• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden to announce his stimulus package today

Equally dumb or insufficient responses. They literally had to close Lombardy off from the rest of Italy because people wouldn't act right.

But the fact that they're being stupid doesn't excuse our stupidity.
So you cant explain how the whole of Europe is basically in the exact same shape as we are. Thats what I thought. The election is over. The sooner you guys drop the hackery and dumbassery the sooner we can have something that resembles an actual debate.

You have no right to speak about hackish dishonest talking points when you support the terrorist-in-chief.
I do and I will despite your pathetic attempt at silencing those you disagree with

No doubt the GOP will have their come to Jesus moment and once again discover their fiscal responsibility mantra.,,,...no doubt by proposing a huge tax cut!

Notice all Democrat 'stimulus' programs involve giving away taxpayer dollars only. There is never anything about job creation. It's because Democrats prevent job creation. President Trump had the most robust economy in history. He didn't have a silly 'Jobs Bill'

1. this is about job preservation and job creation with the money that now will get spent. If you do not have any money to pay your regular bills, do you think they will spend any money that will help the economy? Nope,

2. how do you think the economy will recover if hundreds of thousands of people will get homeless, lose their houses, etc. etc. etc.?

3. you mean Trump inherited a good economy in an improving world wide economic boom?

And with the huge unemployment of today, caused in a large part by the failing Trump presidency (a large part of failure) due to covid19.

Your robust failure lost another million jobs this week.
You post some really wild stuff.

Come on, wild stuff is mostly just inaccurate/wrong stuff ;)

my guess is that we're all going to have to pay more. the coke binge is over even for those of us who didn't get a snort.
No that will never happen. If anything taxes will be cut on the middle class. If we need more revenue a wealth tax is a possibility. Raising taxes on those that spend all their income n the economy is self defeating and comes straight out of GDP.

No that will never happen. If anything taxes will be cut on the middle class. If we need more revenue a wealth tax is a possibility. Raising taxes on those that spend all their income n the economy is self defeating and comes straight out of GDP.

i'm talking about an ideal solution, which, in my opinion, would be taxing all income as income above a cap and raising the rates to closer to the what they were the last time we had a surplus. i don't much want to pay more, but i'll do it.

Because of the Democrat-led closures. Trump, as we know, never wanted closures. So, again, you're blaming the wrong people. But you knew that, right?

More nonsense, the economy suffered because of the pandemic Trump largely ignored and kept ignoring mostly. And we are blaming the right people. Or else there would have been deaths in the millions.

Because of the Democrat-led closures. Trump, as we know, never wanted closures. So, again, you're blaming the wrong people. But you knew that, right?

Because of the Republican refusal to combat the covid epidemic.

Taxes are going to have to go up.

Yes, but part of those taxes are going to flow back into the governments coffers are sales taxes, larger economic growth, etc. etc.

Finally. Americans will finally get the $1,400-$2,000 they deserve. Biden will do the right thing and increase unemployment payments and funding to state and local governments.

The Biden administration is starting out with a bang. Thank goodness for competent leadership again.
It is needed for the People and for small businesses. Often times the relief bills are choked with pork, and eventually we'll all need to be paying taxes to pay it back. It's at best a "loan" from the government.

Not wearing masks, not maintaining a robust immune system, not trusting in science will not erase the pandemic and will not rebuild an economy thus the word stagnant comes to mind and millions of bankruptcies not mention greater demand on social services. Certainly zero economic growth and a grand display of conservative wreckanomics.

How can America afford the right wing party of economic destruction aka the population that refuses to wear masks which infects more and more and more and more and more? Supply Side Wreckanomics has been replaced by dumb ass economics both of which have no working models as back up.

Perhaps you havent been paying attention, but there is a global pandemic going on and the knee-jerk left wing reaction to it was to shutter all non-essential businesses. What did you think was going to happen when the state forced the layoffs of 40 million Americans?

For the State and the federal government to step in and help out. You know like in most countries. We did not give money to the unemployed, we gave money to the companies so that they could keep their staff on the pay role. Part of the wages was paid by the company and part by the State. Most companies could weather the storm with no firings whatsoever.

Finally. Americans will finally get the $1,400-$2,000 they deserve. Biden will do the right thing and increase unemployment payments and funding to state and local governments.

The Biden administration is starting out with a bang. Thank goodness for competent leadership again.

The above represents an investment in the people and the economy = an investment that pays back = a smart choice for a loan application. Millions upon millions upon millions of people will spread these tax dollars into their local economies thus economic growth thus putting america back to work. Investments work.

Yes, we have a patriotic adult again in the White House who actually cares about the American people more than himself....refreshing! (y)

Yes, but part of those taxes are going to flow back into the governments coffers are sales taxes, larger economic growth, etc. etc.

sure, that's true. however, the US has used tools that should have only been implemented during a depression for reversal of a level of economic distress that most of us have never seen. i don't see how we can make those tools permanent.

Do you think something will change by next week????

I have never been able to see the future and I didn't start now.

Isn't unemployment at a record high under Trump's watch? That didn't happen under Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, or Carter.

Just FYI
special circumstances due to covid-19, quite obvious... along with the dem backed severe lockdowns.

oh but NOW they're fine with opening the country anyway, says Cuomo LOL.

special circumstances due to covid-19, quite obvious... along with the dem backed severe lockdowns.

oh but NOW they're fine with opening the country anyway, says Cuomo LOL.

What special circumstances? Trump called it a hoax and behaved likewise.

I hope so. He could also solve simple poverty in his first term by executive order since the reality tv guy doesn't want to get, that real with the People during the current hardship.

A democrat administration should have no problem asking the Cabinet to come up with cost effective and market friendly solutions to solving our current economic dilemma. Congress could ask their budget office to likewise, come up with a cost effective and market friendly solution that promotes and provides for the general welfare of the United States.

sure, that's true. however, the US has used tools that should have only been implemented during a depression for reversal of a level of economic distress that most of us have never seen. i don't see how we can make those tools permanent.

The problem is political desire to do so. In the Netherlands the safety net was always there in a rudimentary form, but the second world war taught us the need for a proper safety net.

Back
Top Bottom