• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden invokes Defense Production Act to increase supply of U.S. infant formula

Nuclear is what the focus needs to be. Electric cars are great. How do you provide power to the nation? Hydro/Wind, and any other green source doesn't get us remotely close.
I agree

It's funnier that the alt reich blames Joe Biden when it rains.
Most of these same Right Winger's would blame Biden because of their own case of E.D. (Erectile Dysfunction)

Most of these same Right Winger's would blame Biden because of their own case of E.D. (Erectile Dysfunction)
I wish they had a case of ED (electoral dysfunction)

"A few days ago." :rolleyes: People have known about these shortages for a while. This isn't new.
It was so bad that three months ago they had to immediately run to the government to fix these problems?

This is what I don’t get about “conservatives”

You want government to stay out of peoples business, but now you’re complaining that they didn’t act fast enough to get into the peoples business after the people screwed up with possible chemicals that kill children.

The best solution would be to have many companies. But that would be anti-republican.

I was out driving today and listening to MSNBC on the radio. There was a Democrat congresswoman (can’t recall her name) who provided the timeline for this debacle.

FDA inspected the Abbott plant and found some violations in September.

Abbott whistleblower contacted the FDA about contamination and other irregularities at the plant in October

FDA returned to the Abbott plant in December

Abbott recalled its baby formula in February and halted production

I could be a little off on some details as I was driving.

This congresswoman was very critical of the FDA dragging it’s feet and also of Abbott for its potential wrongdoing. Hopefully what comes out of this is a more responsive bureaucracy and some significant changes at Abbott including fines or jail time.

That's because it took a while for the issue to become critical. And it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that the issue would become critical.
A rocket surgeon you say. 😂

The pendulum is tedious and predictable, but the Republicans are an exponentially nastier group of people than the Democrats are.

It was so bad that three months ago they had to immediately run to the government to fix these problems?

This is what I don’t get about “conservatives”
It's been so bad that the government needed to get involved more than 3 days ago. Your false argument is dismissed. Just because people who get their information from a fringe leftist bubble weren't aware of this important problem until a few days ago doesn't mean that it hasn't been a serious problem for longer than that.

Your favorite media sources are sheltering you from bad news and this administration.
On what date and by what source did you know there was a baby formula problem?

It's funnier that the alt reich blames Joe Biden when it rains.
Only if it causes flooding and Biden waits until after the waters have receded (and the community has rebuilt) before he sends in FEMA to check out the damage done.

How dare anyone in congress object to the federal government subsidizing ‘private’ corporations with borrowed (or printed) funds? ;)
How dare they object to a solution to a problem that they bitch breathlessly about without offering an alternative. They want babies to starve to win an election later this year. They also want Russia to win its war of aggression and for racial and sexual minorities to be deported.

Apparently someone knew about it.

Updated: 2:12 PM EST Feb 8, 2022

Nguyen's concern has been echoed by many parents on Facebook, including those relying on nutrition assistance programs, such as the federal Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC). They are sharing stories of their frantic efforts to obtain infant formula.
Perhaps WIC just didn't think it was important enough to bring it up to Biden.

Only if it causes flooding and Biden waits until after the waters have receded (and the community has rebuilt) before he sends in FEMA to check out the damage done.
What a terrible analogy. Did Biden invoke the DPA after the formula shortage was fixed?

What about rush hour traffic? You know Biden caused that, too, right?

What a terrible analogy. Did Biden invoke the DPA after the formula shortage was fixed?

What about rush hour traffic? You know Biden caused that, too, right?
You don't recognize sarcasm?

When I knew is the wrong question. When did this administration know is the important question?

They have been aware of the problem dating back to nov of last year.

They need the government to get out of the way, and stop killing projects that would increase production, stop barring drilling and production, and stop preventing the construction of new refineries, and they need to get the government to stop preventing the construction of new nuclear power plants. In that way, yes, they need the government to help, by stopping the government's assistance to our enemies by crushing the energy industry here in the US.
How much baby formula does a nuclear power plant make?

Did someone finally wake the old man up? How long has the Abbott plant been shut down before he finally figured out that "Houston we have a problem!"?
You know Biden needs a month's warning to make a decision.

This is a huge move. Not to be taken lightly. Do you want the president to just command the economy for every little bump in the road?

I have no idea what “conservatives” want any more

No he wants to pretend the president controls the economy when it is expedient to blame the president, then point to relatively rare instances where the administration needs to step in with the DPA to 'pwove' it.

Back
Top Bottom