• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bill Maher contracts COVID despite being vaccinated

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Bill Maher contracts COVID despite being vaccinated​

Comedian Bill Maher has tested positive for COVID-19, despite being fully vaccinated. The political humorist said he “feels fine” but decided to halt the taping of his talk show “Real Time with Bill Maher” on Friday, according to Variety. No other staff or crew members on the program have tested positive, the outlet reports.

The news comes hours after New York Yankees shortstop Gleyber Torres became the latest member of the baseball organization to test positive for the virus, despite also being inoculated.

More and more vaccinated people getting covid-19. That 96% effectiveness sure is missing a lot of people, isn't it?

Attachments

• 1621012082335.gif
    1621012082335.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 0
  • 1621012082361.gif
    1621012082361.gif
  • 1621012082388.gif
    1621012082388.gif
8 fully vaccinated players on the Yankees just tested positive as well.

Comedian Bill Maher has tested positive for COVID-19, despite being fully vaccinated. The political humorist said he “feels fine” but decided to halt the taping of his talk show “Real Time with Bill Maher” on Friday, according to Variety. No other staff or crew members on the program have tested positive, the outlet reports.

The news comes hours after New York Yankees shortstop Gleyber Torres became the latest member of the baseball organization to test positive for the virus, despite also being inoculated.

More and more vaccinated people getting covid-19. That 96% effectiveness sure is missing a lot of people, isn't it?
This is interesting considering the problem with Yankees players reporting the same thing. The important thing to note is it was never claimed the vaccine would be 100% effective at preventing people from COVID 19 infection, but it is effective at preventing serious symptoms and hospitalizations. From a data perspective it's still pretty early doors at collecting broader data sets to determine efficacy in the general public, and more time still to determine how long our bodies remain resistant to serious infection.

?????

Which vaccine claimed 96% effective against contracting covid?

Last edited:

No. If he feels fine, it means it's doing its job.

No. If he feels fine, it means it's doing its job.
It's also important to note that the majority of the Yankees players are asymptomatic. When they first announced it, they stated 6 out of the 7 players were asymptomatic.

It's also important to note that the majority of the Yankees players are asymptomatic. When they first announced it, they stated 6 out of the 7 players were asymptomatic.
Yes. My 93 year old relative tested positive after being vaccinated and never had so much as a sniffily nose. Nada. At 93, if she hadn't been vaccinated, it might have gone very differently.

Thank God. Thank the researchers and scientists who spend their lives developing vaccines. Thank T**** for pushing its development and the enormous logistics of getting it to the states stat. Thank President Biden for supporting an organized response on the state and local level to get it into arms. Thank the CDC for doing its best to hold the fort when all we had going for us was masks and hand sanitizer. We owe them all a big one, and I'm grateful.

How do we know Bill Mahr really has covid? Could be he caught something in a truck stop restroom and is just claiming it is covid.

Thank T**** for pushing its development and the enormous logistics of getting it to the states stat.

So you figure Trump being an ass and saving us 24 hours on emergency use authorization is a big deal?

The logistics were conquered by Joe more so than Donny.

I read that most of Yankee players who tested positive for Covid had the one shot J& J vaccine which was found to 74 percent effective.

I would be interested in finding out which vaccine fully vaccinated people had breakthroughs.

I am quite sure there will be data somewhere.

Last edited:
I am reading this thread correctly?

Clearly the know-nothings think they know medical science.

Getting the shot doesn't mean you are immune, GEEZE!

It just means you won't get as sick, less likely to die, and it won't stay in your system long.

Figures NYPost didn`t consult any doctors or medical professions before posting this.

I expect dumb from Rightwing threads, but sometimes I am still shocked at HOW DUMB!

It's a Joko thread. They're always loaded with lies and half-truths.
When you don`t know anything about medical science it is easy to be swayed by the likes of NYPost.

I would be TOO embarrasssed to have posted this thread.

I read that most of Yankee players who tested positive for Covid had the one shot J& J vaccine which was found to 74 percent effective.

I would be interested in finding out which vaccine fully vaccinated people had breakthroughs.

I am quite sure there will be data somewhere.
Yep, I read the same thing which makes me curious as to how vaccine efficacy will be analyzed as time goes on and compared between the current types.

i support employers and public transportation requiring the vaccine. those who don't get it can shake their fists at the sky in their backyards until they are evicted. then they can shake their fists at the sky on the sidewalk.

Even if they get it, the chances of dying from it or getting seriously sick are far less.

I agree.

In fact according to this article:
Over 99% Hospitalized 2021 COVID Patients Unvaccinated

i support employers and public transportation requiring the vaccine. those who don't get it can shake their fists at the sky in their backyards until they are evicted. then they can shake their fists at the sky on the sidewalk.
I'd sure feel better about getting on a plane if I knew everyone was vaccinated. Wayne Jr. and his story of knowing a dozen people with phony cards makes me a little uneasy though.

Vaccines don't prevent you from catching the virus or diveloping covid. That's not how vaccines work or what they do. Vaccines help prevent you from getting very sick. That's it.

Back
Top Bottom