• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Articles Of Impeachment Released For Secretary Mayorkas

Mayorkas may be guilty of the charges or may not.

Do you believe Congress is completely innocent in the issues identified in the article of impeachment?
The articles identify Secretary Mayorkas, not Congress.
Has Congress pass a final budget for HSS?
Yes. ten days ago (on January 18th)
Has Congress passed anything to address the increase threat to the border?
No, because the proposals have earmarks, so they must be dismissed.
When I mean Congress I mean both Houses. Far as I know they have not passed a Bill in both Houses that can go to the President for signature or veto.
True, because the proposals will either not work, or will be too costly.
Why is Congress so ineffective?
Split Houses.
I think Congress needs to look at themselves while they are going after others.
They have a LOT of substantial evidence against Mayorkas. Impeachment is the proper thing to do. The Border Crisis is due to the sheer incompetence of Mayorkas - - he needs to be removed from office. ASAP

Last edited:
Breaking News
Earlier today, House Repubs announced two articles of impeachment against HSS Alejandro Mayorkas, accusing him of failing to do his job by allowing thousands of high-risk criminals (fentanyl mules and human traffickers) to enter the country among throngs of asylum-seekers.

The articles accuse Mayorkas of willful and systemic refusal to comply with the law and breach of public trust.

On Tuesday (in two days), the Homeland Security Committee will convene, and vote to impeach or not. It is expected that impeachment of Mayorkas will pass.

source: https://www.npr.org/2024/01/28/1227...homeland-security-mayorkas-border-immigration
Another example of House elected R's messaging and not governing.

The articles identify Secretary Mayorkas, not Congress.
I know. I asked you a question and you dodged.
Answer the question I asked.
"Do you believe Congress is completely innocent in the issues identified in the article of impeachment?" More specifically, do you believe Congress is has done all they could in funding and passing laws to curb illegal immigration, drug and human trafficking?
Yes. ten days ago (on January 18th)
link?
last I saw Congress passed a short stop CR to avoid a govt. shutdown.
No, because the proposals have earmarks, so they must be dismissed.
So. you agree that Congress is failing to pass Bills to address the crisis due to earmarks. Seems Congress is failing the American people. The President has no real control on how Congress writes the Bills.
True, because the proposals will either not work, or will be too costly.
Again, Congress is failing the American people.
Split Houses.
We have had that before and Congress was able to get work done.
They have a LOT of substantial evidence against Mayorkas. Impeachment is the proper thing to do. The Border Crisis is due to the sheer incompetence of Mayorkas - - he needs to be removed from office. ASAP
I have no issue with the impeachment. That is our system working. However, Mayorkas is innocent of the charges till proven guilty by the House. I suspect the Senate will not vote for his removal. He will be impeached but not removed. Sound familiar?

- I will also say the Border crisis is also due to the failure of Congress, political unrest in other countries, and the gobal impact covid had on the world economy.

This is a win-win for those elected reps. They get to throw red meat to the base and fund raise at the same time. Performance artistry has become a lucrative tool….

Mayorkas' assertion that "the border is secure" was arguably the lie of the year in 2023.

All good. But next time, try to ease into derailing a thread. You reminded me of Trump at a donor rally.
Oh geeze, we were doing so good till you decided to run cover for Sky. I should have expected that. I'll know better next time.

Mayorkas' assertion that "the border is secure" was arguably the lie of the year in 2023.
Politicians lie, OMG, that is breaking news!! What if we impeached every one that does lie? I think that would be a fun endeavor, don't you?

Oh geeze, we were doing so good till you decided to run cover for Sky. I should have expected that. I'll know better next time.
Nope. When people are blatantly obvious, it just seemed like a no brainer. 🤷‍♂️
Carry on.

Nope. When people are blatantly obvious, it just seemed like a no brainer. 🤷‍♂️
Carry on.
Have to get the last lick in? Otherwise you feel you didn't score enough points? Ok, tell you what, get another lick in and I won't respond so you can feel you won. Cheers.

I know. I asked you a question and you dodged.
Answer the question I asked.
"Do you believe Congress is completely innocent in the issues identified in the article of impeachment?" More specifically, do you believe Congress is has done all they could in funding and passing laws to curb illegal immigration, drug and human trafficking?
My opinion about Congress' innocence is irrelevant. We're discussing the merits of the Articles of Impeachment against Secretary Mayorkas. My opinion is that the two articles have merit, and there is plenty of supporting evidence to warrant the Impeachment. It might be successful in removing Mayorkas from office.
So. you agree that Congress is failing to pass Bills to address the crisis due to earmarks. Seems Congress is failing the American people. The President has no real control on how Congress writes the Bills.
I agree somewhat. Hyper-Partisanship is hindering Congress from passing anything to forward to the president. Neither Party wants to budge on their demands. That's why I said let Trump handle it when he returns to office next January. He will get the right people in his cabinet that don't deliberately violate established immigration Laws. Once that is done, then Congress can come up with a workable plan to reform immigration - - without all of the earmarks and pork.
. . . I have no issue with the impeachment. That is our system working. However, Mayorkas is innocent of the charges till proven guilty by the House.
agreed.
I suspect the Senate will not vote for his removal. He will be impeached but not removed. Sound familiar?
agreed. It is unlikely that the Senate would convict, even though there is a boatload of evidence that Mayorkas is deliberately derelict in his duties. But the American people know about Mayorkas being unfit for the job of Secretary of Homeland Security. The people want him to be impeached. Congress is only doing what they are supposed to do.
I will also say the Border crisis is also due to the failure of Congress, political unrest in other countries, and the gobal impact covid had on the world economy.
Disagree on this one. We didn't have a Border Crisis under Trump. Biden is mostly to blame - he urged migrants to "surge to the border" - - and so they did. Also, it was Biden who appointed the misfit Mayorkas.

My opinion about Congress' innocence is irrelevant. We're discussing the merits of the Articles of Impeachment against Secretary Mayorkas. My opinion is that the two articles have merit, and there is plenty of supporting evidence to warrant the Impeachment. It might be successful in removing Mayorkas from office.
The question is proper since Congress is part of the problem.

Interesting how you dodge questions.

I agree somewhat. Hyper-Partisanship is hindering Congress from passing anything to forward to the president. Neither Party wants to budge on their demands. That's why I said let Trump handle it when he returns to office next January. He will get the right people in his cabinet that don't deliberately violate established immigration Laws. Once that is done, then Congress can come up with a workable plan to reform immigration - - without all of the earmarks and pork.

agreed.

agreed. It is unlikely that the Senate would convict, even though there is a boatload of evidence that Mayorkas is deliberately derelict in his duties. But the American people know about Mayorkas being unfit for the job of Secretary of Homeland Security. The people want him to be impeached. Congress is only doing what they are supposed to do.

Disagree on this one. We didn't have a Border Crisis under Trump. Biden is mostly to blame - he urged migrants to "surge to the border" - - and so they did. Also, it was Biden who appointed the misfit Mayorkas.

I guess Turley is a filthy liberal again.

Reactions: jpn
There isn't a person alive today that understands our immigration system as well as Mayorkas.

Conservatives hate expertise.

Breaking News
Earlier today, House Repubs announced two articles of impeachment against HSS Alejandro Mayorkas, accusing him of failing to do his job by allowing thousands of high-risk criminals (fentanyl mules and human traffickers) to enter the country among throngs of asylum-seekers.
The only scandal here is the depths to which the GOP House has plunged.

Fast forward ... the senate will argue that Mayorkas needs the bill sitting in the house to have the tools to do his job and he will be acquitted.

The only scandal here is the depths to which the GOP House has plunged.
It seems all they want to do is blow things up. I mean, how many time you gonna cry wolf?

Do your jobs.

Interesting read, going to be nothing more than a majority for vote for in the House and probably little else but a nay majority vote in the Senate.
Plus, there will be a significant number of Republican Senators voting no along with all the Democratic Senators.

The articles of impeachment complain that the immigration court backlog has more than doubled during Mayorkas’s tenure, “destroying the courts’ ability to administer justices and provide appropriate relief in a timeframe that does not run into years or even decades.”

Republicans are deliberately blocking bipartisan efforts to improve border security, including more money for courts, because passing such legislation would hurt Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.

Lawfare! Dog and pony! Blah blah blah

Back
Top Bottom