I had the authority to change some things in LAST EPOCH it would be this:

1) Replace Unique drop chance at low levels with Exalted drop chance.
2) Relegate uniques Boss loot tables
3) reduce the rate that low level uniques drop at high levels and on Maps.

For all of my complaints about LAST EPOCH's uninspired unique items, this sword that just dropped for me it really cool.

Don't really pay attention to the red stats, what is really interesting is that last stat... and how those red stats ended up there.

They need more uniques like this sword.

1711822850570.png

I took a break from leveling my Sentinel to go back and pick up my Mage again and try and get him over the wall he hit a few months ago.

I found after some review that my problem was clearly that I had a bad case of Glass Cannon vision. All of my gear was meant to boost my damage, with a very light touch on boosting Ward.

I respecced some/a lot of my damage bonus nodes in my skill tree to boost Ward retention, swapped out a lot of gear to boost Intelligence -- I was, before this, the world's dumbest mage -- and got my ward retention up to over 400%

At that point I put on some gear that I never really understood that sapped health for ward... but that gear never made any sense because I didn't have the ward retention to make it work.

I went from 1200 health/1500 ward to 80 health and 6500 ward. Ward now REALLY seems broken. at 80 health your ward regen is extremely fast, so if ever a enemy or group gets me down to low ward I just disengage for a few seconds and I'm back to 6000 ward.

The one funny thing about there high ward builds is that it is VERY bad to ever use a health potion. By using a health potion I greatly slow ward generation and do the exact opposite of what I intended. I can easily get killed in a hard fight by accidentally drinking a potion. I could, in theory, stack the suffix that makes potions heal ward instead of health, but I'm not sure what gear I could swap out right now to do that. I just need to not hit the 1 key or bind it to a number I'm not likely to accidentally click.

The odd thing I am finding as I develop my Ward generation is that the classes that use ward are far tankier than the classes that don't.

I've been playing around with a poison-based Beastmaster in Last Epoch on and off today and they seem rather powerful.

I think the one thing that I have found, at least with the Beastmaster tree, is that you aren't spoiled for skill choice if you want to go down the road of poison. Pretty much all beasts have a poison build.

I'm tearing through the campaign with no trouble and I don't even have and poison or DOT bonuses on my gear yet.

My initial plan was to make a cold build because I have a lot of cold damage gear in my stash, and all of my booster gear was pointing in the Lightning/Cold direction but I decided to spend a bit of time trying all the different damage types for a few levels, and poison was just kind of insane. Once I start crafting some poison and minion gear and unlock the scorpion this build is going to be insane.

It's still early, but Beastmaster minions just seem way more powerful than Necromancer.

As I keep building this Poison based Beastmaster the ting I find most interesting is how different the build theory is for this class build.

None of the skills I use scale with any stat. No INT, STR, VIT or DEX requirements. Everything is Physical, Area and Poison pretty much. It makes gearing, and gear filters pretty straight forward. I'm going to stack Vitality, I guess... but mostly just poison damage and AOE buffs.

Also kind of weird is that most poison based attacks have an AOE element. I'm used to poison in ARPGs being mainly a CC or Boss but not both, but when all of my pets poison, and my attack causes direct and AOE poison, I end p excelling at both CC and boss fights.

My main attack also costs 0 resources, so the only time I use mana is in summoning which is rare since pets in this game are extremely durable.

So I like the beastmaster is what I'm saying. He's ramping much faster than my other characters. I'll probably start tackling maps around level 40.

Im bringin libertea to the bug world in helldivers 2 lol.
Played that for the first time last weekend. Launching on my first mission and some level 27 suddenly appeared and launched as well. Killed me twice, or maybe three times. After we completed the mission and got back to the ship I logged out. Might pick it up again, but I’d rather play solo.

I am thinking of finally delving into actual game play, thanks to a Douyin (Chinese version of TikTok) App that allowed me to morph a selfie of myself into a character as if actually part of the game. My life aspirations finally being realized. At last, life as a hood in the hood.
20240410_150834.jpg

ss_25ed2537de5d4fa71c6d6d5632f21ac21fe4b3bf.1920x1080.jpg

I got bored with Last Epoch and uninstalled it. Tried playing Dune Imperium but I just couldnt internalize the game mechanics.

Now playing Slay the Spire after my son recommended it. Simple yet somehow addictive.

View attachment 67503861

I got bored with Last Epoch and uninstalled it. Tried playing Dune Imperium but I just couldnt internalize the game mechanics.

Now playing Slay the Spire after my son recommended it. Simple yet somehow addictive.
Slay the Spire is truly awesome. One of my all time favorites.

I've decided to give Diablo IV Season 4 a try, after having skipped Sean 3 entirely. There are two reasons:

1) Blizzard has finally made some meaningful changes to the inventory system that makes storing legendary gear fairly pointless and makes the affix search a one-and-done prospect so you won't need to hold onto various copies of the same affix for future weapons.

2) Blizzard's claim that they now embrace absurdly overpowered builds, and some of the upcoming insane builds, appear to make min/maxing fun again.

3) The new crafting system seems to essentially make the Legendary gear grind more dependable.... though this will probably lead to a steeper grind wall in late game.

It's worth a try. I should reward Blizzard a little bit for moving the game in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom