• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Axios: Coronavirus deaths are rising in hotspots

Visbek

Stuck In The Circle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
2020-07-08_10-43-11.jpg

Well, no big surprise here. While the national trend is still downward, new deaths per day are on the rise in hot spot states like Texas, Florida, and Arizona.

It looks like the increases were right on time. Cases started increasing around 6/17, and death rates started to rise around 7/1.

There are some positive reasons for death rates being lower than in March or April, such as hospitals getting much more effective at treatment, and younger cohorts getting sick. However, there is little doubt that as the number of cases rise, so will the number of deaths.

Cases started increasing roughly two weeks after the long Memorial Day weekend, with large crowds packed together and no masks.

This also coincides with Trumps exhortation to southern red-state governors to open up their states faster, despite Dr. Fauchi counseling caution.

This also coincides with Trumps exhortation to southern red-state governors to open up their states faster, despite Dr. Fauchi counseling caution.

I truly do not get Trumps campaign strategy. He is holding rally's where masks and social distancing is discouraged. he's trying to make the states that support him open up too soon, which will cause needless suffering and death.

I truly do not get Trumps campaign strategy. He is holding rally's where masks and social distancing is discouraged. he's trying to make the states that support him open up too soon, which will cause needless suffering and death.

The only thing that makes sense from a strategic perspective, is he's taking the "plow through it" approach where he will continue to downplay it enough that he will claim he was right all along when it eventually does. The problem is with cases, hospitalizations, and deaths rising in some areas it contradicts his messaging. Perhaps he's banking on everything being fine once the current outbreaks subside.

Trump is delusional, and thinks he can control reality (or at least, people's perceptions of it and him) by merely willing it to be so.

In addition, he is playing to his anti-science, anti-government, pro-conspiracy theorist base. He has shown no interest in winning over centrist voters, let alone actually doing his duty to protect the nation. He's just whipping up the faithful, and almost certainly planning to scream about "fraudulent votes" if he loses in November.

View attachment 67286635

Well, no big surprise here. While the national trend is still downward, new deaths per day are on the rise in hot spot states like Texas, Florida, and Arizona.

It looks like the increases were right on time. Cases started increasing around 6/17, and death rates started to rise around 7/1.

There are some positive reasons for death rates being lower than in March or April, such as hospitals getting much more effective at treatment, and younger cohorts getting sick. However, there is little doubt that as the number of cases rise, so will the number of deaths.

Florida. Ouch. Texas. That's bad. Bad. They opened up too soon obviously.

The only thing that makes sense from a strategic perspective, is he's taking the "plow through it" approach where he will continue to downplay it enough that he will claim he was right all along when it eventually does. The problem is with cases, hospitalizations, and deaths rising in some areas it contradicts his messaging. Perhaps he's banking on everything being fine once the current outbreaks subside.

Its almost like he's trying to will it away. I guess he's so invested in it being a hoax and all, he probably thinks he'll look weak if he backs down and starts acting like its serious.

Cases started increasing roughly two weeks after the long Memorial Day weekend, with large crowds packed together and no masks.

The problem is Fauci is like a little meak mouse hiding in the corner. This country needs a pitbull and not a ***** like Fauci to spread the message.

He either knows something that we don't know or he is out of touch like Saddam Hussein in his final days of power.

Florida. Ouch. Texas. That's bad. Bad. They opened up too soon obviously.

Arizona is worse than all of these considering it's a much smaller state. I think you guys are too addicted to bad mouthing Florida and Texas to even see this.

Last edited:
He either knows something that we don't know or he is out of touch like Saddam Hussein in his final days of power.
You might be on to something! If Trump was taking hydroxychloroquine as a preventive, without any real science if it was safe,
what are the chances he has already had one of the Covid-19 vaccines?

The man is addicted to the admiration and shouting Trump fans, their health be damned as long as he feels like King Donald.

The man is addicted to the admiration and shouting Trump fans, their health be damned as long as he feels like King Donald.

However, the cramped conditions with no face masks insures his base gets personally affected by his lack of covid 19 response. The ones who die can't vote for him.

View attachment 67286635

Its been about 3.5 weeks since those hotspots started appearing ... so yeah that was bound to happen.

My guess is the latter only because I cannot imagine him not sharing it since it would prove beneficial to his consistent downplaying of the virus.

However, the cramped conditions with no face masks insures his base gets personally affected by his lack of covid 19 response. The ones who die can't vote for him.

I am not sure that he either believes it or cares for it when the pay off is his adoring mob.

Its almost like he's trying to will it away. I guess he's so invested in it being a hoax and all, he probably thinks he'll look weak if he backs down and starts acting like its serious.

It's just odd considering his interest in his popularity and polling data. I don't think there's a major poll out there that shows the majority of people don't think COVID 19 is a serious threat.

It's just odd considering his interest in his popularity and polling data. I don't think there's a major poll out there that shows the majority of people don't think COVID 19 is a serious threat.

His ego won't allow him to back down and admit he was wrong, so he's stuck with his current gameplan.

Back
Top Bottom