• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck Mocks a Plea for Civility

What about rightwing morons who advocate taking it to the streets. Do they get a pass?

Piven's doesn't get a pass because she is advocating action that will lead to violence and for what reason? Just like that Ward Churcill's Little Eichmann comment. These leftist pukes that have an influence at our universities need to be called out. And no, right wing morons don't get a pass, but you don't even need to be a rightwing moron to be treated harsh by the left. The minute man project couldn't even exercise free speech at Columbia. All leftist morons especially distinguished pant****ting idealists that are teaching at our universities need to be called out and I think Glenn for doing that. And Obama doesn't get a pass either by saying our police acted stupidly. Imagine if Bush had said that.

Because you have people on the right that are missing a couple of screws, and they think it is a mandate from God to go and kill Liberals.

You don't see that happening on the left - why Beck and other idiots who spew nothing but lies and incite violence don't have to worry about someone on the left taking them out - we have better sense!

I don't agree with that. Leftists kill more liberals with entitlements than crazy righties receiving mandates from God. Our housing projects are killing fields for cryin' out loud. Once we reduce the size of the federal government, lefties will go away hopefully.

I don't agree with that. Leftists kill more liberals with entitlements than crazy righties receiving mandates from God. Our housing projects are killing fields for cryin' out loud. Once we reduce the size of the federal government, lefties will go away hopefully.

Oh sure, now that is a stretch - killing liberals with entitlements. The only ones that we are killing with entitlements to the poor are the stingy right-wing Republicans, who can't stand one penny added to their taxes, unless it is mandated by a Republican president, to help pay to give democracy to Iraq.

And, the only reduction that your party is in favor of is, cutting all aid to the poor, and all programs that help middle-class Americans, but they will replace that with more money going to "Corporate Welfare" and tax cuts for the rich, and the dumb happy Republicans are okay with that.

Oh sure, now that is a stretch - killing liberals with entitlements. The only ones that we are killing with entitlements to the poor are the stingy right-wing Republicans, who can't stand one penny added to their taxes, unless it is mandated by a Republican president, to help pay to give democracy to Iraq.

And, the only reduction that your party is in favor of is, cutting all aid to the poor, and all programs that help middle-class Americans, but they will replace that with more money going to "Corporate Welfare" and tax cuts for the rich, and the dumb happy Republicans are okay with that.

I would rather help out a country anyday to have democracy versus enslaving the poor with the notion that the federal government will solve all their problems. It's working wonders in our ghetto's right. Let's just throw more money at it. That's the ticket!

Middle class Americans will be helped once we reduce the tax burden by cutting entitlements that don't do any good.

Michael Moore established the precedent for civility in American political discourse. Those who seek civility now did not show civility before. He who asks for mercy can only obtain it by previously giving mercy. What goes around comes around. Let free speech prevail without restraint.

I would rather help out a country anyday to have democracy versus enslaving the poor with the notion that the federal government will solve all their problems. It's working wonders in our ghetto's right. Let's just throw more money at it. That's the ticket!

What you would rather do is completely ignore the poor and keep all your money to yourself. The government doesn't give the poor any notion that they are going to solve all their problems, that is just tired old Republican rhetoric.

The welfare system was reformed under Clinton and if you think that people are getting rich off welfare, well, that is just another of the Republican's lies. Seems like every Republican has seen some poor person driving a Cadillac and buying beer with their food stamps. If I had a nickel for each time I've heard that BS story I would be a millionaire.

Middle class Americans will be helped once we reduce the tax burden by cutting entitlements that don't do any good.

Yeah, like Tax cuts for the wealthy? Not on a Republican's life will they let those be cut.

What you would rather do is completely ignore the poor and keep all your money to yourself. The government doesn't give the poor any notion that they are going to solve all their problems, that is just tired old Republican rhetoric.

The welfare system was reformed under Clinton and if you think that people are getting rich off welfare, well, that is just another of the Republican's lies. Seems like every Republican has seen some poor person driving a Cadillac and buying beer with their food stamps. If I had a nickel for each time I've heard that BS story I would be a millionaire.

Yeah, like Tax cuts for the wealthy? Not on a Republican's life will they let those be cut.

There you go...throw more money at the problem. Its been working wonders in our cities.

Please post-quote where I said that.

You implied it... You stated all I needed to say was that there were right wing morons as well, because I think you wanted to show that it's not all one-sided. Fine, but my posts were pointed at Pivens which you didn't take issue with???

I actually heard a conservative on NPR the other day say that he still believed in trickle-down economics. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised about that, but it just seems rather ignorant and we have clearly seen the rich continue to get richer since taxes have been lowered.

And when are we going to regulate Wall Street? Does anyone realize that they are still trading derivatives the same way they were before the crash?

Does anyone realize that they are still trading derivatives the same way they were before the crash?

No, they are not.

Also, you don't need to be on Wall St. to trade derivatives you know. You can do it from your house.

Last edited:
What you would rather do is completely ignore the poor and keep all your money to yourself.
What's wrong with keeping your money to yourself?
I give as much of my money away to nonprofits as I can to avoid paying it to the government.
I'm going to continue to do so until I see our military scaled down to the level of the next biggest military in the world and not bigger than the next 20 countries put together. :shrug:

There you go...throw more money at the problem. Its been working wonders in our cities.

It has kept some from starving, but I guess that isn't your concern.

I actually heard a conservative on NPR the other day say that he still believed in trickle-down economics. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised about that, but it just seems rather ignorant and we have clearly seen the rich continue to get richer since taxes have been lowered.
They live under the assumption that someday they too will be rich, ergo, they want to make sure that the tax rate for the rich is not too high, in anticipation of that day. In the mean time, they don't mind skimping while the rich get richer.

And when are we going to regulate Wall Street? Does anyone realize that they are still trading derivatives the same way they were before the crash?
Are you serious - Wall Street has the Reps in their pocket, there is no way the Reps are ever going to regulate Wall Street. Unless we make their numbers less, it is just going to get worse.

What's wrong with keeping your money to yourself?
I give as much of my money away to nonprofits as I can to avoid paying it to the government.
I'm going to continue to do so until I see our military scaled down to the level of the next biggest military in the world and not bigger than the next 20 countries put together. :shrug:

There is nothing wrong with keeping your money to yourself, but why should the rich be allowed to keep more?

I agree that our military needs to be scaled down, but that is another sore spot with Reps.

There is nothing wrong with keeping your money to yourself, but why should the rich be allowed to keep more?

I agree that our military needs to be scaled down, but that is another sore spot with Reps.

Why should they be allowed to keep more? More than who? If they earned the money, they deserve to keep it. The ball can swing the other way - why are the poor entitled to the money of the rich?

Why should they be allowed to keep more? More than who?
More than the middle-class and below.

If they earned the money, they deserve to keep it.
Are you saying the middle class and below do not earn their money.

The ball can swing the other way - why are the poor entitled to the money of the rich?

Are you serious?
It's not like they are giving all their money to the poor.

The rich have all kinds of loopholes to keep more of their money, the Bush Tax Cuts just allows them to keep even more.

The top 1% who average $1M a year actually pay a smaller percent of their income to taxes than the 9% just below them. Why is this fair to you?

The idea of being entitled to what you earned vs. social responsibility is an idea that has been sold our society that if you work hard you can achieve and increase your status in the economic and social echelons of society. But that doesn't eliminate social responsibility. Historically, the wealthy had some sense of social responsibility and provided support to many institutions and organizations to help the working class.

The concept of the "intelligent hard worker" not deserving to have to pay for the "stupid lazy" person fails because it is not possible for every smart hardworking person in the US to achieve a certain status of wealth that allows for security in old age or medical hardship. The means that allow for the accumulation of wealth in this country is based on a working class society, without them there would be no wealth to speak of. Assuming that if you are not rich it is your own fault is just an easy way to duck social responsibility.

When we become a society that does not take care of those that do not have the same mental or physical capacity to achieve the same success as everyone else we are putting ourselves in the same category of countries that regulate their society with the Cass system.

Here is a good read about how our country is building an Aristocracy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/12/opinion/12madoff.html?_r=1

There can be no peace until the rich pay their fair share. How can we function as a just and moral society until more handouts are given by the rich?

You implied it... You stated all I needed to say was that there were right wing morons as well, because I think you wanted to show that it's not all one-sided. Fine, but my posts were pointed at Pivens which you didn't take issue with???

I implied nothing. My issue was completely with indicating that there were right wing morons as well. Nothing else.

There can be no peace until the rich pay their fair share. How can we function as a just and moral society until more handouts are given by the rich?

Beats giving handouts to the rich.

Beats giving handouts to the rich.

I know, those fat cats know how to beat the system hiding behind their legal firms and layers of cushions in their organizations. The good honest people don't stand a chance anymore. The odds are stacked against us, its all hopeless especially in america. Its always been this way with the poor getting poorer because of the exploiting upper classes. Hell, even with all the entitlements, its just still a losing propositon. Its all a wash, it can never get better until we throw more money at the problem. Nevermind all the rags to riches stories, those outlying people that are successful in this unfair country. There is nothing we can learn from them...all we are left with as a result is to ask our government to give us more. We just can't do anything, its absolutely impossible, we are powerless even before we are born unless were a hilton or vanderbilt for cryin out loud. Its all a sham, a zionist side show pulling the strings. We just can't do anything???

People don't get rich off welfare. They do get enough that it makes it difficult to give up. They are sometimes much better off than the working poor because of the free healthcare, foodstamps etc. We need a total overhaul in our welfare system where people are rewarded for working and trying to better themselves so they can eventually get off all government subsidies.
Liberals think they are being compassionate by just giving the poor money. All that does is keep them down and lead them to believe they are entitled to other people's money. They need a hand up, not a hand out.
Conservatives are not greedy people. They just prefer to give to those they choose. They don't like having their money taken from them to be spent in a way that only hurts people in the long run.

It has kept some from starving, but I guess that isn't your concern.

There's no need for anyone to starve in this country.
However, there is no reason that able bodied people should receive government checks that cover all their needs. They should at least have to work for it.

Back
Top Bottom