• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Benazir Bhutto is dead

Re: Benazir Buttho is dead

You sound like V from V for Vendetta. That you can kill a person but not an idea..
That's true, but I hope Pakistan and the world recognizes what a loss this is.

It is a great loss.

Yes, it is very sad indeed. They can't kill her ideas and hopes though.
Most of the time you basically can. When they killed Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy for example, they very effectively stopped their work and prevented the realization of their optimistic visions. I hate to admit it, but ****, they won.

AQ is an evil islamist terrorist organization, but one thing I can say for them is if they claim responsibility for something its because they were responsible. And besides this is a tragedy for Pakistan and for Democracy in the middle east regardless of who assasinated her.

I agree, but I believe there is another reason AQ claims responsibility for when the commit acts like this: they are proud of the violence and horrors they commit.

You know what the difference is between you and me? I read a lot of different opinions and then reach my own conclusions and express them IN MY OWN WORDS while you read pieces that only incorporate YOUR opinion and then you cut and paste those words and you never bother to write YOUR opinion.

Where I grew up what you do is known as plagiarism though you've refined it to include the source so it is a hybrid version. In other words you seem incapable of writing and expressing your own conclusions so you regularly and constantly bore everyone here with your cut and paste jobs and then you have the balls to make it seem like other people's words are your own...hence my allusion to plagiarism.

It would be so refreshing if you took a month off from cutting and pasting other poeple's opinions and simply debated by writing your own thoughts....

This was meant for you but things got screwy here when I was trying to post it normally. So instead I did a QuickReply but it must have gotten hung up and I bailed rather than trying to wait and wait. And now I'm surprised that it was posted at all.

It wasn't meant for mixedmedia. It was a reply to your post above.

Here.

It would be MORE refreshing if you stopped deceiving the readership by slipping little innaccuracies and lies past them. It's crafty but not accurate nor does it serve the interests of those who value truth and precision.

I found a site that said the following but since you asked for it, here goes...

"you are silly..."

There. I said it in my words.

How you like that?

It would be MORE refreshing if you stopped deceiving the readership by slipping little innaccuracies and lies past them. It's crafty but not accurate nor does it serve the interests of those who value truth and precision.

I found a site that said the following but since you asked for it, here goes...

"you are silly..."

There. I said it in my words.

How you like that?

I retract this statement then. I thought this was a bizarre accusation.

No, he is making a fairly accurate observation about some of the people that post here.

If you can win the enemy to your cause, even though he might have been a rapist, at least you won't have to kill him or worse...waterboard him...or even the MOST horrible torture of all...sending him to a private suite at Gitmo.

The point is that there are some bad guys who some folks here want us to walk away from to allow them to do whatever they want.

We are channeling the efforts of these guys to help their fellow Iraqis.

If you can win the enemy to your cause, even though he might have been a rapist, at least you won't have to kill him or worse...waterboard him...or even the MOST horrible torture of all...sending him to a private suite at Gitmo.

The point is that there are some bad guys who some folks here want us to walk away from to allow them to do whatever they want.

Granted, but this is not the phenomena he was commenting on...in my interpretation. To quote the venerable Simon Moon, YMMV.

Granted, but this is not the phenomena he was commenting on...in my interpretation. To quote the venerable Simon Moon, YMMV.

Thanks for watching my 6 o'clock. I will re-read the thread from that point. ;)

Don't let people use words like Taliban or terrorist to throw you around...

US Backs Afghan Reconciliation Talks | DailyComet.com | Daily Comet | Thibodaux, LA

"KABUL, Afghanistan The United States supports reconciliation talks with Taliban fighters who have no ties to al-Qaida and accept Afghanistan's constitution, the U.S. ambassador said Thursday.

William Wood said the U.S. is in favor of a "serious reconciliation program with those elements of the Taliban who are prepared to accept the constitution and the authority of the elected government" of President Hamid Karzai."

al-Qaida or not these guys could have killed a few U.S. troops and raped their share of women anyway. As soon as these talks happen some of the dip****'s around here are gonna forget about all that and make it seem like the Taliban weren't so bad after all...

He is surely exaggerating and trying to be funny. I guess, huh?

It is inconsequential except that you agreed with it and I'm still trying to figure you out.

He is surely exaggerating and trying to be funny. I guess, huh?

It is inconsequential except that you agreed with it and I'm still trying to figure you out.

Sorry if you don't see it this way, I suppose it is a matter of perception according to one's own views, but I find several of the 'characters' on this site to be extremely exaggerated in their manner and in their ideas. So, no, I don't think it is that much of an exaggeration.

Are you implying that she deserved to die?

In that political climate for anyone running for political office much less the presidency, exposing yourself to the open is flat out stupid. "Know your surroundings". She was a two faced lying rich bitch anyway. No loss.

Sorry if you don't see it this way, I suppose it is a matter of perception according to one's own views, but I find several of the 'characters' on this site to be extremely exaggerated in their manner and in their ideas. So, no, I don't think it is that much of an exaggeration.

OK. And I apologize to you and everyone else for derailing this "Thread of Death."

Back to Bhutto.

It really bothers me that she has gained in death what she would not have been guaranteed in life, honor beyond her due.

I never begrudge anyone their due recognition for bona fide accomplishments. And so, for whatever good she achieved, I say let those things be recognized. But she was was SO much more (or should I say, so much LESS!) than a heroine.

And if she had lived maybe we would have been able to have the OTHER side of her well crafted and honed for America's tastes, public image. But now that she is dead there are many who just assume the position of allowing her to be praised beyond what she deserved. They are white washing her memory for no good purpose except to be able to praise a woman leader. A Muslim female. A Muslim female in a dangerous (obviously) part of the world. A shrewdly manipulative, calculatingly charming and stone cold hearted authoritarian thief and probably the killer of her own brother.

She said she was for Democracy and we believed it.

They say you shouldn't say nothin' about the dead unless it's good. He's dead. Good!

-- Jackie "Moms" Mabley

And we are laying her to rest with this false send off thinking that it can't hurt anything for the media to praise her just the same way mourners at the funeral of a creepy co-worker would find SOMETHING nice to say about him.

Well, what do you want to bet that in less than 5 years we will wish the truth was being unfolded now rather than the laying on of these seemingly harmless laurels.

We have all seen how hard the truth is to divine after a few years by trying to use Google.

:rantoff:

I cant help but feel like the media is faking concern over her death. Yes i understand what she represents quite fully, but I don't think the media really cares. This story will vanish soon. If she wasn't such a pretty face I doubt they'd even cover her, lol. She was kinda hot dont you think (heh, too soon?)

OK. And I apologize to you and everyone else for derailing this "Thread of Death."

Back to Bhutto.

It really bothers me that she has gained in death what she would not have been guaranteed in life, honor beyond her due.

I never begrudge anyone their due recognition for bona fide accomplishments. And so, for whatever good she achieved, I say let those things be recognized. But she was was SO much more (or should I say, so much LESS!) than a heroine.

And if she had lived maybe we would have been able to have the OTHER side of her well crafted and honed for America's tastes, public image. But now that she is dead there are many who just assume the position of allowing her to be praised beyond what she deserved. They are white washing her memory for no good purpose except to be able to praise a woman leader. A Muslim female. A Muslim female in a dangerous (obviously) part of the world. A shrewdly manipulative, calculatingly charming and stone cold hearted authoritarian thief and probably the killer of her own brother.

She said she was for Democracy and we believed it.

And we are laying her to rest with this false send off thinking that it can't hurt anything for the media to praise her just the same way mourners at the funeral of a creepy co-worker would find SOMETHING nice to say about him.

Well, what do you want to bet that in less than 5 years we will wish the truth was being unfolded now rather than the laying on of these seemingly harmless laurels.

We have all seen how hard the truth is to divine after a few years by trying to use Google.

:rantoff:

1. I mourn for what she represented to her followers in Pakistan.

2. I have yet to hear of a leader who was uncorruptible. And people exploit or play down these corruptions at will to support their own 'worldviews,' regardless of any real or imagined connection to the truth. Like the murder of Bhutto's brother, for example. You haven't any idea whether she had a hand in that or not. But you use an editorial written by the man's daughter to virtually claim it as the truth. Case closed. You talk about lies and deceptions here, but the truth is, the world is full of them. Knowledge is fully malleable to mind of the receiver. Knowledge is interpretation.

3. *edit* This is why I do not put my faith in weak and vulnerable human beings even if the strength and purity of their ideas are sound. What is more importantly is how they motivate and give hope to people. I find it very easy to separate the two.

Some of the Bush Administration apologists are almost jumping up and down with glee now that Benazir Bhutto has been assonated. According to this article a telephone call from Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice a week before she landed in Pakistan was what sealed the deal for her return.

Ask yourself why would the Bush Administration want her to return if they weren’t backing her? Any thoughts on this perplexing dilemma? To me it’s starting to look like yet another, of the long list of foreign policy blunders, that have been spawned by this ship of fools.

< U.S. Brokered Bhutto's Return to Pakistan
White House Would Back Her as Prime Minister While Musharraf Held Presidency

By Robin Wright and Glenn Kessler
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, December 28, 2007; A01

For Benazir Bhutto, the decision to return to Pakistan was sealed during a telephone call from Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice just a week before Bhutto flew home in October. The call culminated more than a year of secret diplomacy -- and came only when it became clear that the heir to Pakistan's most powerful political dynasty was the only one who could bail out Washington's key ally in the battle against terrorism.

It was a stunning turnaround for Bhutto, a former prime minister who was forced from power in 1996 amid corruption charges. She was suddenly visiting with top State Department officials, dining with U.N. Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad and conferring with members of the National Security Council. As President Pervez Musharraf's political future began to unravel this year, Bhutto became the only politician who might help keep him in power. >

< Bhutto's assassination leaves Pakistan's future -- and Musharraf's -- in doubt, some experts said. "U.S. policy is in tatters. The administration was relying on Benazir Bhutto's participation in elections to legitimate Musharraf's continued power as president," said Barnett R. Rubin of New York University. "Now Musharraf is finished.">

U.S. Brokered Bhutto's Return to Pakistan

You didnt comprehend the article. The Bush administration WAS backing her.

Bingo
, so maybe you can explain why this is going on? (Some of the Bush Administration apologists are almost jumping up and down with glee now that Benazir Bhutto has been assonated.):confused:

Ask yourself why would the Bush Administration want her to return if they weren’t backing her?

You didnt comprehend the article. The Bush administration WAS backing her.

Bingo
, so maybe you can explain why this is going on? (Some of the Bush Administration apologists are almost jumping up and down with glee now that Benazir Bhutto has been assonated.):confused:

LOLOLOL!!!! Because the Bush administration doesnt check with Debate Politics posters before implementing foreign policy.

Anybody care to explain my post to Dixon? Particular the part about the “apologists” (perplexing dilemma).

I'm not going to discount the evil of rapists and raping.

Yes you will.

But we aren't spending billions for a war on rapists.

We most certainly are;

Iraqi Women Under Saddam's Regime: A Population Silenced

"Rape. The Iraqi Government uses rape and sexual assault of women to achieve the following goals: to extract information and forced confessions from detained family members; to intimidate Iraqi oppositionists by sending videotapes showing the rape of female family members; and to blackmail Iraqi men into future cooperation with the regime. Some Iraqi authorities even carry personnel cards identifying their official "activity" as the "violation of women's honor." (U.S. Department of State, Country Reports on Human Rights Practices-2001, March 2002; Iraq Research and Documentation Project, Harvard University"

Since there are no WMD's in Iraq, this is the only rationale left for ending Saddam's regime.

mixedmedia, be aware that he just attempted to manipulate you based on your emotions.

Nah, just making an observation.

Anybody care to explain my post to Dixon? Particular the part about the “apologists” (perplexing dilemma).

Maybe you can explain it...

also explain what assonated is

Congratulations.

Well now that Bhutto is dead our $10 billion going to good use and chances of finding Osama Bin Laden have just gone down the drain.

Don't you mean Afghanis? But anyway what happened to no negotiating with terrorists? Just because some Taliban fighters may not have connections to al-Qaida doesn't mean they don't have connections to other terrorist organizations that do.

Yes yes it's all just bigotry against brown people. :roll: I mean the fact that she was using the Pakistani public treasury like her own personal piggy bank and the fact that she was using her position as PM for personal financial gain had nothing to do with the accusations that she was corrupt, I mean the accusations against her from Poland, France, Switzerland and western Asia were all just because they were racists. :doh

What about this separates her from so many others? Why is it no biggie that she is murdered? Her contributions could have been very good for this nation and others, even if she had some financial issues. Hell how many haven't. Isn't the former PM of Israel under the same spotlight right now? Or was?

LOLOLOL!!!! Because the Bush administration doesnt check with “apologists”, Debate Politics posters before implementing foreign policy.

Back
Top Bottom