• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BLM’s Hawk Newsome blames ‘white man’ Mayor Eric Adams for NYC ‘war zone’

World Champs

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
A Black Lives Matter leader who last year threatened “riots,” “fire” and “bloodshed” if Mayor Eric Adams cracked down on crime turned around Thursday and blamed him for letting New York City turn into a “war zone” — while also using racial invective against the Big Apple’s second black leader.

During an appearance on Fox News, Hawk Newsome accused Adams of failing to protect black New Yorkers from surging gun violence and blasted the former NYPD captain’s recent appearance with the mother of slain 12-year-old Kade Lewin, who was fatally shot while sitting in a parked minivan in Brooklyn.

“Don’t listen to what Eric Adams says, he gives great press statement. He’s the master of the press conference,” Newsome said.

“Some kid dies, he hugs their mother. He’s holding up sneakers, he’s crying. But what we elected him for — the city of New York — was to keep the city safe. This city is a war zone and he can’t stop it.”

Thoughts?

Oh noes! Who is Hawk Newsom? Who am I supposed to hate? Your thread is so confusing.

Going full racist is never a good look.

Reactions: PoS
No police, more police; they don't even know what they want now.
As long as they keep getting money so they can buy more Mcmansions, they'll keep on yapping.

A Black Lives Matter leader who last year threatened “riots,” “fire” and “bloodshed” if Mayor Eric Adams cracked down on crime turned around Thursday and blamed him for letting New York City turn into a “war zone” — while also using racial invective against the Big Apple’s second black leader.

During an appearance on Fox News, Hawk Newsome accused Adams of failing to protect black New Yorkers from surging gun violence and blasted the former NYPD captain’s recent appearance with the mother of slain 12-year-old Kade Lewin, who was fatally shot while sitting in a parked minivan in Brooklyn.

“Don’t listen to what Eric Adams says, he gives great press statement. He’s the master of the press conference,” Newsome said.

“Some kid dies, he hugs their mother. He’s holding up sneakers, he’s crying. But what we elected him for — the city of New York — was to keep the city safe. This city is a war zone and he can’t stop it.”

Thoughts?
I think the term used to be 'uppity,' no? Is there a point to this?

Some context around Hawk Newsome:

I think the term used to be 'uppity,' no? Is there a point to this?
Yes, here's one point: too many on the left aren't willing to muster enough intellectual courage to criticize where criticism is due if the target also happens to have dark skin.

Yes, here's one point: too many on the left aren't willing to muster enough intellectual courage to criticize where criticism is due if the target also happens to have dark skin.
Really? Lol. Nah. Looks like this to me:

Some context around Hawk Newsome:

In other words, a grifter. So what? Why should I care?

Both Stone and Newsome are popular in the inner cities so you are wrong.

The inner city? Like what, lower Manhattan? Upper East Side? The middle of Staten Island? I mean that's also well inside the city limits.

Oooooh, wait, you mean certain parts of the Bronx, right? The (air quotes) "inner city". Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

The inner city? Like what, lower Manhattan? Upper East Side? The middle of Staten Island? I mean that's also well inside the city limits.

Oooooh, wait, you mean certain parts of the Bronx, right? The (air quotes) "inner city". Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.
Nope. He's full tri-state.

...president of the Black Lives Matter movement in the Greater New York area...

This city is a war zone and he can’t stop it.”

Thoughts?
Of course, Mr. A. cannot stop the orgy of violence in the Rotten Apple.

The only way to lessen the outrageous violence is to station thousands of cops in the street and to sentence offenders to long prison terms.

Of course, in 2022 America, this is politically impossible.

The woke-dominated media would immediately apply the dreaded "R-word" label to any politician who had the guts to crack down hard.

It is almost comical to see how anti-cop activists are surrounded by security -- often at public expense. Those activists may talk a good story about those offenders being dear sweet unloved darlings, but those activists themselves keep their distance from them.

Back
Top Bottom