• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Assault Weapons Ban of 2017

Without having gone through the whole thing....WTF?

This list of Senators -
Mrs. Feinstein (for herself, Mr. Blumenthal, Mr. Murphy, Mr. Schumer, Mr. Durbin, Mrs. Murray, Mr. Reed, Mr. Carper, Mr. Menendez, Mr. Cardin, Ms. Klobuchar, Mr. Whitehouse, Mrs. Gillibrand, Mr. Franken, Mr. Schatz, Ms. Hirono, Ms. Warren, Mr. Markey, Mr. Booker, Mr. Van Hollen, Ms. Duckworth, Ms. Harris, Mr. Casey, and Mr. Sanders)
- should flat out be ashamed of themselves. Tammy Duckworth, in particular, should be concerned that putting her name on this monstrosity is a violation of her oath as an Officer in the US Army.

This list of Senators -
Mrs. Feinstein (for herself, Mr. Blumenthal, Mr. Murphy, Mr. Schumer, Mr. Durbin, Mrs. Murray, Mr. Reed, Mr. Carper, Mr. Menendez, Mr. Cardin, Ms. Klobuchar, Mr. Whitehouse, Mrs. Gillibrand, Mr. Franken, Mr. Schatz, Ms. Hirono, Ms. Warren, Mr. Markey, Mr. Booker, Mr. Van Hollen, Ms. Duckworth, Ms. Harris, Mr. Casey, and Mr. Sanders)
- should flat out be ashamed of themselves. Tammy Duckworth, in particular, should be concerned that putting her name on this monstrosity is a violation of her oath as an Officer in the US Army.

It's just a regurgitation of the 2013 and 2015 bills to ban cosmetics. Everything grandfathered, sales of grandfathered items are legal, 2 million unit bump in AR lowers in the next six months.

It's just a regurgitation of the 2013 and 2015 bills to ban cosmetics. Everything grandfathered, sales of grandfathered items are legal, 2 million unit bump in AR lowers in the next six months.

The problem is that it would open the door to have cops check every damned weapon to see if it met the criteria of the law or was exempted under the law. It also looks to me like it would apply nationally so, for example, here in AZ I am allowed to carry pretty much without restriction. This law would mean that if I get pulled over for a traffic stop and happen to mention to the cop that I am armed he or she would then have to check out my sidearm to insure it wasn't a prohibited "assault weapon". I would then need to rely on the cop's competence to make such a determination or go to court to fight it if I had reason to believe his determination was incorrect. That's one hell of a way to go about not infringing on my 2A rights!

I mean, seriously, when an SR556 is an "assault weapon" and a Mini 14 isn't it's going to lead to all kinds of confusion.

The problem is that it would open the door to have cops check every damned weapon to see if it met the criteria of the law or was exempted under the law. It also looks to me like it would apply nationally so, for example, here in AZ I am allowed to carry pretty much without restriction. This law would mean that if I get pulled over for a traffic stop and happen to mention to the cop that I am armed he or she would then have to check out my sidearm to insure it wasn't a prohibited "assault weapon". I would then need to rely on the cop's competence to make such a determination or go to court to fight it if I had reason to believe his determination was incorrect. That's one hell of a way to go about not infringing on my 2A rights!

I mean, seriously, when an SR556 is an "assault weapon" and a Mini 14 isn't it's going to lead to all kinds of confusion.

The Mini-14 holds the record for deaths in a single mass shooting but gets exempted every time. It doesn't have those features that make it "dangerous".

The Mini-14 holds the record for deaths in a single mass shooting but gets exempted every time. It doesn't have those features that make it "dangerous".
Guess the same way aM1carbine slides. Don't look scarey enough. Of course you probably saw what states the senators are from. Nope nothing anti gun there. I was very surprised not to see
Wyden and Merkley though.Guess with the recent shooting it's perfect timing.

This list of Senators -

I've seen all the bolded ones speaking about something at one point or another, and can vouch for the complete lunacy and idiocy of those people...

Back
Top Bottom