• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden sends former top defense officials to Taiwan

If you didn’t know Taiwan’s ass has been on the line for umpteen years than you are obviously not up with events. Obama and neither Trump had to do this cause it’s obvious now how weak the Americans have become under Biden. China will take Taiwan and Biden will have zero say, watch it happen

Biden is the one willing to deal with China in any meaningful way.

Biden doesn’t want to change China. He wants to beat it.

I'm assuming you mean they no longer compete to 'govern' Taiwan, which, I take it, that PRC is now governing Taiwan. This would be new to me, unless you meant something else?
No I mean that Taiwan once considered that they were the true government of the Chinese mainland in exile. That has faded away and so Taiwan is really not a political threat to the PRC anymore.

If you didn’t know Taiwan’s ass has been on the line for umpteen years than you are obviously not up with events. Obama and neither Trump had to do this cause it’s obvious now how weak the Americans have become under Biden. China will take Taiwan and Biden will have zero say, watch it happen

I’ve forgotten more about that topic than most of the talk radio righties will ever know.

Most of Trump nation couldn’t find Taiwan on a map.

China has wanted Formosa back since 1949.

Biden wasn’t the one who made America look weak.

Trump did. His belligerence, his pointless obstruction and his constant attacks on America’s traditional allies were a direct assault on the Atlantic Alliance.

And they began before he even lucked into the Presidency.

Of course it plays well to the growing isolationism of the American far right, and that was but the beginning and end of Trump’s thinking. That and serving Russian interests by driving wedges between the US and its allies in the EU, NATO and Asia.

Putin believed that the work Trump did, and the work Russia’s FSB did selling jingoism and isolationism to right wing American over the same platforms that Noisemax and Fox use, would sap America’s willingness to respond to a real crisis

And Putin believed his own propoganda about Biden being a weak doddering old man. But so did trump nation. Just the sort of simpleton thinking that appeals to trump nation.

There is no doubt whatsoever that trump would have cheered Putin’s invasion. He would want to be the drum major at the victory in Kiev.

Of course, when China saw that demonstration of American weakness and the fecklessness of its’ leader, Taiwan becomes an easy target.

Fortuntately, Putin and trump nation were wrong.

Biden has been able to rally NATO, and clearly has Moscow stymied.

Even of Putin succeeds in occupying Ukraine, the steps that have already been taken will insure that his victory will be pyrric.

Trump cheers for Putin.

Which leaves you , once again, in the position of having to play still more parsing games, whataboutism and the outright lies to defend your continued devotion to your failed wannabe fuhrer and his open treason.

China has already backed away from any commitment to Moscow, dispite Putin’s show at the outset.

They would have doubled down were your fuhrer still president. And trump, trapped in service to his real master, would have gone along.

I shudder to think what kind of rationalizations and excuses trump nation would try and conjure to endorse that.

But since the same people endorsed an insurrection, endorsed Russian collusion, and are now endorsing trump’s open treason, there is no doubt that the trump dead Enders would excuse that too.

No I mean that Taiwan once considered that they were the true government of the Chinese mainland in exile. That has faded away and so Taiwan is really not a political threat to the PRC anymore.
Yeah, that ship has sailed long ago.

I hope that the Dem administration will do more than just threaten China with the mother of all sanctions.

It should station large ships of the American navy in the Taiwan Straits.

It should quietly (the Chinese, like all people, do not like to lose face) tell the Chinese tyrants that those American naval vessels will not permit Taiwan's enemies to mount an invasion of the island.

It should also NOW send all kinds of weapons to knock down enemy aircraft.

China needs to be told to stay in its lane. If the U.S. doesn't do it, Japan may do so.
I would not do that when there is no obvious provocation. Could actually ramp up things unnecessarily. OTOH I can assure you Taiwan is already armed to the teeth.

Last edited:
Taiwan if they had a capable military could inflict significant damage in a Chinese invasion
Time they ponied up and pay soldiers better, increase military spending, turn the island into a porcupine
I think Taiwan is already there as far as defense.

At least Biden, or rather more so his admin, isn't going to be caught flat footed a 2nd, (or is it already a 3rd time?)
Let's hope that these discussions includes additional defensive military equipment, training and support.
Because a visit by 5 former bureaucrats is going to deter China?

What's the next step? Pulling "The Batman" from release in China?

I’ve forgotten more about that topic than most of the talk radio righties will ever know.

Most of Trump nation couldn’t find Taiwan on a map.

China has wanted Formosa back since 1949.

Biden wasn’t the one who made America look weak.

Trump did. His belligerence, his pointless obstruction and his constant attacks on America’s traditional allies were a direct assault on the Atlantic Alliance.

And they began before he even lucked into the Presidency.

Of course it plays well to the growing isolationism of the American far right, and that was but the beginning and end of Trump’s thinking. That and serving Russian interests by driving wedges between the US and its allies in the EU, NATO and Asia.

Putin believed that the work Trump did, and the work Russia’s FSB did selling jingoism and isolationism to right wing American over the same platforms that Noisemax and Fox use, would sap America’s willingness to respond to a real crisis

And Putin believed his own propoganda about Biden being a weak doddering old man. But so did trump nation. Just the sort of simpleton thinking that appeals to trump nation.

There is no doubt whatsoever that trump would have cheered Putin’s invasion. He would want to be the drum major at the victory in Kiev.

Of course, when China saw that demonstration of American weakness and the fecklessness of its’ leader, Taiwan becomes an easy target.

Fortuntately, Putin and trump nation were wrong.

Biden has been able to rally NATO, and clearly has Moscow stymied.

Even of Putin succeeds in occupying Ukraine, the steps that have already been taken will insure that his victory will be pyrric.

Trump cheers for Putin.

Which leaves you , once again, in the position of having to play still more parsing games, whataboutism and the outright lies to defend your continued devotion to your failed wannabe fuhrer and his open treason.

China has already backed away from any commitment to Moscow, dispite Putin’s show at the outset.

Of course, if

Most Muricans couldn’t find any country on a map, is that your premise?
Sadly it’s just over for America, but we knew that 50 years ago, just don’t know how to play the long game

I would not do that when there is no obvious provocation. Could actually ramp up things unnecessarily. OTOH I can assure you Taiwan is already armed the teeth.

You ever been there? Lmao

I am curious as to what the purpose of this trip is. Does Biden or the intelligence community know of a threat to Taiwan? If they do, that is bad as it likely leads to a Russia/Chinese alliance well beyond what we've seen. Those two will work together to achieve their goals if they are happening at the same time. If there is no intelligence showing a serious threat, what is the point of this? Is it just to provoke or send warning to the Chinese? And if so, is that wise while dealing with Russia? Now is not the time to push China into the open arms of Russia with no real reason to do so. We've been working for weeks to isolate Russia. Bringing China to them is a bad plan if that is the plan.

Not from what I have read.
Underpaid, under equipped
I guess I stand corrected.

I still can't get my head around PRC rising losing all the trade from the U.S. and allies just to take back Taiwan. It would be even stupider than Putin invading Ukraine.

I guess I stand corrected.

I still can't get my head around PRC rising losing all the trade from the U.S. and allies just to take back Taiwan. It would be even stupider than Putin invading Ukraine.
They are part of the island chain giving China free access to the Pacific.
Taiwan, Japan, Philippines, and SK.
Yes I know SK is not an island, but is included

China can take Taiwan. Best action for the US/other countries is to choke China's imports/exports
China is a net food importer

Some FP analysts wonder if China will turn to the east and cement their control thru trade/loans
While building weapons (ASD) to deny US free movement in the area

Like sending Hunter on the big plane to China for a big payday, cmon you can’t be serious

Are you sure your perspective isn't influenced by bias?

Because a visit by 5 former bureaucrats is going to deter China?
I draw your attention to the second sentence in my post:
"Let's hope that these discussions includes additional defensive military equipment, training and support."

What's the next step? Pulling "The Batman" from release in China?

I draw your attention to the second sentence in my post:
"Let's hope that these discussions includes additional defensive military equipment, training and support."
I understand that it is your hope. I hope it as well.

"hopes" and "doing something about it" are worlds apart. It wasn't too long ago that this administration hoped for a peaceful withdrawal from Afghanistan.

I understand that it is your hope. I hope it as well.

"hopes" and "doing something about it" are worlds apart. It wasn't too long ago that this administration hoped for a peaceful withdrawal from Afghanistan.
Fair enough. We'll have to see if there are any discernable results from their meeting / discussion.

That line there, just pure gold! This is how deeply in denial the left is.
Should have been a non-stop conveyer belt of arms being delivered to Ukraine. Perhaps like the WW II lend / lease type program, get them back later maybe?
The more arms stock piles, the more deterrence, don't you think?

They are part of the island chain giving China free access to the Pacific.
Taiwan, Japan, Philippines, and SK.
Yes I know SK is not an island, but is included

China can take Taiwan. Best action for the US/other countries is to choke China's imports/exports
China is a net food importer

Some FP analysts wonder if China will turn to the east and cement their control thru trade/loans
While building weapons (ASD) to deny US free movement in the area

China already has free access to the pacific! Taiwan, is in their mind, their property just like a bunch of areas in this region

Back
Top Bottom