• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden: I'm going to shut down the virus.

diz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This is, I believe, is an authentic Joe Biden twitter post not a parody site:

I'm not going to shut down the country.

I'm not going to shut down the economy.

I'm going to shut down the virus.

I have some questions:

Does Joe Biden actually think he can shut down a worldwide pandemic? Like King Canute ordering the tide not to come in?

Which of his Constitutionally limited Presidential powers does he (or any reasonable person) think can accomplish this?

And, if no reasonable person could believe the President has the power to do this, does Twitter have some responsibility to suppress this tweet for being misinformation?

I read elsewhere that CNN suppressed an ad that said Joe Biden would raise taxes. How is this any different? It seems one the media and social media get into the suppression of misinformation business this sort of thing should make this list.

I have some questions:

Does Joe Biden actually think he can shut down a worldwide pandemic? Like King Canute ordering the tide not to come in?

Which of his Constitutionally limited Presidential powers does he (or any reasonable person) think can accomplish this?

And, if no reasonable person could believe the President has the power to do this, does Twitter have some responsibility to suppress this tweet for being misinformation?

I read elsewhere that CNN suppressed an ad that said Joe Biden would raise taxes. How is this any different? It seems one the media and social media get into the suppression of misinformation business this sort of thing should make this list.

He said in a speech that was on the National news so.

He cannot do worse than trump has done, good grief no one could do worse.

I have some questions:

I have one question.

Are you as anal/pedantic about any of the profoundly stupid shit that has poured from Trump’s pie hole?

Trump’s base model for dealing with the coronavirus is herd immunity, literally doing nothing, which would result in an estimated 2.2 million dead Americans so, to him, 229 thousand dead is doing a great job.

Joe's going to shut down the virus. Jeeze why didn't geniuses like Bill Gates come up with that idea?

Most Democrats are so mindlessly submissive to the absolute authority the super rich have over them that they literally nominating someone they know is a demented old white segregationist who in over 4 decades never accomplished one thing they can praise. Even his running mate can not think of one positive thing Biden has ever done in public office.

Biden will ask his bosses in communist china to provide the vaccine. Why make a virus without the cure?

Why would they provide such a a cure?

Biden: Can we have the vaccine?

Xi Jinping : Sorry Big guy, thats a hard no......

bgjoe.PNG.

Trump’s base model for dealing with the coronavirus is herd immunity, literally doing nothing, which would result in an estimated 2.2 million dead Americans so, to him, 229 thousand dead is doing a great job.

Actually, Trump called for a unified response to infections diseases like covid in the January state of the union.

The democrat response was to rip up the speech and then dance around in chinatown.

+
Nancy Pelosi Visits San Francisco's Chinatown Amid Coronavirus Concerns
" "That’s what we’re trying to do today is to say everything is fine here," Pelosi said. "Come because precautions have been taken. The city is on top of the situation."

Biden isn't running on not doing "worse than Trump".

And according to at least one major study, COIVD antibodies in the body wane over time, meaning herd immunity is impossible.

Actually, Trump called for a unified response to infections diseases like covid in the January state of the union.

Yes, he did call for it and then lied to the American people for months while his own VA was doing construction projects to prepare for the onslaught of COIVD patients.

Sure he is. Pretty much his whole campaign has been "I am not Trump".
"I'm not Trump" isn't the same thing as "I can't do worse than Trump".

Trump read a scripted speech from a teleprompter in January.

In February, Trump lied to the American public about the seriousness of COVID-19; “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle - it will disappear”.

Since then, Trump has done more to spread the virus than kill it.

And according to at least one major study, COIVD antibodies in the body wane over time, meaning herd immunity is impossible.
The data hasn’t been confirmed, but it does look like older age groups are more likely to lose the defending antibodies more quickly and to a greater extent than younger, healthier people.

Joe's going to shut down the virus. Jeeze why didn't geniuses like Bill Gates come up with that idea?
Better than waiting for it to magically disappear as Trump has asserted.

Like I said elsewhere
He will stricktly enforce wearing a mask, right after reducing the police force and jail capacity by 50%.

And right after shutting down the virus, he's gonna mobilize something ... :ROFLMAO:

The democrat response was to rip up the speech and then dance around in chinatown.

+
Nancy Pelosi Visits San Francisco's Chinatown Amid Coronavirus Concerns
" "That’s what we’re trying to do today is to say everything is fine here," Pelosi said. "Come because precautions have been taken. The city is on top of the situation."

It seems the only time people point to what Trump did well happened in the first three months of the year. It's like praising a football player for how well he played in the preseason even though he has been a total bust when it counted during the regular season.

A president working to shut down the virus will be a nice change of pace.

I have some questions:

Joe Biden will succeed where France, the UK, Belgium, Spain, and Italy miserably failed, even after massive lockdowns. Remember, it's all Trump's fault. All of it!

It should be obvious Biden is using hyperbole for effect. He can certainly take bold steps to limit the spread and mitigate the effects. As others have pointed out in contrast to trump's do-nothing approach any effort is an improvement. Showing just an ounce of leadership and setting an example would be a start.

You umpachay, he'll not only ovayay armday first day, he'll double the ootintay every utshay in ouyay and then some .
Biden Speak.jpg

It should be obvious Biden is using hyperbole for effect. He can certainly take bold steps to limit the spread and mitigate the effects. As others have pointed out in contrast to trump's do-nothing approach any effort is an improvement. Showing just an ounce of leadership and setting an example would be a start.

So, you agree with what I said, he’s saying something he knows isn’t true to mislead people.

Why does twitter allow it given their new standards of silencing misleading information? Shouldn’t they lock his account?

Back
Top Bottom