• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden: I condemn violence in Portland, 'challenge Trump to do the same'

Actually, under Obama, police shootings of unarmed suspects were being investigated at the federal level. The Trump administration dropped that. Moreover, in some cities, the police department is under the control of the state government, not the city government.

Yes, in the Ferguson case Obama abused his power to have the DOJ try and do everything they could to charge the cop but, in the end, even they could not charge the cop with anything. As I mentioned in another post, Obama also abused his power by having the DOJ investigate the Baltimore police department. The end result of that was Baltimore has turned into a ****hole city.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1295461903268040707

Last edited:
Just like Trump you have no clue how to quell uprising...What you don't do is what Trump did in Portland and send in special military units which failed and only created more chaos.

Trump doesn't run any of these cities being burned down. Democrats run all of them. Democrats have failed. Democrats will lose.

Yes, in the Ferguson case Obama abused his power to have the DOJ try and do everything they could to charge the cop but, in the end, even they could not charge the cop with anything. As I mentioned in another post, Obama also abused his power by having the DOJ investigate the Baltimore police department. The end result of that was Baltimore has turned into a ****hole city.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1295461903268040707

Baltimore has been a ****hole for decades. I live in MD. I know.

It has nothing to do with party line. It has to do with reality.

Trump has repeatedly offered to put and end to the riots in Portland. Both the Mayor and the Governor have refused his help.

The fact that Trump leads the country does not give him the power to end the riots in Portland without their permission.

He sent troops there and then left.
The character of the country today is a reflection of the leadership in the WH.

All organizations, be it a team, a business, a gov't, always takes on the character of the leadership. That's why they are called leaders.

nothing to do with my post so why did you post it?
Trump has been condemning the violence and everything else for 3 months.

Joe Biden is sleeping again.

tRUMP isn't condemning the violence, he is stoking for more. It's his campaign strategy. Blame and division.

He sent troops there and then left.
The character of the country today is a reflection of the leadership in the WH.

All organizations, be it a team, a business, a gov't, always takes on the character of the leadership. That's why they are called leaders.

You appear to have no idea why federal law enforcement was active in Portland and you don't have any idea why they are less active now.

That makes it pretty much useless to talk with you.

You are dismissed. (see my sig)

You appear to have no idea why federal law enforcement was active in Portland and you don't have any idea why they are less active now.

I do know. And I know why they left.
You don't like that trump pulled them out.

Another whip lash change for Biden, since he realized he was on the wrong side of the argument. First he was going along with all the criminal rioters, then it was pointed out to him he was losing votes big time, and WHAM whip lash he is against the rioters.

Correct....Exactly what the poster said...Trump is supporting right-wing militia group to be vigilantes to confront protesters which just escalates the violence...Im glad you understand that..

Violence is already there. You can't turn an area into a bonfire, with the consent of the local government, and not expect people to eventually take measures on their own.

Name a major city that isn't run by Democrats. Democrats run virtually every major city in the country and have for decades. Those "Democrat ran areas" account for over 80% of our GDP. If our economy was just Republican ran areas, we would have the economy of a third world country.

What changed is the president. We have an utterly incompetent, racist, walking personality disorder for a president and the country is paying for that right now.

No...what's changed is the radical direction the left has gone in, and that has been demonstrated by the local Democrat leadership that has allowed virtual anarchy and destruction to reign in their streets.

No...what's changed is the radical direction the left has gone in, and that has been demonstrated by the local Democrat leadership that has allowed virtual anarchy and destruction to reign in their streets.

Keep telling yourself that while Trump and far-right media praises right-wing militias and terrorist groups.

Baltimore has been a ****hole for decades. I live in MD. I know.

The city and it's police force are ****holes.

I just posted an article where 2 BPD cops kidnapped and extorted a contractor over a money issue and 3 of their fellow officers, who witnessed the events, did nothing to stop it

Name a major city that isn't run by Democrats. Democrats run virtually every major city in the country and have for decades. Those "Democrat ran areas" account for over 80% of our GDP. If our economy was just Republican ran areas, we would have the economy of a third world country.

What changed is the president. We have an utterly incompetent, racist, walking personality disorder for a president and the country is paying for that right now.

Additionally, the most dangerous cities are not Chicago, NYC, Seattle, Portland, Whatever. Dangerousness to the individual is not figured by the raw number of crimes committed in a city. It is figured by the number/10.000 population. NYC may have a large number of crimes but they have a huge population and your chances of encountering crime is less than another city with fewer population but the same number of crimes. So which cities are the most dangerous?

Here are the 10 most dangerous metro areas in America for 2020. 6 Democratic and 4 Republican
Anchorage, Alaska. - Democratic
Albuquerque, New Mexico - Democratic
Memphis, Tennessee - Democratic
Wichita, Kansas - Democratic
Lubbock, Texas - Republican
Detroit-Dearborn-Livonia, Michigan - Democratic
Spokane-Spokane Valley, Washington - Republican
Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana - Democratic
Corpus Christi, Texas - Republican
Mobile, Alabama- Republican

What are the safest cities 6 Democratic 3 Republican and 1 non-denominational
Provo-Orem, Utah - Republican
Lancaster, Pennsylvania - Republican
Portland-South Portland, Maine - Democratic
Green Bay, Wisconsin - Democratic
Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown, New York - Republican
Naples-Marco Island, Florida - Non-Partisan
Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, Connecticut - Democratic
Allentown-Bethlehem Pennsylvania - Democratic
Harrisburg-Carlisle, Pennsylvania - Democratic
Reading, Pennsylvania - Democratic

What you learn from these statistics is that most cities, safe or unsafe are probably run by Democrats. Conversely most state governments are Republican. Some pretty corrupt and some fairly honest.

All this condemnation of Democratic cities as hot beds of crime is just so much Republican spaghetti thrown up against the wall to see what sticks.

Additionally, the most dangerous cities are not Chicago, NYC, Seattle, Portland, Whatever. Dangerousness to the individual is not figured by the raw number of crimes committed in a city. It is figured by the number/10.000 population. NYC may have a large number of crimes but they have a huge population and your chances of encountering crime is less than another city with fewer population but the same number of crimes. So which cities are the most dangerous?

Here are the 10 most dangerous metro areas in America for 2020. 6 Democratic and 4 Republican
Anchorage, Alaska. - Democratic
Albuquerque, New Mexico - Democratic
Memphis, Tennessee - Democratic
Wichita, Kansas - Democratic
Lubbock, Texas - Republican
Detroit-Dearborn-Livonia, Michigan - Democratic
Spokane-Spokane Valley, Washington - Republican
Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana - Democratic
Corpus Christi, Texas - Republican
Mobile, Alabama- Republican

What are the safest cities 6 Democratic 3 Republican and 1 non-denominational
Provo-Orem, Utah - Republican
Lancaster, Pennsylvania - Republican
Portland-South Portland, Maine - Democratic
Green Bay, Wisconsin - Democratic
Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown, New York - Republican
Naples-Marco Island, Florida - Non-Partisan
Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, Connecticut - Democratic
Allentown-Bethlehem Pennsylvania - Democratic
Harrisburg-Carlisle, Pennsylvania - Democratic
Reading, Pennsylvania - Democratic

What you learn from these statistics is that most cities, safe or unsafe are probably run by Democrats. Conversely most state governments are Republican. Some pretty corrupt and some fairly honest.

All this condemnation of Democratic cities as hot beds of crime is just so much Republican spaghetti thrown up against the wall to see what sticks.
Dems with 6 of the 8 most dangerous and pubs with #1 and #2 in safety. Good job.

Dems with 6 of the 8 most dangerous and pubs with #1 and #2 in safety. Good job.

LOL. Salvaging the spaghetti that stuck to the wall. You can play this game with almost anything until you get the results you want. What is it you are trying to prove to yourself?

Intellectual dishonesty is their bread and butter.

Back
Top Bottom