• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden administration endorses transgender youth sex-change operations, 'top surgery,' hormone therapy

I never said it was illegal did I? I said you are experimenting on children, and you are. It's not an approved medical procedure.
Because it's not approved doesn't mean that you are experimenting..
But if you want to go with that..then okay..
Dr's experiment on children all the time from lifesaving cancer treatment to HRT.

What's your problem?

Because it's not approved doesn't mean that you are experimenting..
Uh, yes it does. The proper research has not been done to prove the efficacy and safety of the treatment.

But if you want to go with that..then okay..
Dr's experiment on children all the time from lifesaving cancer treatment to HRT.

What's your problem?
My problem is you having the balls to compare a child with terminal cancer to a confused teen boy that thinks he's a girl. Not even on the same planet.

Uh, yes it does. The proper research has not been done to prove the efficacy and safety of the treatment.

My problem is you having the balls to compare a child with terminal cancer to a confused teen boy that thinks he's a girl. Not even on the same planet.
Actually there is a plethora of research on HRT showing the efficacy and safety of treatment. Remember that whole "experimenting thing.
LEts get this straight.. you don;t want children being experimented on.. but you don;t want treatment until there have been enough experimenting on children to prove its safe?

What balls? Its simply fact. Children get treated off label for all sorts of things from acne, to cancer. Most of the time with good research that backs up the use of the drug off label.. its simply not gone through FDA approval.

And as far as children with gender dysphoria... its not a "confused boy that things hes a girl". Its a real issue that leads to severe mental health problems and higher rates of suicide. There is nothing worse than hearing the fear of a parent to coming home to a child that has committed suicide. So don;t you have the balls to belittle the suffering of these children.
I treat teens with gender dysphoria, and if you could hear the relief in the their parents when the finally get treatment for their child;s dysphoria and the suicidal behavior and ideation ceases.. you would not be so frigging glib about a serious medical issue.

Waut..so you want government to make these medical decisions for people and deny them care?
Or you don't?

Which is it?
The good thing about living in TX is that I have more spendable income to buy supplemental insurance that puts me in charge of my medical decisions not the bureucrats

The good thing about living in TX is that I have more spendable income to buy supplemental insurance that puts me in charge of my medical decisions not the bureucrats
Wow.. that was an off the wall tangent.

Again conservative:

Wait..so you want government to make these medical decisions for people and deny them care?
Or you don't?

by the way.. your supplemental health insurance generally only pays only after Medicare approves it.

Actually there is a plethora of research on HRT showing the efficacy and safety of treatment. Remember that whole "experimenting thing.
LEts get this straight.. you don;t want children being experimented on.. but you don;t want treatment until there have been enough experimenting on children to prove its safe?
No. If you want to argue your own strawmen, I'll bow out.

What balls? Its simply fact. Children get treated off label for all sorts of things from acne, to cancer. Most of the time with good research that backs up the use of the drug off label.. its simply not gone through FDA approval.

And as far as children with gender dysphoria... its not a "confused boy that things hes a girl". Its a real issue that leads to severe mental health problems and higher rates of suicide. There is nothing worse than hearing the fear of a parent to coming home to a child that has committed suicide. So don;t you have the balls to belittle the suffering of these children.
I treat teens with gender dysphoria, and if you could hear the relief in the their parents when the finally get treatment for their child;s dysphoria and the suicidal behavior and ideation ceases.. you would not be so frigging glib about a serious medical issue.

And the suicide rate is higher among adults post transition. Now you want to experiment on children. Frankly it's sickening. And yes, I support the government stepping in prevent this experimentation with children's lives.

Wow.. that was an off the wall tangent.

Again conservative:

Wait..so you want government to make these medical decisions for people and deny them care?
Or you don't?

by the way.. your supplemental health insurance generally only pays only after Medicare approves it.
Learned a long time ago that it isn't the government's place to provide for my personal responsibility issues, sorry you missed that class with your parents

Learned a long time ago that it isn't the government's place to provide for my personal responsibility issues, sorry you missed that class with your parents
So.. you are saying then that Medicare should not pay for things like your broken hip or heart attack or stroke because those are your "personal responsibility issues"?

Please explain what Medicare SHOULD pay for then.. thats not a "personal responsibility issue"?

So.. you are saying then that Medicare should not pay for things like your broken hip or heart attack or stroke because those are your "personal responsibility issues"?
What I am saying is that Medicare wasn't available until I turned 65 but I contributed for 35 years, you figure how much you contribute over 35 years with no benefits and keep that money for a health insurance policy
Please explain what Medicare SHOULD pay for then.. thats not a "personal responsibility issue"?
It pays for basic healthcare for retirees putting gov't in charge of where you get services.

What I am saying is that Medicare wasn't available until I turned 65 but I contributed for 35 years, you figure how much you contribute over 35 years with no benefits and keep that money for a health insurance policy
Nice. So what? Why should the fact that you paid into it for 35 years mean that the government should decide your personal healthcare decisions?
It pays for basic healthcare for retirees putting gov't in charge of where you get services
Which means that it pays for your personal responsibility issues. If you have high blood pressure because you are overweight, smoked, or didn;t exercise etc.. it pays for your healthcare.
If you choose to try to go out and shovel snow and you fall and break a hip.. it pays for your personal responsibility issues.
If you played football as a teenager and have a bum knee that is now arthritic and needs replacement.. medicare then pays for your personal responsibility issues.

Nice. So what? Why should the fact that you paid into it for 35 years mean that the government should decide your personal healthcare decisions?
Isn't that what Medicare does? Do you know what a supplemental is?
Which means that it pays for your personal responsibility issues. If you have high blood pressure because you are overweight, smoked, or didn;t exercise etc.. it pays for your healthcare.
If you choose to try to go out and shovel snow and you fall and break a hip.. it pays for your personal responsibility issues.
If you played football as a teenager and have a bum knee that is now arthritic and needs replacement.. medicare then pays for your personal responsibility issues.
Sorry but it pays out of my contribution basic healthcare not supplemental which I am funding on top of Medicare. Do you understand what a supplemental is?

Isn't that what Medicare does? Do you know what a supplemental is?
Um no.. Medicare pays for things that your doctor and you determine are medically necessary. Your supplement simply follows along the same rules paying for the portion usually 20% that medicare doesn;t pay but is medically necessary.
Sorry but it pays out of my contribution basic healthcare not supplemental which I am funding on top of Medicare. Do you understand what a supplemental is?
Yes.. it pays for things like your total hip if you fall and break your hip.
It pays for cancer care if you smoked for years.
It pays for your total knee if you wore it out playing football as a teenager
It pays for your heart attack if you have atherosclerosis from a sedentary lifestyle and to many "martini lunches".

I most certainly understand what a supplemental is. You don;t seem to know what it is.

Again.. why as a conservative you should support the government being allowed to make your personal medical decisions?

Um no.. Medicare pays for things that your doctor and you determine are medically necessary. Your supplement simply follows along the same rules paying for the portion usually 20% that medicare doesn;t pay but is medically necessary.

It pays for your heart attack if you have atherosclerosis from a sedentary lifestyle and to many "martini lunches".

I most certainly understand what a supplemental is. You don;t seem to know what it is.

Again.. why as a conservative you should support the government being allowed to make your personal medical decisions?
What the hell are you talking about, stop diverting as for 35 years I contributed to Medicare and SS receiving no benefits. When I retired I collected some of those contributions but as I have told you many times Medicare puts gov't in charge of healthcare, the supplemental keeps me in charge. My private insurance took care of my basic healthcare where I had a choice for my 35 years of employment If I contract Cancer My supplemental will give me the choice of doctors with Medicare picking up some of that cost. You really don't have a clue do you?

Are you really this poorly educated? what if your doctor doesn't take Medicare? What if the hospital doesn't take Medicare? Now you get the idea of what supplemental insurance is, I get the treatment I want and need from the doctor of my choice. I have more spendable income living in TX because of the lower cost of living and no state income taxes

Are you really this poorly educated? what if your doctor doesn't take Medicare? What if the hospital doesn't take Medicare? Now you get the idea of what supplemental insurance is, I get the treatment I want and need from the doctor of my choice. I have more spendable income living in TX because of the lower cost of living and no state income taxes
Ummm.... irrelevant. Again.. why should the government be able to dictate your personal medical decisions. Medicare or not. ?

You seem to have real trouble following the conversation here.

Ummm.... irrelevant. Again.. why should the government be able to dictate your personal medical decisions. Medicare or not. ?

You seem to have real trouble following the conversation here.
Since you are a liberal you tell me as I never created Medicare, the left did, LBJ 1965

Since you are a liberal you tell me as I never created Medicare, the left did, LBJ 1965
WTF are you talking about?
Wow....

And in the real world.....l

WTF are you talking about?
Wow....

And in the real world.....l
You are making a big issue out of Medicare that most Americans are forced into after contributing or their entire working career and what does it provide for? Basic healthcare with doctors and hospitals that choose to participate. Mine didn't therefore I purchased a supplement. You apparently don't live in the real world but rather a fantasy world where you were once a conservative but have always been a liberal

You are making a big issue out of Medicare that most Americans are forced into after contributing or their entire working career and what does it provide for? Basic healthcare with doctors and hospitals that choose to participate. Mine didn't therefore I purchased a supplement. You apparently don't live in the real world but rather a fantasy world where you were once a conservative but have always been a liberal
No..the discussion is whether big government can dictate personal medical decisions. And you tried to intimate it should if it was a government insurance. I pointed out that YOU are on Medicare. So I asked why you think that big government can dictate your medical decisions...
And then you went off the wall on all sorts of irrelevant tangents from supplements (which you clearly don;t understand to the year medicare was enacted.).

At the end of the day.. you keep avoiding the question.

Why do you think big government should have the right to dictate your personal medical decisions. ? And why do you think thats a "conservative" position.?

Your post is fake news. It references a town hall meeting from 2020 and not the HHS document.

A valid counter argument does not require it be an HHS document.

Either he said it, or he didn't. AP says he didn't. I'll accept that because it's a news wire, now if you can counter that with something other than a vacuous denial, please provide something of substance.

Yes, the OP is false. The OP poster is a Fox devotee. Apparently, neither Fox nor the OP poster can find enough to criticize Biden, so they’re forced to make crap up.

Republicans and their news outlets know that Republicans have no policy agenda, so they need to wage culture wars to win elections.
I guess Paul was channeling my post.

No. If you want to argue your own strawmen, I'll bow out.

And the suicide rate is higher among adults post transition. Now you want to experiment on children. Frankly it's sickening. And yes, I support the government stepping in prevent this experimentation with children's lives.
You created your own strawman with the experimentation.

So..if you don;t want the government to allow experimentation on children.

How would we EVER know if a treatment is safe and effective for chidlren?

Please explain.

As far as suicide:

"The research, published Tuesday in the Journal of Adolescent Health, was based on a sample of more than 9,000 transgender and nonbinary youths from the ages of 13 to 24 who provided data on hormone therapy as part of an online survey conducted last year by The Trevor Project, an LGBTQ youth suicide prevention and crisis intervention group.

Young people receiving gender-affirming hormones reported a lower likelihood of experiencing recent depression and considering suicide compared to those who wanted but did not receive hormone therapy. For people under age 18, receiving hormones was associated with nearly 40 percent lower odds of recent depression and of a past-year suicide attempt."
https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out...uicide-risk-trans-youths-study-finds-rcna8617

A valid counter argument does not require it be an HHS document.

You took a 2020 comment from Joe Biden the candidate and offered it up as evidence that Joe Biden the president doesn’t support transitioning for children when it’s apparent that he does. You branded as “fake news” the Fox News report when you were the only one engaging in fakery by being disingenuous.

Back
Top Bottom