• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Benghazi Nonsense Shown to be a Political Stunt

The MSM only reacts like that when a Republican is involved. People have died because of incompetence and lack of clarity exhibited by this administration. Sweeping their mistakes like Fast & Furious, Benghazi, IRS and now the NSA scandal will only increase under Obama's leadership.

Six discredited talking points in one paragraph. You should be Issa's speech writer.

What would Bush have done? Invade Libya? No, he'd do absolutely nothing. Do you remember any of these attacks on US consulates when Bush was president? I guess they're no big deal because conservatives haven't made a peep about them.

January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al Qaeda attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.

October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia. U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of "Bali Bombings." No fatalities.

February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan. Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.

May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al Qaeda terrorists storm the diplomatic compound, killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.

July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.

December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al Qaeda terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.

March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers. (I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name "David Foy." This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what's considered American soil.)

September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria. Four armed gunmen shouting "Allahu akbar" storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.

January 12, 2007. Athens, Greece. Members of a Greek terrorist group called the Revolutionary Struggle fire a rocket-propelled grenade at the U.S. Embassy. No fatalities.

March 18, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Members of the al-Qaeda-linked Islamic Jihad of Yemen fire a mortar at the U.S. Embassy. The shot misses the embassy, but hits nearby school killing two.

July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.

September 17, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.

Note: the list doesn't include all the attacks on the US consolate in Bagdad. All those poor people killed because Bush did absolutely nothing to stop the attacks. But what do you care? I don't see you demanding that Bush be held accountable.

So your answer is that Bush did it, now can't Obama do it too. Bad attitude, especially since Obama was supposedly opposed to whatever Bush had done. Shouldn't we expect more from him rather than the same?

Actually I dont think it is justification, it is more pointing out RW hypocrisy.
So your answer is that Bush did it, now can't Obama do it too. Bad attitude, especially since Obama was supposedly opposed to whatever Bush had done. Shouldn't we expect more from him rather than the same?

No, the answer is embassies get attacked. It's a fact of life for a superpower. For Issa and the GOP to pretend Benghazi was some sort of vast failure as a result of neglect by Obama is completely dishonest, as the Bush record shows. And I think even you know it, which makes your posts on this even more odious.

What would Bush have done? Invade Libya? No, he'd do absolutely nothing. Do you remember any of these attacks on US consulates when Bush was president? I guess they're no big deal because conservatives haven't made a peep about them.

January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al Qaeda attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.

October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia. U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of "Bali Bombings." No fatalities.

February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan. Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.

May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al Qaeda terrorists storm the diplomatic compound, killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.

July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.

December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al Qaeda terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.

March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers. (I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name "David Foy." This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what's considered American soil.)

September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria. Four armed gunmen shouting "Allahu akbar" storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.

January 12, 2007. Athens, Greece. Members of a Greek terrorist group called the Revolutionary Struggle fire a rocket-propelled grenade at the U.S. Embassy. No fatalities.

March 18, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Members of the al-Qaeda-linked Islamic Jihad of Yemen fire a mortar at the U.S. Embassy. The shot misses the embassy, but hits nearby school killing two.

July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.

September 17, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.

Note: the list doesn't include all the attacks on the US consolate in Bagdad. All those poor people killed because Bush did absolutely nothing to stop the attacks. But what do you care? I don't see you demanding that Bush be held accountable.

What Youtube videos were they blamed on?

Actually I dont think it is justification, it is more pointing out RW hypocrisy.

So you prefer to continue the cycle? I always thought that smart people know when to stop digging the hole their in, especially when the ladder is too short to climb out.

To this day there is no evidence there was any wrong doing in Benghazi. It aint my hole that is getting dug.
So you prefer to continue the cycle. I always thought that smart people know when to stop digging the hole their in, especially when the ladder is too short to climb out.

To this day there is no evidence there was any wrong doing in Benghazi.

Except the four dead Americans.

Who ordered our Ambassador to Benghazi in the first place?

What evidence is there of wrongdoing? Werent ambassadors allowed in Benghazi? I had not heard that. You think maybe Obama did it to get rid of him?

Do you hold democrats to a higher standard than you do for those you vote for?

What evidence is there of wrongdoing? Werent ambassadors allowed in Benghazi? I had not heard that. You think maybe Obama did it to get rid of him?

Benghazi was a hotbed of terrorist activity. There were so many of them going in and out of that town they they got together and had a convention.
What was the purpose of our Ambassador going there?

He volunteered. Stevens went to Benghazi to provide "diplomatic cover" for the CIA.

I really dont know. Are ambassadors not suppose to go where there is political unrest? Kinda sounds like not letting doctors go where there is sick people, but again, I really dont know, Show me some evidnece of wrong doing by the administration or at least come up with a plausible explanation how it could be wrongdoing. This saying 4 dead and wow sent who where really isnt facts or evidence.
Benghazi was a hotbed of terrorist activity. There were so many of them going in and out of that town they they got together and had a convention.
What was the purpose of our Ambassador going there?

I really dont know.

Then you should stop there.
The fact that there are question as to who and why are all the evidence any intelligent person needs to know that what happened there wasn't Kosher.

So do you know all about diplomatic job descriptions? If I have to stop everytime I dont now something how will I find out?
Then you should stop there.
The fact that there are question as to who and why are all the evidence any intelligent person needs to know that what happened there wasn't Kosher.

So do you know all about diplomatic job descriptions? If I have to stop everytime I dont now something how will I find out?

You don't even know the correct questions to ask.
So, you shouldn't be commenting when they are asked.

Why are you even here?

You do? So educate me. I am here to learn from you, oh great one. Please explain to me about the Ambassadors job description.
You don't even know the correct questions to ask.
So, you shouldn't be commenting when they are asked.

Why are you even here?

You do? So educate me. I am here to learn from you, oh great one. Please explain to me about the Ambassadors job description.

Tell you what. You go ahead and look it up. And, when you get to the part where it says that they have to go into a known hostile location, one where another country's Ambassador was almost assassinated, and an international aid organization(Red Cross) had their building bombed, to broker an arms deal with an known enemy of our country, go ahead and post it right here.

Until then, stop asking stupid questions.

No surprise here. Groundswell stoked the flames of the non-scandal and their puppets jumped.

Which, of course, it was. Boehner is no dummy. The rest of that bunch? Not so much.

Well,if Mother Jones says so.
Kind of like you calling yourself a "centrist".

Back
Top Bottom