• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Baby in Kansas City, Missouri, dies after her mother mistakenly put her in an oven

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — An infant in Missouri died when her mother mistakenly put her down for a nap in an oven, a prosecutor said Saturday.

Mariah Thomas of Kansas City was charged with endangering the welfare of a child. Court records do not yet show if Thomas has an attorney, and no phone listing for Thomas could be found.

Police responded Friday afternoon to a report of an infant not breathing. A probable cause statement said responders found the child with apparent burns. The child was pronounced dead at the scene.
======================================================
No comment.

She was just warming up her left overs, and forgot they were there.

OK. I've heard everything now. That was the last incident that anybody could possibly imagine... Poor kid. Geez...

This is about the last cartoon prediction that I would have ever expected to come true.

Poor kid.

I have to imagine alcohol and or drugs were involved.

Not sure how you can make that epic of a mistake while sober.

Must have one of those expensive heated cribs with a door and double rack. You know, in case you need to ly down two infants at the same time.
Endangering?... Nah, this is murder, even if it was due to some potent psychedelics.
Though I had some good trips back in the day, but never tot in the oven good.
Horrible..

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — An infant in Missouri died when her mother mistakenly put her down for a nap in an oven, a prosecutor said Saturday.

Mariah Thomas of Kansas City was charged with endangering the welfare of a child. Court records do not yet show if Thomas has an attorney, and no phone listing for Thomas could be found.

Police responded Friday afternoon to a report of an infant not breathing. A probable cause statement said responders found the child with apparent burns. The child was pronounced dead at the scene.
No comment.
Too bad she didn't get an abortion, much kinder to have never given birth to this abused and murdered baby. May the baby rest peacefully.

No comment.
Endangering the welfare of a child? What a gross misrepresentation of what happened. She mistakenly put the baby in an oven, (which must have been on, because the child had burns). If she put it in the oven and it was on it would have been warm, the woman would likely have felt the heat. The alternative is she turned it on once the baby was placed inside. Other options, the mother was high as a kite on some sort of drugs. Either way she murdered her child. Hell, is she using the Biden, "I can't remember" defense?
This is terrible, hopefully when the facts come out it will tell us what actually happened.

Too bad she didn't get an abortion, much kinder to have never given birth to this abused and murdered baby. May the baby rest peacefully.
If she was going to put her in a hot oven, why not take the child to a firehouse and leave her. They would know what to do. No excuse. I say this because I've never seen a crib that looks like an oven or a crib built into the cabinetry of the kitchen.

Endangering the welfare of a child? What a gross misrepresentation of what happened. She mistakenly put the baby in an oven, (which must have been on, because the child had burns). If she put it in the oven and it was on it would have been warm, the woman would likely have felt the heat. The alternative is she turned it on once the baby was placed inside. Other options, the mother was high as a kite on some sort of drugs. Either way she murdered her child. Hell, is she using the Biden, "I can't remember" defense?
This is terrible, hopefully when the facts come out it will tell us what actually happened.
There it is

Back
Top Bottom