• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden eyes "russia" adviser criticized as soft on Kremlin

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Biden eyes Russia adviser criticized as soft on Kremlin

1 day ago — President Biden is considering appointing Matthew Rojansky, head of the Wilson Center's Kennan Institute, as Russia director on the National ...

The Kennan Institute wrote an open letter criticizing the think tank's "growing pro-Kremlin policies, lack of democratic procedures and unprofessional communication with Kennan Institute alumni in Ukraine."

• The letter accused Rojansky of firing the director of the Kennan Institute's Kyiv office for political reasons and appointing a replacement "known for his biased analysis of Ukraine's post-Euromaidan developments."
  • The alumni also condemned the Kennan Institute for hosting pro-Kremlin guests including Alfa Bank President Petr Aven, who was later named in a Treasury report on Russian oligarchs close to Putin.

"
related :

very strange choice, I saw couple of Rojansky articles, they are very fishy and gloomy and unfortunately i must agree with Kennan institute Matthew Rojansky ´s think tank is "unwitting tool of Russia’s political interference."

so whats all about ? What signal Biden sends to Putin´s gang in the middle of big confrontation ?

You guys didn't think the Democrats were serious about their anti-Putin thoughts did you?

Biden eyes Russia adviser criticized as soft on Kremlin

1 day ago — President Biden is considering appointing Matthew Rojansky, head of the Wilson Center's Kennan Institute, as Russia director on the National ...

The Kennan Institute wrote an open letter criticizing the think tank's "growing pro-Kremlin policies, lack of democratic procedures and unprofessional communication with Kennan Institute alumni in Ukraine."

• The letter accused Rojansky of firing the director of the Kennan Institute's Kyiv office for political reasons and appointing a replacement "known for his biased analysis of Ukraine's post-Euromaidan developments."
  • The alumni also condemned the Kennan Institute for hosting pro-Kremlin guests including Alfa Bank President Petr Aven, who was later named in a Treasury report on Russian oligarchs close to Putin.

"
related :

very strange choice, I saw couple of Rojansky articles, they are very fishy and gloomy and unfortunately i must agree with Kennan institute Matthew Rojansky ´s think tank is "unwitting tool of Russia’s political interference."

so whats all about ? What signal Biden sends to Putin´s gang in the middle of big confrontation ?

What about it? An intelligent leader selects people with a range of knowledge, opinions and skills to advise him. A Devils advocate is often a good thing. You don't select staff based on what somebody in Russia thinks.

From the artcle:

Rojansky has been praised for his scholarship on Russia and is frequently cited in U.S. media for his expert commentary.

Now why would you leave that off?

You guys didn't think the Democrats were serious about their anti-Putin thoughts did you?
i am not a D. but i have to agree the R. know how to treat the foes . Trump was not a R. he is putin´s cuckold

this is the real R. speaks

quote-russia-is-a-gas-station-masquerading-as-a-country-it-s-kleptocracy-it-s-corruption-it-john-mccain-124-17-57.jpg

Back
Top Bottom