• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bipartisan Lawmakers Again Pressuring Biden to Increase Aide, release planes.

Let's be clear. They (and you) are arguing that the US should go to war with a nuclear power. Get the Congress to declare war first (that way this horrible idea will never happen).

The only "clarity" in your comment is that of your preference for a simpleminded and disingenuous strawman. Increasing military aid to Ukraine, including supplying them aircraft or air defense systems is not "going to war with a nuclear power", its continuing to assist a country under attack WITHOUT going to war.

Blackmail is one thing (Cuban Missile Crisis ring a bell?), war with a nuclear power is another. Do you support actions that would be considered acts of war against Russia? I don't.

I suspect you are lying to yourself. If Russia attacked Finland and Sweden, you would be against sending them anything to help them defend themselves? And if they attacked Nato, you would still be against sending material aide to those countries?

Members of his own damn party are calling for Biden to dislodge his head from his rectum and help Ukraine and Biden is sitting on his wrinkled ass doing nothing.

Taiwan is watching...and is 1,000% more worried.

THIS IS NOT THE ****ING 1930'S, PUTIN IS NOT ****ING HITLER, RUSSIA IS NOT ****ING NAZI GERMANY GET SOME NEW ****ING MATERIAL.

Jesus H ****ing Christ, enough with the Nazi comparisons all-****ING-ready, there are NO ****ING SIMILARITIES to speak of.

There. Thats better. Much better.(y)

View attachment 67379971

I am sure one could have also taken you position in 1938/39, "This isn't the 1910s, Germany is not Colonialist England or France, Herr Hitler is only seeking to protect German populations in countries that weren't even real countries."

Putin apologetics always echo to the sound of jackboots.

I suspect you are lying to yourself. If Russia attacked Finland and Sweden, you would be against sending them anything to help them defend themselves? And if they attacked Nato, you would still be against sending material aide to those countries?
If Russia attacked Finland or Sweden I'd be in favor of doing what we are doing now. If they attacked NATO, we'd be at war.

The only "clarity" in your comment is that of your preference for a simpleminded and disingenuous strawman. Increasing military aid to Ukraine, including supplying them aircraft or air defense systems is not "going to war with a nuclear power", its continuing to assist a country under attack WITHOUT going to war.
It's not what we call it, it's what the attacked country calls it. You are counting on Russia not to escalate if you escalate America's involvement. I don't like that paradigm.

It's not what we call it, it's what the attacked country calls it. You are counting on Russia not to escalate if you escalate America's involvement. I don't like that paradigm.

Appeasement doesn't work with Putin, an ex-KGB officer and serial murderer.

Appeasement doesn't work with Putin, an ex-KGB officer and serial murderer.
So you put your eggs in the escalation basket? What makes you think that will work any better?

If Russia attacked Finland or Sweden I'd be in favor of doing what we are doing now. If they attacked NATO, we'd be at war.

So if Russia was invading those two countries, the most you would do is send them some stingers and Javlins, but not any powerful hardware like SAMS, planes, armored vehicles, artillery, or the like?

So you put your eggs in the escalation basket?

You're the one that asssumes escalation.

US forces killed Russian mercenaries in Syria with no nuclear war. How come?

So if Russia was invading those two countries, the most you would do is send them some stingers and Javlins, but not any powerful hardware like SAMS, planes, armored vehicles, artillery, or the like?
Do we have other treaties with them? If not, no I wouldn't.

You're the one that asssumes escalation.

US forces killed Russian mercenaries in Syria with no nuclear war. How come?
We were there first. We were involved in a hot war in that area. Did they shoot at us first?

I'm not counting, I am knowing. NATOs and Bidens original allusions were to be supplying proportional conventional arms to Ukraine to defend itself against invading Russian forces. Putin didn't like it, but there was nothing he could do about it. THEN the west "negotiated against oneself", inexplicably and publically gave away its promise by self-limiting aid to personal arms and supplies. This became more apparent when Biden killed the transfer of planes to the sovereignty of Ukraine and started babbling about "offensive weapons", etc.

That is no way to communicate and fight even a proxy war, let alone to save Ukraine. Our blockheaded leadership publicly invited Putin to retrospectively draw his own redlines further west and then threaten convoys... he properly saw fear and weakness and exploited it.

In spite of poor management, it's not too late. Send the damn planes, send SAMS, send anti-tank mines, send whatever arms Ukrainians can learn to use on their own. DONT send NATO pilots or Convoys driven by NATO personnel.

THAT is in keeping with Bidens pledge of commitment.

I'm not counting, I am knowing. NATOs and Bidens original allusions were to be supplying proportional conventional arms to Ukraine to defend itself against invading Russian forces. Putin didn't like it, but there was nothing he could do about it. THEN the west "negotiated against oneself", inexplicably and publically gave away its promise by self-limiting aid to personal arms and supplies. This became more apparent when Biden killed the transfer of planes to the sovereignty of Ukraine and started babbling about "offensive weapons", etc.

That is no way to communicate and fight even a proxy war, let alone to save Ukraine. Our blockheaded leadership publicly invited Putin to retrospectively draw his own redlines further west and then threaten convoys... he properly saw fear and weakness and exploited it.

In spite of poor management, it's not too late. Send the damn planes, send SAMS, send anti-tank mines, send whatever arms Ukrainians can learn to use on their own. DONT send NATO pilots or Convoys driven by NATO personnel.

THAT is in keeping with Bidens pledge of commitment.
No it is not. Your hunger for war is noted. Thankfully you represent the minority.

Back
Top Bottom