• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Wealth & White Wealth

Celebrity

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I found a video from earlier this year which offers a compelling explanation for why poverty is so problematic in Black communities. I have to emphasize one point in particular, which is that boomers are the majority of African Americans who are financially stable (the "50th to 90th percentile" around 7:50). Could it be that younger African Americans have relatively less income compared to their boomer counterparts?

Be prepared for an aberration around the 11:00 mark.

I found a video from earlier this year which offers a compelling explanation for why poverty is so problematic in Black communities. I have to emphasize one point in particular, which is that boomers are the majority of African Americans who are financially stable (the "50th to 90th percentile" around 7:50). Could it be that younger African Americans have relatively less income compared to their boomer counterparts?

Be prepared for an aberration around the 11:00 mark.

I haven't watched the video yet but as pertains to the portion of your remarks above that I placed in blue bold: I have stated that on this very website repeatedly.

One thing is this about the character of Americans irrespective of their race: they like listening to politicians, career politicians, and like BS shoveled at them. I'm saying that is what career politicians do.

I don't speak like a politician but rather I speak as to what I perceive as reality.

Some cities differ of course. I've not been to Minneapolis, Minnesota but it is popular destination to relocate to and live for say... black Milwaukeeans and black Chicagoans. So, judging from what I hear about Minneapolis (which is more the reality of diverse races living together in peace than New York City) I'm going to make a guess that it does better than Milwaukee for Black-American upward mobility and home ownership. I could be wrong. But that is my guess based upon depictions of the city I have heard word of mouth from other Black-Americans from Milwaukee.

But back to Milwaukee: the politician will tell you "Everything is fine, we have a black guy that's a doctor." It's highlighting those that have done well to overlook the sprawling problem ongoing. And the fact is this, with Milwaukee at least, most your homeowners that are Black-American are Baby Boomers.

Who care right?

Well a sizable portion of Black-America has adjusted to the economic problems by having extended family living arrangements. Nota bene: white Americans currently disparage this but only because it has not become a large reality for whites. If and when it comes white will do as they always have done: celebrate and speak highly about how they adapted to new economic pressures and reality and brought back the extended families.

But there will become not only an economic problem but a living in shelter problem when Baby Boomer blacks die. I suspect it will result in a significant rise in violence. People live in this calm that is current but don't have the nose to pick up the scent of the storm in the distance approaching.

Alright, so let me preface with some qualifiers first.

I'll end up marrying a black woman, so don't think i'm denying the real reality of race in America. Or how race plays out in social situations which expands into financial related ones. I'm not denying race or racism, but.

Here's what I see in this video.

First off, there is the myth of white people in black culture. Black people always joke around with me and mention that I probably have a mutual fund or a hedge fund i'm dipping into, I am told that I probably know how to flip money and that if I get arrested; my dad can just go golf with the judge and i'll be out. Like my family somehow knows all the cops and lawyers in town. Like we have a D.A. on speed dial lol. All of this is laughable. I won't make this all about me, but about all white people as how THEY see us.

Blacks see the top 1% (who are indeed white) and think that we're all living like that. We're not. He mentioned a $100K nest egg or something. My family doesn't even have that. A politician even said that Whites on average are millionaires compared to blacks and so on, which is simply not true. The statistics that politician and the stats this guy are showing, are both heavily biased and skewed to push a certain political agenda (and I probably vote the same card as he votes)

Secondly, he is mentioning that whites own everything. Even liquor stores. But, in my experience at least, it's usually Indian dudes who own those places. I went to a KFC recently (no ****, i'm not trying to be snarky here, this actually happened) and I went in to apply, and this black dude just kind of stood there and looked at me.

Didn't know what his problem was, but he said he'd see me in his office now. I came to found out that this black man, owned this KFC franchise. Not a white man. Explain that one.

Another one, my dad knew a guy growing up. He went back to his hometown to find that this black guy; ended up owning like 3 or 4 McDonalds' franchises as it were and was absolutely LOADED.

Which brings me to this guy's next point; age gap, baby boomers.

What he fails to mention is, perhaps this isn't about race. But about generations. Baby boomers were coming up in a time when the American Dream WAS alive, it died with NAFTA. Or maybe it's just an age thing. How many blacks in America are young vs old. Younger folks tend to be poorer than their elderly counterparts. That might explain it.

Stop jumping to race all of a sudden, the guy is well meaning but is entirely misguided.

He mentions something about the # of white and black families, he fails to mention that 70% of black families are without a father, he fails to mention how many blacks glorify crime which leads to prison and high incarceration rates. It's seen as cool and hip to go to prison for murder. To go down for 40 years gets you pats on the back in many parts of the black community (you have to distinguish the respectable blacks from the criminal blacks, just like you have alright white people and then serial killers, mass shooters or pedophile whites, or even white trash redneck type whites).

Talk about self destructive behavior.

Blacks are forced to search for a father figure in the streets, in gangs etc. more than whites. Because whites have a long standing tradition of fathers who.. are present.

The black kids who find these older black fellas, the latter tend to be criminals. Birds of a feather flock together. Run with the wrong crowd long enough and you too will be in jail before long. That applies here almost perfectly.

I believe it goes back to slavery. White or black, no one (who cared about social status) wanted to be caught dead marrying or having kids with a black woman. And so the tradition continued. The trend of fatherless black homes.

Lastly, he fails to mention that married people tend to be richer on avg than their single counterparts. Many blacks don't marry before they have kids. Whites usually do. Whites are more cognizant of this sort of thing compared to Blacks.

Family homes will be richer than single parent households, which 70% of blacks are apart of (single parent households, not families). He fails to mention this.

To conclude: I'm trying to be open minded about this, I'm trying to see his side of things, but I believe it mostly comes back to blacks and so on.

Also: the American Dream died for everyone man, not just blacks. The 1% in our country are white, yes, but they are also not like 99% of white families in our nation.

Blame NEPOTISM and IVY LEAGUE ELITIST SCHOOLS, not white people for being so rich.

I don't have time to respond to your whole post, but I will respond to some points.
Alright, so let me preface with some qualifiers first.

I'll end up marrying a black woman, so don't think i'm denying the real reality of race in America. Or how race plays out in social situations which expands into financial related ones. I'm not denying race or racism, but.

Here's what I see in this video.

First off, there is the myth of white people in black culture. Black people always joke around with me and mention that I probably have a mutual fund or a hedge fund i'm dipping into, I am told that I probably know how to flip money and that if I get arrested; my dad can just go golf with the judge and i'll be out. Like my family somehow knows all the cops and lawyers in town. Like we have a D.A. on speed dial lol. All of this is laughable. I won't make this all about me, but about all white people as how THEY see us.

Blacks see the top 1% (who are indeed white) and think that we're all living like that. We're not. He mentioned a $100K nest egg or something. My family doesn't even have that. A politician even said that Whites on average are millionaires compared to blacks and so on, which is simply not true. The statistics that politician and the stats this guy are showing, are both heavily biased and skewed to push a certain political agenda (and I probably vote the same card as he votes)

I think the statistic you're referring to in the video is average family wealth. Would you dispute that "White Wealth" is higher than "Black Wealth" or "Latino Wealth?" The statistics he cited included a larger proportion of blacks per household. That could account for the low value of black household wealth, if it was per capita. But it appears to be somewhat contrary to your concept of a single parent household as I understand it to mean a parent or guardian of some number of children.

I don't know where he gets his statistics, but the gap appears to be there on the next video on autoplay as well.

The black kids who find these older black fellas, the latter tend to be criminals. Birds of a feather flock together. Run with the wrong crowd long enough and you too will be in jail before long. That applies here almost perfectly.
This is also true about STD's. The older gentlemen are statistically more likely to carry and transmit STD's to sexual partners of any age. But, are you saying that boomers are more likely to participate in criminal activity or recruit younger generations? I don't want to portray what you said the wrong way, but I don't think it's too much of a stretch to claim that older people are more likely to have committed crimes and/or run with the wrong crowd. This is a slightly different issue, but recidivism is also of concern here because jail is not the end of the line for repeat offenders.

Blame NEPOTISM and IVY LEAGUE ELITIST SCHOOLS, not white people for being so rich.

I don't think that he's blaming just any white person for being rich, there's no doubt that a very rich few skew the data. So "white people own almost everything in America" is not blaming poor white people for being wealthy, it's showing by contrast that "black people have been locked out" historically. Therefore a reasonable solution would probably not be to map white wealth to black wealth, allocating a proportionally greater amount of wealth to a very few wealthy black families and allocating a proportionally lesser amount of wealth to very many black families living in poverty. But we do know for a fact that black families are at a disadvantage, and it is a problem. That is the "financial landscape," if you will.

Secondly, he is mentioning that whites own everything. Even liquor stores. But, in my experience at least, it's usually Indian dudes who own those places. I went to a KFC recently (no ****, i'm not trying to be snarky here, this actually happened) and I went in to apply, and this black dude just kind of stood there and looked at me.

He doesn't mean everything literally. He's was trying to make the point in the video the scale of ownership among white Americans. And he is right.

White Americans almost all the banks, almost all companies of scale. Black businesses--while a good thing and a contribution to their communities--are usually very small business. Maybe employing 2 to 4 people but very often the owner is the sole worker and employees no one.

One of the most frequent businesses opened in the Black-American neighborhoods are barbershop. With that you rent out barber chairs or employ hourly or ask for x percent of cut per head or per sum brought in for the day. Usually chairs are rented out or the owner asks for x percent cut.

Which brings me to this guy's next point; age gap, baby boomers.

What he fails to mention is, perhaps this isn't about race. But about generations. Baby boomers were coming up in a time when the American Dream WAS alive, it died with NAFTA. Or maybe it's just an age thing. How many blacks in America are young vs old. Younger folks tend to be poorer than their elderly counterparts. That might explain it.

NAFTA was signed in with President Bill Clinton. But the problems began before then for Black-Americans. Generation X are not "younger folks" except in relation to older generations like Baby Boomers. Nearly the entire generation of Gen X Black-Americans (particularly depending on what cities you look at) were economically annihilated like an asteroid impact wiping out dinosaurs.

Stop jumping to race all of a sudden, the guy is well meaning but is entirely misguided.

He mentions something about the # of white and black families, he fails to mention that 70% of black families are without a father, he fails to mention how many blacks glorify crime which leads to prison and high incarceration rates. It's seen as cool and hip to go to prison for murder. To go down for 40 years gets you pats on the back in many parts of the black community (you have to distinguish the respectable blacks from the criminal blacks, just like you have alright white people and then serial killers, mass shooters or pedophile whites, or even white trash redneck type whites).

Talk about self destructive behavior.

Blacks are forced to search for a father figure in the streets, in gangs etc. more than whites. Because whites have a long standing tradition of fathers who.. are present.

Yet you have jumped to race yourself by the very statements above, as it suits your own religious recited polemics about black males. The same song and dance for how many decades have "progressives" and "conservatives" playing and dancing this American Flamenco? And you all in all your brilliance can't solve it even though you claim to know the problem and know the solution? Decades. And your progress? Zilch.

So, how about this, we start playing a new song and dancing a new dance, because the incompetence of you people is appalling.

Find who?

Older? I thought you said the older criminals are in prison?

You obviously are not from the "hood." The girls are at minimum as bad--if not worse--than the boys. Aside from the fact the girls are themselves members of gangs (oh wait... maybe if their mother was in the home, blah, blah, blah) they are frequently in fist fights. Frequently. But the gangs themselves are no longer the big factor--or draw--as they used to be. At best these gang members now are loosely affiliated. Mostly. Occasionally, there might pop up an extremely organized clique within a gang. Other than that most of them flash their gang signs like Americans wave the American flag, and they adhere to an anti-Christ moral philosophy not unlike most Americans today. Except these gangs are highly homophobic and deny homosexuals membership in the gang.

As in this example in this video (Warning: violence: teen females fighting: gang signs etc.): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7L-ig7OEMY

He doesn't mean everything literally. He's was trying to make the point in the video the scale of ownership among white Americans. And he is right.

White Americans almost all the banks, almost all companies of scale. Black businesses--while a good thing and a contribution to their communities--are usually very small business. Maybe employing 2 to 4 people but very often the owner is the sole worker and employees no one.

One of the most frequent businesses opened in the Black-American neighborhoods are barbershop. With that you rent out barber chairs or employ hourly or ask for x percent of cut per head or per sum brought in for the day. Usually chairs are rented out or the owner asks for x percent cut.

NAFTA was signed in with President Bill Clinton. But the problems began before then for Black-Americans. Generation X are not "younger folks" except in relation to older generations like Baby Boomers. Nearly the entire generation of Gen X Black-Americans (particularly depending on what cities you look at) were economically annihilated like an asteroid impact wiping out dinosaurs.

Yet you have jumped to race yourself by the very statements above, as it suits your own religious recited polemics about black males. The same song and dance for how many decades have "progressives" and "conservatives" playing and dancing this American Flamenco? And you all in all your brilliance can't solve it even though you claim to know the problem and know the solution? Decades. And your progress? Zilch.

So, how about this, we start playing a new song and dancing a new dance, because the incompetence of you people is appalling.

Find who?

Older? I thought you said the older criminals are in prison?

You obviously are not from the "hood." The girls are at minimum as bad--if not worse--than the boys. Aside from the fact the girls are themselves members of gangs (oh wait... maybe if their mother was in the home, blah, blah, blah) they are frequently in fist fights. Frequently. But the gangs themselves are no longer the big factor--or draw--as they used to be. At best these gang members now are loosely affiliated. Mostly. Occasionally, there might pop up an extremely organized clique within a gang. Other than that most of them flash their gang signs like Americans wave the American flag, and they adhere to an anti-Christ moral philosophy not unlike most Americans today. Except these gangs are highly homophobic and deny homosexuals membership in the gang.

As in this example in this video (Warning: violence: teen females fighting: gang signs etc.): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7L-ig7OEMY

I ask you, i'm just playing devil's advocate here but.. why is it okay to say white people own everything, but not okay to say Jews own everything?

What if I had statistics to back up the fact that Jews are indeed over-represented in finance, media etc.

Black gentile wealth vs White Jew wealth?

But i'm sure we'd get ban hammered for that one huh?

You mention something about barbershops, isn't that just stereotyping and generalizing though?

Gen X = from 1960s-1980s or so. Could Johnson's War on Poverty have anything to do with it?

I didn't read the rest. If you can't address someone with some basic human decency, you don't deserve human dignity.

The guy is not misguided. In the youtube description of the video it appears he is an attorney (has a J.D.) by profession.

This is part of the description or detail for the youtube video in question:

tonetalks
Published on Mar 19, 2017

Attorney Antonio Moore details the reality of wealth in America, and how it cuts across racial lines. The video relies on articles by Demos.org, that are based on data released by the Federal Reserve.

And he speaks like an educated grad student or professor at UW-Milwaukee, or even one the lawyers from Marquette Law School in Milwaukee that hosts discussions open to the public on policy issue topics.

https://law.marquette.edu/community/lubar-center

It was a pair of announcements that raised people's eyebrows. In mid-2006, Mike Gousha, longtime news anchor on Milwaukee's WTMJ (Channel 4) and regarded as the preeminent broadcast journalist in Wisconsin, announced he was leaving the station after 25 years. Several months later, Marquette University announced that Gousha was joining the university's Law School as distinguished fellow in law and public policy.

...the Law School would strive to be a crossroads for serious, evenhanded discussion of major public issues. In programs open to the public, Gousha would interview significant and interesting people; host debates involving candidates in major elections; moderate panel discussions on crucial issues facing Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and the nation; and, in general terms, broaden and elevate public discourse.

Example of white lawyers engaging the intellect rather than merely reciting a song and dance from Democrats or Republicans:

Milwaukee PBS
Published on Nov 28, 2016
[Original Airdate: November 18, 2016]

Mike Gousha, Distinguished Fellow in Law and Public Policy at the Marquette University Law School, talks to Dr. Tim Snyder, Bird White Housum Professor of History at Yale University, about Adolf Hitler's political dogma as outlined in his new book "Black Earth: The Holocaust as History and Warning."

Lastly, he fails to mention that married people tend to be richer on avg than their single counterparts. Many blacks don't marry before they have kids. Whites usually do. Whites are more cognizant of this sort of thing compared to Blacks.

Family homes will be richer than single parent households, which 70% of blacks are apart of (single parent households, not families). He fails to mention this.

Yes, it is true a two parent income generating household (assuming both parents generate income), today brings in more money into a household with kids, than a single income does.

That is one thing but it does not itself create a company that produces farming tractors. Part of what he was talking about was a greater look at how wealth itself is generated. It's not merely about two low income people generating income through earning wages and living under the same roof.

To conclude: I'm trying to be open minded about this, I'm trying to see his side of things, but I believe it mostly comes back to blacks and so on.

Also: the American Dream died for everyone man, not just blacks. The 1% in our country are white, yes, but they are also not like 99% of white families in our nation.

Naw, I worked in construction years ago, so I saw the might a white money. White Americans have so much money they didn't need to live in the city of Milwaukee or open their new businesses there. Instead, they expanded small towns into city urban sprawl, plowing into rural woods the damned animals lived in. They grew whole cities like this with strip malls and industrial parks (businesses) and residential communities. They even drove into Milwaukee to work. And then drove out at the end of the work day. Creating major traffic. This was not unique to Milwaukee but has happened all over the country. Black-Americans can't plow down whole forested areas to build whole towns out of scratch. They don't have that kind of money. That is white kind of money.

I ask you, i'm just playing devil's advocate here but.. why is it okay to say white people own everything, but not okay to say Jews own everything?

White people--in a most literal sense--don't own everything. Neither do Jews.

There a plenty of poor a__ whites. Lots of lower-income whites too. There have always been poor whites in the USA. Always. Never has there not been.

There are a number of innovative, hard working white people (male and female) like my boy Joe Rogan. Certainly he has been a more consistently hardworking person than myself. I don't begrudge that dude a thing he has gotten and earned. If anything I rather learn from him. And he has some wisdom.

Now, there are plenty of a lot less hard working white people than Joe Rogan, they show up and go through the daily drill and grind like every other working black and working Latino etc. And nothing is wrong with that. But it takes nothing but being an average human to do that. And in this case these whites benefit from a far more extensive networking system for getting employed than blacks do. My only point here is that these types of whites (which makes up most whites) might temper their arrogance on how uniquely "hard working" and "special" they think they are.

As for the Jews. Not all Jews are white. Jews are brown, black, and white like Latinos are. That said... almost all Jews in the USA are white.

So, pertaining to the USA let me speaking of Jews being a white ethnic group like Italians, Germans, Irish, Scots-Irish and so on.

The Jews in fact are disproportionately wealthy for making up only 1% or 3% of the US population. They are disproportionately represented in banking, media, medicine, and I think even the sciences.

Like Italian-Americans are disproportionately represented in crimes of extortion. In Wisconsin it is well known in the construction industry that all the old great craftsmen in Wisconsin were German. You found a lot of Germans that worked in the various trades in Wisconsin.

You mention something about barbershops, isn't that just stereotyping and generalizing though?

Aside from seeing this my own eyes, I have gotten some of this information from having studied as UW-Milwaukee. One of the courses I took, required reading, was a book that touched on the differences in wealth between blacks and whites. I wish it were my own brilliance to come up with the barbershop example and examples of heavy machinery like factories that build earth moving machinery, but really it was the white American author of the book I read for that class.

You know... with no college education the US Marine instilled enough common sense in me that if one wishes to win the war they need to have a realistic understanding of what is before them. So, that alone would allow me to open my eyes and see the more factual state of most black businesses within the black community and Black-American society as a whole.

Gen X = from 1960s-1980s or so. Could Johnson's War on Poverty have anything to do with it?

Crack cocaine was as big if not even a larger factor. It decimated my generation. Many either went to jail for it or many either got hooked on it. Of course not everyone fail victim either way, but a lot did nonetheless. It was probably on par with what is going on in Brazil now with a generation of dark skinned Brazilians supposedly getting wiped out by crack cocaine. Nota Bene. Nt so many years ago under President Lula of Brazil dark skinned Brazilians were beginning to climb the hell out of poverty by gaining jobs in all the new factories and businesses created under the booming economy Brazil was having at the time.

In my own conception of life on earth, to reject reality or to ignore reality is one of the greatest sins a person can commit. If you are a parent and reject reality around you, willing to sacrifice the life of your child to some Satanic demon-god to spite conservatives who claim x thing is reality today, then you engage in one of the greatest evils a person can commit. Part of the traps of this life to put you in poverty too, can be envy others have, or a crabs in a bucket syndrome. Prepare your child for battle rather than singing some song "everything is always okay and conservatives only ever lie."

But the greater factor is Black-Americans themselves, the parents, the communities. They promote fiction. The Black-American man in that video in post #1 is akin to Vince Lombardi, akin to a salty Army Special Forces instructor, he will as a father produce champion sons. Because he simply does not tell them to cast their hopes on voting for Democratic politicians. No political party is going to save your a__ from drowning in these Americas.

Okay, I will temper that by saying the Democrats at least offer a saftey net for some (not all) impoverished people, that they may not fall below a certain floor level. So, they do help some from not drowning. But overall, particularly for men, neither party can save you.

But if you can learn principles to developing wealth, to becoming more successful, or just in how to obtain a middle-class life (not everyone has to aspire to being rich), you can save your own a__.

I didn't read the rest. If you can't address someone with some basic human decency, you don't deserve human dignity.

Yes, from the guy insinuating black men only run after white women and don't want o be seen in public with black women. :roll:

For the record, Black-American women, even very dark ones, are almost the only women in America from grade school to my 20s I ever tried courting. What was one Black-America woman's put down or condemnation of me... oh yeah... "You seem like the type of guy a woman marries."

This BS fiction tale all and every Black-American woman is some damned little angel that just wants a "nice guy" is more fiction than any Nazi claiming the Holocaust never existed. It's that damn false.

The vast majority--and I do mean vast majority--of ethnic Black-American men go after black women. That's who they are mainly attracted to. Hell, they are raised with them.

The guy is not misguided. In the youtube description of the video it appears he is an attorney (has a J.D.) by profession.

This is part of the description or detail for the youtube video in question:

And he speaks like an educated grad student or professor at UW-Milwaukee, or even one the lawyers from Marquette Law School in Milwaukee that hosts discussions open to the public on policy issue topics.

https://law.marquette.edu/community/lubar-center

Example of white lawyers engaging the intellect rather than merely reciting a song and dance from Democrats or Republicans:

Yes, it is true a two parent income generating household (assuming both parents generate income), today brings in more money into a household with kids, than a single income does.

That is one thing but it does not itself create a company that produces farming tractors. Part of what he was talking about was a greater look at how wealth itself is generated. It's not merely about two low income people generating income through earning wages and living under the same roof.

Naw, I worked in construction years ago, so I saw the might a white money. White Americans have so much money they didn't need to live in the city of Milwaukee or open their new businesses there. Instead, they expanded small towns into city urban sprawl, plowing into rural woods the damned animals lived in. They grew whole cities like this with strip malls and industrial parks (businesses) and residential communities. They even drove into Milwaukee to work. And then drove out at the end of the work day. Creating major traffic. This was not unique to Milwaukee but has happened all over the country. Black-Americans can't plow down whole forested areas to build whole towns out of scratch. They don't have that kind of money. That is white kind of money.

"The guy is not misguided. In the youtube description of the video it appears he is an attorney (has a J.D.) by profession. "

So. What's your point? Just because he's a lawyer, I bet that makes him master of the universe huh? Ridiculous elitism, that's what is wrong with our country. You think people are smart because of some initials next to their name and so on. Have you even verified this? How do you know he didn't lie in the descript. and put a random plaque on the wall behind him? The guy isn't misguided, no. But you are!

"And he speaks like an educated grad student or professor at UW-Milwaukee"

Oh my god dude. The self loathing white guilt my god. Stop kissing his ass and saying he sounds so educated and smart just because he happens to be black. If he was White talking about Blacks being more privileged than whites you'd call for his neck.

Jesus Christ. I shall not engage you.

Last edited:
"The guy is not misguided. In the youtube description of the video it appears he is an attorney (has a J.D.) by profession. "

So. What's your point? Just because he's a lawyer, I bet that makes him master of the universe huh? Ridiculous elitism, that's what is wrong with our country. You think people are smart because of some initials next to their name and so on. Have you even verified this? How do you know he didn't lie in the descript. and put a random plaque on the wall behind him? The guy isn't misguided, no. But you are!

My point is I watched the entire video and I can tell he is an intelligent guy. I can tell he either received a formal education (which is most likely and from a university most likely) or he is self educated (possible, but I'm a hazard a guess the odds are against that and the odds are he has a law degree as stated).

I don't necessarily consider lawyers intellectuals. But you can be a lawyer and an intellectual. But lets put the term intellectual aside. The fact is some (not all) lawyers can have fair to strong backgrounds in math and finance. They will need that if they handle estate matters.

"And he speaks like an educated grad student or professor at UW-Milwaukee"

Oh my god dude. The self loathing white guilt my god. Stop kissing his ass and saying he sounds so educated and smart just because he happens to be black. If he was White talking about Blacks being more privileged than whites you'd call for his neck.

Jesus Christ. I shall not engage you.

I'm not white. Not sure why you thought I was. But the comments section under that Youtube video in Post #1 evidences a number of Black-Americans get what he's saying.

Anyways, speaking of lawyers, law schools, and as you mentioned earlier slavery, Marquette Law School interviewing a black professor from MIT.

Milwaukee PBS
Published on May 21, 2014
[Original Airdate: May 20, 2014]

Host Mike Gousha speaks with MIT Professor Craig Steven Wilder, author of "Ebony and Ivy: Race, Slavery and the Troubled History of America's Universities". Wilder explains the history of racism in higher education, and details how many historical institutions were built with money generated by the slave trade. (Recorded Dec. 4, 2013 at Marquette University Law School).

When you were speaking of slavery earlier, were you talking about the portion at roughly the 17:40 mark of the video? It reminds me of what British physician-scientists in the 1800s did to the corpse of the last Tasmanian man (they were into the science of evolution). Many tore the corpse apart taking personal souvenirs, and one took some of the skin and made a personal tobacco pouch out of it.

Currently, modern Americans and Europeans aren't so ghoulish, but many are still as stupid as back then in thinking you should never question scientists and their prevailing views. Anyways, I digress. But I was unaware that early American colleges were tied in to the profits and culture of slavery inside the USA and British Caribbean.

Great posts, FastPace. You are very knowledgeable about the economic disparity here. It goes deeper than wages. White people and black people are still not fully integrated. I think I saw another one of Antonio Moore's videos where he claimed something like "Black people don't have a home country like other racial groups do."

If I can find the video, I'll share it.

What do you think about the African diaspora, or Caribbean diaspora? When these people came to the US, did they leave their home countries behind in a different way than immigrants who bought a ticket? Some of the immigrants brought wealth with them.

The most disturbing current trends are those that increase the racial wealth gap by widening the gap between the rich and poor. So while it may seem tolerable to give a tax break to wealthy billionaires for their private jets, and it might not seem racist, it actually makes it worse for black and white people who now have to compete on poor terms. But black people had been getting the short end of the stick throughout Jim Crow, police brutality, crack cocaine and other historical inequality, and it's still not working.

Back
Top Bottom