• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Best decade for music?

Best decade for music?

• Total voters
To be a bit obvious and pedantic, I just ask what makes a decade "the best" for music?

The 80s were godawful by damn near any standards, so by what criteria would we compare the 60s, 70s, 90s and 2000s?

I also think in terms of judging music decades, one should really seek to set aside his or her own nostalgia and assess the music for its actual qualities.

Totally agreed. A lot of really bad "experimental" stuff came out in the 80s. Lots of "keyboard" type of music too. I think a good portion of the music that came out in that decade was just awful, not to mention the hair and clothing styles. :lol: Some of it could rival some of the 70s fashions.

Since you don't specify what kind of music, I had to answer "other".

Since you don't specify what kind of music, I had to answer "other".

Good point. It's kind of hard to make such a determination without a given genre. For rock and roll though, I would still go with the mid to late 60's to mid to late 70's IMO.

The way they break decades up for music just doesn't work. You have to merge them a bit to get an honest picture and I would say late 60s through very early 70s.

I agree. I think from 1966 through 1976

of course 60s

and 70s

who can ignore teh real music

Back
Top Bottom