• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Should Encourage Primary Challengers for 2024

Cameron

Politically Correct
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Why not? Let’s see who the potential challengers are and make a reasoned decision about who is going to have the best chance against Trump or DeSantis in 2024?

Biden’s low approval ratings and the constant concern re his fitness make it unlikely he is the Dems’ best candidate, but no reason for him to remove himself from the running before we see who the alternatives are.

Democrats may have just done well enough in the midterms to keep Biden around and get Trump out. Worst case scenario.

Why not? Let’s see who the potential challengers are and make a reasoned decision about who is going to have the best chance against Trump or DeSantis in 2024?

Biden’s low approval ratings and the constant concern re his fitness make it unlikely he is the Dems’ best candidate, but no reason for him to remove himself from the running before we see who the alternatives are.
Always appreciate Republicans telling Democrats how to run their party.

Biden allegedly told aids back on 2019 he would only be a one term president. The only reason he hasn’t said he will not run yet is to prevent him being a lamer duck that he already is

Biden allegedly told aids back on 2019 he would only be a one term president. The only reason he hasn’t said he will not run yet is to prevent him being a lamer duck that he already is
Sounds like he wants to run, according to today's press conference. He should, he is doing a phenomenal job.

Sounds like he wants to run, according to today's press conference. He should, he is doing a phenomenal job.
We’ll Biden has a well established history of lying so I wouldn’t take what he says very serious

I only respond to what someone writes.
Loyalty to a particular person as opposed to a party is a Trump trait tho…. I voted for Biden in the 2020 primary and would vote for him against Trump or DeSantis, but I think I can hope for choices without being labeled a Republican.

Loyalty to a particular person as opposed to a party is a Trump trait tho…. I voted for Biden in the 2020 primary and would vote for him against Trump or DeSantis, but I think I can hope for choices without being labeled a Republican.
A bit early to campaign, isn't it?

No incumbent wants a primary challenge. Primaries cost a fortune are physically tiring and the challenger spends time talking about your negatives.

Then there are the hard feelings from the supporters of the loser who might not turn out in the general election.

No incumbent wants a primary challenge. Primaries cost a fortune are physically tiring and the challenger spends time talking about your negatives.

Then there are the hard feelings from the supporters of the loser who might not turn out in the general election.
I’ve always thought of Biden as someone who ran and is running out of duty, because he thought a Sanders-type could not beat a Trumpist, not because he needs to be President. I think that attitude changes the dynamics.

As for the money, it’s a small price to pay and many would be willing to pay it to ensure we put our best foot forward in 2024.

I’ve always thought of Biden as someone who ran and is running out of duty, because he thought a Sanders-type could not beat a Trumpist, not because he needs to be President.
Absolutely false.

Are you just being salty? Castro and Warren formed exploratory committees in December 2018.

But in any event, nobody said this has to happen tomorrow.

I don’t think so. 2 years is about the norm, no?
Give or take a few months yes it is, Biden announced with a year and 6 or 7 months to go along with other candidates. So we should start seeing some official announcements march or April of next year

On the contrary, Biden should put up a fight for the nomination. Anything else looks like a fix.

I still think it's possible he will voluntarily resign, probably just after the Georgia runoff (if that happens)

Are you just being salty? Castro and Warren formed exploratory committees in December 2018.

But in any event, nobody said this has to happen tomorrow.
Look, you don't like Biden. Got it.

I’ve always thought of Biden as someone who ran and is running out of duty, because he thought a Sanders-type could not beat a Trumpist, not because he needs to be President. I think that attitude changes the dynamics.

How noble you think he is. This was his fifth run for the White House, from long before Bernie ran. And he had no good reason to think Bernie couldn't win, especially any more than he could. He could have been 'Hillary 2.0'.

Back
Top Bottom