• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Assad's interview

Alrighty then. It was pretty close to my personal memories. It was quite a few years ago. My memory isn't as sharp as it use to be. But it serves me well enough to remember that for a hell of a lot of men and women in America and VN...it was not a good time in history. I got my draft notice on Oct 25, 1965.

I was a little over 5 months old when you got drafted.

War is never a good time, however if war is conducted intelligently and properly when it is necessary, then it at least reduces the negative. Vietnam under Johnson was neither conducted intelligently or properly. FDR was perhaps the last president that conducted warfare in an intelligent way. Some might argue for Reagan or H.W. Bush, but undoubtedly Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Clinton, G.W. Bush and Obama all screwed the pooch on it.

Wasn't that the last time us and the French alone agreed upon a military action?

Mornin DVS. :2wave: Well not really.....it was when the French got their asses kicked and then called on us for help. Due to Cold War and Communism. Eisenhower' agreement to help the South. We jumped and gave them a helping hand. Which then we let the Democrats run the War and never tried to win it.

Although.....we just did back them in Mali and we also backed their Play with the Ivory Coast.

Back
Top Bottom