• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Baby trans fashion advice

Nomad4Ever

Dark Brandon Acolyte
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
So, as many of you probably already know, I recently realized I’m likely trans fem. Believe it or not it is nearly impossible to even get hormones as an adult in Florida right now, so for the next few months as least biologically I’m functioningly a cis guy.

A lot of trans people, understandably, early in their transition wear really exaggeratedly feminine clothes and makeup. I’m trying to avoid that. I’m going for more gender non-conforming than trying to necessarily “pass” at this point.

IMG_4974.jpeg
IMG_4991.jpeg
IMG_5002.jpeg

Thoughts? I dont know how I’m doing.

You have nice legs, but I'd wear socks if I were you ...

My advice is to be a man.

The first outfit has a very goth feel to it. That definitely hits the “non-conforming” checkbox. And works!

I’m not a fan of the 2nd outfit - that shirt/skirt combo is hitting in the wrong places and isn’t flattering.

Third outfit looks casual and works.

I have sandals similar to those…they’re very comfy! Good choice!

Get yourself a linen shirt with a feminine cut. Something like attached would go very well with any of those bottoms -

Attachments

• IMG_8524.jpeg
    IMG_8524.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 1
The first outfit is nice. The others scream trailer park trash. Pick up some magazines or do a google image search for inspiration. But whatever you’re looking at ask yourself why you think it’s feminine. Don’t fall down a gender roles rabbit hole. Women wear jeans too. 😉 Maybe start simply by feminizing what you have with accessories.

The black shirt is bugging me. The butterfly, etc seems very “young”…that might be why?

So, I went and did a google search for you.

These are from Kohls and might have a more feminine vibe….but still a more neutral aesthetic.

You are relatively thin, so junior cut will likely fit you. And women and junior cut t-shirts will hang differently than unisex t-shirts.

Attachments

• IMG_8525.jpeg
    IMG_8525.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8526.jpeg
    IMG_8526.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1
Also…this look is incredibly popular currently.

Jumpsuit with sandals/sneakers/chucks…and a tank or slim cut t-shirt underneath.

Nothing about it is “flattering”…but I promise you, it is one of the most comfortable “feminine” outfits you’ll ever wear

Attachments

• IMG_8529.jpeg
    IMG_8529.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 2
I like the denim skirt but with a different top. Some different sandals or taller boots will look good on you.

Embrace the super fem and then you will just grow out of it. Its easier to do that then try to deny it.

Many stores will help you with a makeover, including hair. You do look great once you start HRT.

I like the denim skirt but with a different top. Some different sandals or taller boots will look good on you.

Embrace the super fem and then you will just grow out of it. Its easier to do that then try to deny it.

Many stores will help you with a makeover, including hair. You do look great once you start HRT.

Yeah everything after the first outfit I was just like 🫠

I like the skirt and I like the pink hoodie but I dont know what to pair them with. I did buy a different black top for the denim skirt or the leather skirt.

The black shirt is bugging me. The butterfly, etc seems very “young”…that might be why?
I did recently buy a new black t shirt to go with the skirt so I’ll see how that looks.

Yeah everything after the first outfit I was just like 🫠

I like the skirt and I like the pink hoodie but I dont know what to pair them with. I did buy a different black top for the denim skirt or the leather skirt.
Don't be afraid to experiment. I had a shorter denim skirt that I lived in. I had a faux leather knee length skirt but I didn't like it as much. Do you have any cis girlfriends to go shopping with? They'll tell you what looks good on your body shape.

You look like you have zero body hair That will save you a fortune in laser or electrolysis. You will be passing very quickly once you start hormones/spiro.

Are your ears pierced?

I like the toe color.

So, as many of you probably already know, I recently realized I’m likely trans fem. Believe it or not it is nearly impossible to even get hormones as an adult in Florida right now, so for the next few months as least biologically I’m functioningly a cis guy.

A lot of trans people, understandably, early in their transition wear really exaggeratedly feminine clothes and makeup. I’m trying to avoid that. I’m going for more gender non-conforming than trying to necessarily “pass” at this point.

View attachment 67482906
View attachment 67482907
View attachment 67482908

I wish you all the best, but what I’d advise doing - if you aren’t already - instead of finding cloths is investing time and resources into finding the best therapy and development of insight into finding your definitive self.

You re making important decisions, and that’s good, but you need to do it from a calm, thoughtful and aware place. That takes a bit of effort. It doesn’t just happen. So invest in yourself to get the best results in your best interest, what ever they may be. If you do that things like clothes, etc, will take care of themselves in time.

View attachment 67482906
View attachment 67482907
View attachment 67482908

Take your time,

This is not an easy decision, and once you start medical treatments life altering and difficult to reverse fully.

Ensure it is what you really want, that it is where you can see yourself in 30 years.

Expect lots of current family and friends will not accept your decision, and be emotionally ready for it

View attachment 67482906
View attachment 67482907
View attachment 67482908

Hi! I'm 7 years transitioned, MTF. So first off yes you are doing fine! Also I'm sorry you're in Florida. Until such a time as Disney releases hormones into the water to turn the crocodiles trans you are kinda in a bad spot. As for fashion here are my general tips and tricks.

1. Go to used clothes stores. Bring a cis-girl friend along or find community you trust to help you.
2. Remember that all clothes are girl clothes if you are a girl. Gendering fabric is for cis people, not trans people.
3. If you want to feel more feminine, think about what you think fem is, and then find fashion that fits with that. Instagram and pinterest were where I started looking. But also think about the days where you're just too tired to be fem so get comfy pjs and sweats.
4. Comfy underwear is always needed.
5. Think about your body type and how you look. Most trans fems have more boxy frames so keep that in mind. Certain types of clothes look better on people with different frames. Figure out what kind of frame you have.
6. Kinda the obvious one but get out of Florida.
7. Just find clothes you like! That's pretty much it.

Those are the ideas that come on the top of my head! Hope these help.

I'm having a hard time understanding why clothing choices even matter when you're trans. For example, there are lots of women who wear pants and long shirts.

I guess I don't get why being trans means you have to be stereotypically feminine looking in order to be a trans woman. I have a trans male friend who basically looks like a stereotypical woman, and really doesn't care what anyone says about his appearance or if he gets misgendered. Most people think he is a she at first glance. He even still wears dresses. He knows inside that he is male but outside he presents as female, and he knows that it confuses the world so he tells people to just call him whatever they want.

I'm only bringing this up because I think gender is one thing, but fashion is another. Why do you need to be female presenting at all in order to be female?

I'm having a hard time understanding why clothing choices even matter when you're trans. For example, there are lots of women who wear pants and long shirts.

I guess I don't get why being trans means you have to be stereotypically feminine looking in order to be a trans woman. I have a trans male friend who basically looks like a stereotypical woman, and really doesn't care what anyone says about his appearance or if he gets misgendered. Most people think he is a she at first glance. He even still wears dresses. He knows inside that he is male but outside he presents as female, and he knows that it confuses the world so he tells people to just call him whatever they want.

I'm only bringing this up because I think gender is one thing, but fashion is another. Why do you need to be female presenting at all in order to be female?

I agree with this. I'm a woman and I love just wearing jeans, a sweater and boots in winter. @Nomad4Ever - just dress how you are most comfortable. You don't need to wear a skirt or dress to be feminine.

I agree with this. I'm a woman and I love just wearing jeans, a sweater and boots in winter. @Nomad4Ever - just dress how you are most comfortable. You don't need to wear a skirt or dress to be feminine.
I wish you all the best, but what I’d advise doing - if you aren’t already - instead of finding cloths is investing time and resources into finding the best therapy and development of insight into finding your definitive self.
It's more that I have NO female clothes, and so it is both exciting and difficult for my trying to put together feminine outfits rather than wanting to wear them all the time. And my psychiatrist said I should go out dressed more feminine to see how it made me feel to help figure out my own feelings better.

Do you have any cis girlfriends to go shopping with? They'll tell you what looks good on your body shape.
Go to used clothes stores. Bring a cis-girl friend along or find community you trust to help you.
Think about your body type and how you look. Most trans fems have more boxy frames so keep that in mind. Certain types of clothes look better on people with different frames. Figure out what kind of frame you have.
If you want to feel more feminine, think about what you think fem is, and then find fashion that fits with that.

I'm lucky and my partner is trans nonbinary but dresses rather goth. So they helped me with shopping. Figuring out what clothes look good on me AND what I like with a wardrobe that isn't comprised almost entirely of jeans and t-shirts however is more difficult. But it's all part of the process I guess! I'm having a rather good time shopping though and plan on looking at some used stores soon to find more clothes to try cheaply.

Hi! I'm 7 years transitioned, MTF. So first off yes you are doing fine!
Also hi! Nice too meet you. Thank you for helping me out 😅

Also I'm sorry you're in Florida. Until such a time as Disney releases hormones into the water to turn the crocodiles trans you are kinda in a bad spot.
Don't worry. The Trans Agenda has nearly completed its stage 1 genetic testing and the trans and gay crocodiles are due to be released by Q3 2024 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️🐊

View attachment 67482906
View attachment 67482907
View attachment 67482908

I really, really love your butterfly/flower t-shirt. Where did you get it? If it was me I'd just pair it with some jeans and a flannel but I don't have legs like yours. Your toes are looking good, have you tried wedges? I personally like them because heels are too much for me but I like a little height sometimes.

View attachment 67482906
View attachment 67482907
View attachment 67482908

Do whatever makes you comfortable.

We cis people aren't going to be much help.

It's more that I have NO female clothes, and so it is both exciting and difficult for my trying to put together feminine outfits rather than wanting to wear them all the time. And my psychiatrist said I should go out dressed more feminine to see how it made me feel to help figure out my own feelings better.

Do what you can to make sure the professionals helping you are fully qualified to work with your specific needs. Any major life transition is about the foundational work that not only makes for best decision making but most effectual outcomes as well. Learn as much as you can to be your own best advocate. The security you gain in the knowing will also increase your confidence.

The stronger the foundation you lay, the sounder any edifice you build on top of it.

All the best to you…

View attachment 67482906
View attachment 67482907
View attachment 67482908

My thoughts are "****ing Florida. Again?"

I don't do fashion comments since I have no real fashion sense. Be well.

I really, really love your butterfly/flower t-shirt. Where did you get it?
Surprisingly, Nordstrom. I quite like it too.

If it was me I'd just pair it with some jeans and a flannel but I don't have legs like yours.
I hated my legs before I shaved them but I am quite happy with how they look now, so a lot of the clothes I bought were to escape my wardrobe of jeans and Khaki's.

Your toes are looking good, have you tried wedges? I personally like them because heels are too much for me but I like a little height sometimes.
I haven't! I had to look up what that meant in shoe terms to be honest 😶‍🌫️

Back
Top Bottom