• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Birth Control Abortions?

americanwoman

dangerously addictive
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 21, 2005
Messages
28,168
Reaction score
21,925
Location
Somewhere over the rainbow
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Independent
I am on birth control and I go to a clinic which specializes in providing medical care to low to middle income women who do not have insurance. I am pro life as I do not believe in murder and every month when I go to pick up my medicine there is this guy outside protesting and calling everyone who enters a murderer and a baby killer. Mind you this is a health clinic where they do no such thing-just as I stated provide medical care. Now last Saturday when I went in I heard the same old story but this time he accused me of not being a good catholic because I go here and get medical care and support them. That drew the line as I have always been very faithful and against abortion. So I argue with him for about 10 minutes about the fact that they do not do abortions there and it is actually illegal to do one in the county I live in but he was so stubborn on his points. He told me that taking birth control was an abortion in itself. I have read up on this and found no facts supporting this. If anyone has any information( facts) to back up this jackass please let me know as I would not want to be the jackass in this situation. It hurts to be called those names when I would never ever have an abortion.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
americanwoman said:
I am on birth control and I go to a clinic which specializes in providing medical care to low to middle income women who do not have insurance. I am pro life as I do not believe in murder and every month when I go to pick up my medicine there is this guy outside protesting and calling everyone who enters a murderer and a baby killer. Mind you this is a health clinic where they do no such thing-just as I stated provide medical care. Now last Saturday when I went in I heard the same old story but this time he accused me of not being a good catholic because I go here and get medical care and support them. That drew the line as I have always been very faithful and against abortion. So I argue with him for about 10 minutes about the fact that they do not do abortions there and it is actually illegal to do one in the county I live in but he was so stubborn on his points. He told me that taking birth control was an abortion in itself. I have read up on this and found no facts supporting this. If anyone has any information( facts) to back up this jackass please let me know as I would not want to be the jackass in this situation. It hurts to be called those names when I would never ever have an abortion.

Let me ask you an honest question...One that, I think, you already know the answer to...

If one were to put up the most honest, scientific, and actual proof that goes against any claims he may have....

Do you thing that would change his opinion one iota?

Not worth the trouble...Kick him in the nads, then proclaim, "Now your wife won't ever have to have an abortion either!":smile:
 

americanwoman

dangerously addictive
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 21, 2005
Messages
28,168
Reaction score
21,925
Location
Somewhere over the rainbow
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Independent
Yeah I guess your right- he would still come out and harrass the people who go there. You should see these "scientific pamplets" he hands out though. Great fiction reading.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
americanwoman said:
Yeah I guess your right- he would still come out and harrass the people who go there. You should see these "scientific pamplets" he hands out though. Great fiction reading.

I suggest you take one...pretend to read it for a few seconds...then start laughing and drop it on the ground...then just walk away...
 

ScottMarian

New member
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
American woman:

From a scientific viewpoint of does a certain type of birth control induce a abortion? Well some do but I am not an expert in that area. The ones that do basically have the egg release from the side of woman an induce a small type of abortion. You need to speak with someone who knows a lot more on the subject than I do. I would suggest that you go to the national right to life website or call the local office. I know your heart is not to induce even a small abortion and I know that you will check on these things.

As a Catholic myself. I know the Church teaches against birth control but I do not think that in anyway is as serious of a sin as having an abortion. All I can do is encourage you to make sure the birth control method that you use is not in any way harmful to a fertilized egg within you. Best of luck.
 

IValueFreedom

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
americanwoman said:
I am on birth control and I go to a clinic which specializes in providing medical care to low to middle income women who do not have insurance. I am pro life as I do not believe in murder and every month when I go to pick up my medicine there is this guy outside protesting and calling everyone who enters a murderer and a baby killer. Mind you this is a health clinic where they do no such thing-just as I stated provide medical care. Now last Saturday when I went in I heard the same old story but this time he accused me of not being a good catholic because I go here and get medical care and support them. That drew the line as I have always been very faithful and against abortion. So I argue with him for about 10 minutes about the fact that they do not do abortions there and it is actually illegal to do one in the county I live in but he was so stubborn on his points. He told me that taking birth control was an abortion in itself. I have read up on this and found no facts supporting this. If anyone has any information( facts) to back up this jackass please let me know as I would not want to be the jackass in this situation. It hurts to be called those names when I would never ever have an abortion.

You sound like a nice person. If your intentions are in the right place, then I'm sure your God will be okay with it.
 

vergiss

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
cnredd said:
Not worth the trouble...Kick him in the nads, then proclaim, "Now your wife won't ever have to have an abortion either!":smile:

:lol: Good idea.

I agree - it's not worth the effort. Just ignore him and let him continue on his self-infatutated way.

Moral of the story? Don't go to extremes in any political argument, and don't insult those who happen to have a different opinion to your own - lest karma rightfully come and bite you in the arse. *nod* ;)
 
T

TrueRepublican

Well, it depends, there are some you can take AFTER THE FACT, but I don't believe that is abortion either, I mean, I am 100% against abortion, but it really isn't a baby when it is first fertilized, it doesn't have a very good chance of living anyway. But that is like saying using a condom, or getting your tubes tied is abortion, it isn't, it is preventing the fact, not killing it AFTER it was fertilized.
 
Top Bottom