• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BBQ Restaurant Called Rubbin' Buttz To Hold 'White Appreciation Day'

Who could imagine that a business owner sophisticated enough to name his enterprise "Rubbin' Buttz" would make such a lowbrow promotion?

I'm thoroughly shocked.

I'm thoroughly shocked you don't understand that making punny restaurant names, especially low brow humor ones, isn't exactly a horrid idea. It sells.

Re: Restaurant Plans "White Appreciation" Day

Yay for a lighter skin pigment and good credit I guess?

:shrug:

He's just trying to dust up a little controversy to bring in more customers. He'd have been better off to declare a Customer Appreciation Day and offer everyone a 10% discount. I think it's ill conceived and silly.

I understand the sentiment, but I think it won't go over well... To my knowledge idk of any business that has "appreciation days" based on ethnicity. Some may have sales for Black History month and such but they aren't usually limited to African-Americans and are offered to everyone.

I don't think any business or store should ever give a discount to anyone based on their race/ethnicity/sexuality etc.

Moderator's Warning:
Also, merging the threads.

Last edited:

Stupid.

I understand the sentiment, but I think it won't go over well... To my knowledge idk of any business that has "appreciation days" based on ethnicity. Some may have sales for Black History month and such but they aren't usually limited to African-Americans and are offered to everyone.

I don't think any business or store should ever give a discount to anyone based on their race/ethnicity/sexuality etc.

Moderator's Warning:
Also, merging the threads.

I agree with this. Just celebrate and appreciate all races and all peoples everyday. I've always been annoyed with Black History Month as if I should only teach my kids about inspiring historical African Americans in February instead of celebrating them the entire year throughout the lessons. It's divisive to me.

I'm thoroughly shocked you don't understand that making punny restaurant names, especially low brow humor ones, isn't exactly a horrid idea. It sells.
Apparently having a "white appreciation day" sells too. It's getting quite a bit of publicity.
So you are a snob? Good for you.
You don't have to be a snob to recognize lowbrow.

Apparently having a "white appreciation day" sells too. It's getting quite a bit of publicity.

You don't have to be a snob to recognize lowbrow.

What makes it "lowbrow"?

I agree with this. Just celebrate and appreciate all races and all peoples everyday. I've always been annoyed with Black History Month as if I should only teach my kids about inspiring historical African Americans in February instead of celebrating them the entire year throughout the lessons. It's divisive to me.

And that would be great but people insist on celebrating every ethnic/gender/orientation out there except white straight men and the second anyone even suggests equality for all, these minority-boosters have a s**t and scream discrimination, whereas they've been discriminating all along. It is divisive, but that divisiveness comes from the anti-white brigade, not the other way around.

And that would be great but people insist on celebrating every ethnic/gender/orientation out there except white straight men and the second anyone even suggests equality for all, these minority-boosters have a s**t and scream discrimination, whereas they've been discriminating all along. It is divisive, but that divisiveness comes from the anti-white brigade, not the other way around.

Thank you! If Whites can not celebrate our race and what we have so very clearly given the world then the very idea of racial pride is racist if one great can not express it.

Thank you! If Whites can not celebrate our race and what we have so very clearly given the world then the very idea of racial pride is racist if one great can not express it.

I don't think anyone should be celebrating race at all, but if one can do it, all ought to be able to do it. To do otherwise is the very definition of racism. I think it's utterly idiotic to be proud of anything that you have no control over in the first place. What's next, having blue-eye pride parades? :roll:

No, they own none of it. Blacks however own all of February and Hispanics own September 15 to October 15.

White Appreciation Day is 365 days a year, except in leap years.

I understand the need for White Appreciation Day. Maybe someday, they'll elect one of us President!

I don't think anyone should be celebrating race at all, but if one can do it, all ought to be able to do it. To do otherwise is the very definition of racism. I think it's utterly idiotic to be proud of anything that you have no control over in the first place. What's next, having blue-eye pride parades? :roll:

As a blue eyed person I support that!

Back
Top Bottom