• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bill Maher contracts COVID despite being vaccinated

I don't know a single person who has died because they weren't wearing their seat belt.
You misunderstand this argument. You asked me if I was seeing anyone die from covid-19 after they were vaccinated. I wasn't seeing anyone die of covid-19 at all.

I didn't ask you if you saw people die from not wearing safety belts so you're mentioning of this couldn't be less relevant if you tried.

I wouldn't ask the question how many people are you seeing die from not wearing safety belts if I was trying to make the case that wearing a safety belt reduces fatality in car accidents.

So you're arguing against something I never stated.

Yes I do not very well. I didn't get the mumps for the measles after I was vaccinated from those viruses in fact I don't ever have to worry about that again. I have to get a flu shot every year because there are multiple strains of that.

If there are multiple streams of this guess what, the vaccine won't work. And it's no longer a pandemic it's endemic.

Why would I get vaccinated against one strain that isn't even the one that's infecting people after I already had the virus?

From May 6 , 2021​

Pfizer COVID vaccine protects against worrying coronavirus variants​

Data from Qatar provide strongest evidence yet that COVID-19 vaccines can stop strains thought to pose a threat to immunization efforts.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01222-5

How can you tell if the bold headlines seen on social media are truly touting the next big thing or if the article isn't worth the paper it's printed on?

Understanding Medical Studies, will provide you with the tools and skills you need to critically interpret medical studies, and determine for yourself the difference between good and bad science.

From May 6 , 2021​

Pfizer COVID vaccine protects against worrying coronavirus variants​

Data from Qatar provide strongest evidence yet that COVID-19 vaccines can stop strains thought to pose a threat to immunization efforts.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01222-5
If it doesn't work which it doesn't we already know this there's no argument, this source is discredited.

STOP crossing the street at a crosswalk because one in a million get hit by a car even though they are using a crosswalk with a flashing walking sign and green light.

You have a better chance of missing being hit by a car if you jaywalk!

If there is a breakthrough it very mild or no symptoms at all.

COVID-19 patients total 170 at local hospitals, not a single one vaccinated​

Both my wife and I have had our shots and nothing negative happened, but then again, we aren't scaredy-cats ;)

Not enough information about Maher's positive test...

When did he get vaccinated?
Which vaccine did he get?
Was he already infected when he got vaccinated?
Did he get infected during the two weeks after his second dose?
Was he infected with a variant?
Was the test faulty?
Is he contagious?
Without testing how many others might've tested positive and didn't know it?

It's also important to note that the majority of the Yankees players are asymptomatic. When they first announced it, they stated 6 out of the 7 players were asymptomatic.
It is believed that up to 80% of all people that tested postive for COVID without the vaccine were asymptomatic. 13%-18% had noticeable symptoms. Without the vaccines.

They dont go into details...just that 8 are infected, one of whom both previously had the virus and has had the vaccines.
You can still contract covid post vaccine. It is substantially less likely that you will develop a case that is significant enough for aggressive clinical intervention . One of the major goals of vaccination was to prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed.

Achieved.

There is nothing about the vaccine that kills the virus the moment it touches your body.

You can still contract covid post vaccine. It is substantially less likely that you will develop a case that is significant enough for aggressive clinical intervention . One of the major goals of vaccination was to prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed.

Achieved.

There is nothing about the vaccine that kills the virus the moment it touches your body.
Sure...which is why flu vaccines are often so ineffective.

It is believed that up to 80% of all people that tested postive for COVID without the vaccine were asymptomatic. 13%-18% had noticeable symptoms. Without the vaccines.

The interesting thing in the article are the long term effects found in some of the asymptomatic.

Best Life article said:
An asymptomatic case could also still affect you long-term. In fact, several studies have shown that long-term health issues arise in those who had COVID but had no symptoms. Eric J. Topol, MD, founder and director of Scripps Research Translational Institute, told The Wall Street Journal that at least four studies so far have analyzed the lung scans of asymptomatic individuals, finding that "half have significant abnormalities consistent with COVID pneumonia but without symptoms." And a July study published in JAMA Cardiologydiscovered abnormal cardiac MRIs in both symptomatic and asymptomatic COVID patients, concluding that heart damage due to the virus is possible no matter how mild or severe your case is.

The flu vaccines are often not effective because they have to make a "best guess" on what strains to include.

I have to wonder if this new vaccine pathway will be a game changer for flu vaccines.

Actually , there are many different variants of flu and scientists have to guess which strains are more likely to hit each flu season.

Flu vaccinations are usually only 40 percent effective.

The Pfizer and Modera vaccines are 95 percent and 94 percent effective and nearly 100 percent against getting a serious case of Covid 19.
We eradicated small pox with vaccinations.

2 doses of MMR is 97 percent effective.
Wild polio is nearly eradicated and only are in remote areas of world.
So remote we hardly ever hear of a case in the 10 years.

Compare that mumps...2 doses of the MMR is 88 percent effective against mumps .
When was last time you heard of someone having the mumps in the US ?

As I said the there are so many strains of seasonal flu...that is why the flu shot is only about 40 percent effective any given years.....Scientists have to guess which flu will prevalent in a given year.

Last edited:
Actually , there are many different variants of flu and scientists have to guess which strains are more likely to hit each flu season.

Flu vaccinations are usually only 40 percent effective.

The Pfizer and Modera vaccines are 95 percent and 94 percent effective and nearly 100 percent against getting a serious case of Covid 19.
We eradicated small pox with vaccinations.

2 doses of MMR is 97 percent effective.
Wild polio is nearly eradicated and only are in remote areas of world.
So remote we hardly ever hear of a case in the 10 years.

Compare that mumps...2 doses of the MMR is 88 percent effective against mumps .
When was last time you heard of someone having the mumps in the US ?

As I said the there are so many strains of seasonal flu...that is why the flu shot is only about 40 percent effective any given years.....Scientists have to guess which flu will prevalent in a given year.
Sure...and if you listen to Fauci in his exchange with Rand Paul...we have to keep wearing masks because some variant arent protected by the vaccine.

I dont know how the numbers will all shake out after the first year or two. It will be interesting to see how many vaccinated people get COVID

Bill Maher contracts COVID despite being vaccinated​

More and more vaccinated people getting covid-19. That 96% effectiveness sure is missing a lot of people, isn't it?
?????

Which vaccine claimed 96% effective against contracting covid?

Guess since the OP knows his thread completely failed anybody else wanna answer this?

Which vaccine claimed 96% effective against contracting covid?

anybody? lol

Not enough information about Maher's positive test...

When did he get vaccinated?
Which vaccine did he get?
Was he already infected when he got vaccinated?
Did he get infected during the two weeks after his second dose?
Was he infected with a variant?
Was the test faulty?
Is he contagious?
Without testing how many others might've tested positive and didn't know it?
You forgot the important one: is he sick?

"Thanks to all wishing me get well — hard to do since I feel perfectly fine, but I appreciate it!

What this means is, it IS working. People are not getting sick. Just as advertised.

You forgot the important one: is he sick?

"Thanks to all wishing me get well — hard to do since I feel perfectly fine, but I appreciate it!

What this means is, it IS working. People are not getting sick. Just as advertised.
The article said he felt fine.

Back
Top Bottom