• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden calls for tougher gun controls after Texas school shooting

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
And immediately Biden politicized this tragedy. Bodies aren't even cold yet and he's out there using these poor little kids to implement his political agenda. Funny how 400 kids a year die in swimming pools and hot tubs but Biden sheds nary a tear for them. Three children per day are killed in traffic accidents and Biden couldn't care less. A hundred children die every year on bicycles but Biden doesn't demand bicycles be made illegal.
Now we have this mentally deranged kid shooting 19 children and suddenly Biden is beside himself with grief demanding tougher gun laws. Truth is he only cares about dead children if he can use them to implement his anti gun agenda. Pretty sickening little man we have as president.

"President Joe Biden has called for tougher gun controls and asked why the US is “willing to live with this carnage” after a teenage gunman murdered at least 19 children and two adults in the country’s deadliest school shooting in nearly a decade."

I am a pro-gun individual, but show me a possible law that changes these events from happening. It isn't there best I can see.

And immediately Biden politicized this tragedy. Bodies aren't even cold yet and he's out there using these poor little kids to implement his political agenda. Funny how 400 kids a year die in swimming pools and hot tubs but Biden sheds nary a tear for them. Three children per day are killed in traffic accidents and Biden couldn't care less. A hundred children die every year on bicycles but Biden doesn't demand bicycles be made illegal.
Now we have this mentally deranged kid shooting 19 children and suddenly Biden is beside himself with grief demanding tougher gun laws. Truth is he only cares about dead children if he can use them to implement his anti gun agenda. Pretty sickening little man we have as president.

"President Joe Biden has called for tougher gun controls and asked why the US is “willing to live with this carnage” after a teenage gunman murdered at least 19 children and two adults in the country’s deadliest school shooting in nearly a decade."

President of the United States of America Joseph Biden, from the above OP, appears to have reducing the number of deaths by gunshot in America as part of his political agenda.

Shame on him!

Regards, stay safe 'n well . . . 'n un-shot.

I am a pro-gun individual, but show me a possible law that changes these events from happening. It isn't there best I can see.
Privacy laws make any significant change, that might possibly work, inaccessible.
Mental health, red flag checks should be implemented regarding gun sales.

Bans, and other ineffectual laws that the left is pushing? Not so much.

Privacy laws make any significant change, that might possibly work, inaccessible.

Bans, and other ineffectual laws that the left is pushing? Not so much.
And that's the conversation this shooting should stimulate. Mental health issues not guns. Let's get to the root of the problem.

And that's the conversation this shooting should stimulate. Mental health issues not guns. Let's get to the root of the problem.

So you support universal healthcare including free access to mental health care?

Or do you believe mental health should be behind a paywall?

Oh that's rich. NOW you're worried about people politicizing the tragedy. Save your crocodile tears.

Your first two posts in the active Breaking News thread;

Trumps fault

Looks like a terrorist that took advantage of Biden’s border.

So you support universal healthcare including free access to mental health care?

Which is different than being able to check background on mental health issues of course.

Do you want to push your agenda or help the gun violence issue?

Yea, as you said, the first problem is that any sort of health check violates privacy in order for an individual to exercise a constitutional right? Ooof. Can we do that for voting then too?

Red Flag Laws would. The shooter was posting about doing violence on social media for days before the shooting.

Do we know that for a fact? What were the postings actually saying? How would this be checked and validated? How long would it last?

I believe this horrible event should have Biden using the bully pulpit to bring mental health issues front and center instead of using it for his anti gun political agenda.

Which is different than being able to check background on mental health issues of course.

Do you want to push your agenda or help the gun violence issue?

A background check on mental health issues would turn up nothing if someone who was mentally ill was too poor to have ever seen a therapist.

Yea, as you said, the first problem is that any sort of health check violates privacy in order for an individual to exercise a constitutional right? Ooof. Can we do that for voting then too?

Do we know that for a fact? What were the postings actually saying? How would this be checked and validated? How long would it last?

Reuters was confirming it this morning.

There will be no getting Republicans on board with anything like this! This is their plan, to get rid of those they say are replacing them. How much better to have "crazies" do their dirty work so there will be less to have to put in the ovens later.

I believe this horrible event should have Biden using the bully pulpit to bring mental health issues front and center instead of using it for his anti gun political agenda.

And if he proposed universal mental healthcare paid for by taxes for all Americans, you would support that proposal?

Repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act...

Maybe Biden should instead focus on swimming pools and traffic laws.

There are absolutely no regulations on pools or cars, right?

Repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act...
why? how would this prevent mentally unstable people from criminally misusing a product? Manufacturers aren't liable for that.

Look to other countries that have gun laws. They don't have the kinds of mass shootings we have.

why? how would this prevent mentally unstable people from criminally misusing a product? Manufacturers aren't liable for that.

If manufacturers faced liability for their weapons falling into the hands of the mentally unstable you can be sure their insurers would be very interested in what they are doing to prevent that from happening.

Yes, let's do absolutely nothing, that has been working so marvelously for us now.
No new law will prevent all shootings in the future, but if we can start reducing the number of them it would be. good thing.

Pretty sickening OP.

Back
Top Bottom