• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arson in Australia

Almost 100 firebugs have deliberately started blazes across Queensland that
have destroyed homes and consumed thousands of hectares of bushland.

Drop the adults in with hot shot crews and force them to fight the fires. And if they survive...shoot them. As for the juveniles, drown them. Bad seeds needs to excised from society.

Last edited:
Whether that is true or not, I do not know. What I do know is that this is a very dire situation. My heart goes out to all, human and animals.

Whether that is true or not, I do not know. What I do know is that this is a very dire situation. My heart goes out to all, human and animals.

There you go being a decent person, Lovebug.

Arsonists deserve worse than the death penalty. Can't think of anything just now but I'll think of something suitable.

How can anyone not have compassion?

I have compassion for the victims of these fires and arson, as well as all the ravaged animal life, Lovebug. For these intentional arsonists, the darkest feelings in my heart begin to well up...along the lines I have for rapists and murderers.

Arsonists deserve worse than the death penalty. Can't think of anything just now but I'll think of something suitable.

There is an operation that is routinely performed on young bulls that comes to mind.

[FONT=&quot]Wildfires[/FONT]
[h=1]Hijacking Australian 2019 Bushfire Tragedies to Fearmonger Climate Change[/h][FONT=&quot]Guest post by Jim Steele, director emeritus of the Sierra Nevada Field Campus, SFSU and author of Landscapes and Cycles: An Environmentalist’s Journey to Climate Skepticism. As is customary now, whenever tragedy strikes, the internet buzzes with articles blaming climate change. Hijacking the tragic Australia’s bushfires was to be expected. For instance, Microsoft’s MSN website…
[/FONT]

The Daily Chrenk

Australia’s arson crisis

January 3, 2020 - by Arthur Chrenkoff

Excerpt:

According to my calculations and estimates, the number of individuals around Australia whose arson has contributed to the current bushfire crisis has now passed 200.

This figure is not presented as a counter-argument to those who blame the fires on climate change. Most people (I hope) understand that trees tend not to spontaneously combust, no matter what the air temperature is; when we talk about bushfires starting naturally, we are talking about lightning strikes igniting tinder. The climate change argument posits that the more extreme weather conditions – higher temperatures, drought, etc. – make fires, however started, much more destructive and much more difficult to control and extinguish. These are debates to be had between climatologists, forestry experts and fire fighters. What is painfully clear, however, that Australia has a firebug crisis. It will no doubt be up to future royal commissions and inquiries to calculate exactly what proportion of the current loss and destruction can be attributed to human action, but I suspect it will be a significant one. Man might be making climate change, but man is most definitely making fires start.

Below, a sample of news reports from around the country for the past several months.

LINK

The Sidney Morning Herald

Arson, mischief and recklessness: 87 per cent of fires are man-made

By Paul Read
November 18, 2019

EXCERPT:

There are, on average, 62,000 fires in Australia every year. Only a very small number strike far from populated areas and satellite studies tell us that lightning is responsible for only 13 per cent. Not so the current fires threatening to engulf Queensland and NSW. There were no lightning strikes on most of the days when the fires first started in September. Although there have been since, these fires – joining up to create a new form of mega-fire – are almost all man-made.

A 2015 satellite analysis of 113,000 fires from 1997-2009 confirmed what we had known for some time – 40 per cent of fires are deliberately lit, another 47 per cent accidental. This generally matches previous data published a decade earlier that about half of all fires were suspected or deliberate arson, and 37 per cent accidental. Combined, they reach the same conclusion: 87 per cent are man-made.

LINK

The Age

Bushfire scientist David Packham warns of huge blaze threat, urges increase in fuel reduction burns

By Darren Gray
Updated March 12, 2015

EXCERPT:

Forest fuel levels have worsened over the past 30 years because of "misguided green ideology", vested interests, political failure and mismanagement, creating a massive bushfire threat, a former CSIRO bushfire scientist has warned.

Victoria's "failed fire management policy" is an increasing threat to human life, water supplies, property and the forest environment, David Packham said in a submission to the state's Inspector-General for Emergency Management.

And he argued that unless the annual fuel reduction burning target, currently at a minimum of 5 per cent of public land, "is doubled or preferably tripled, a massive bushfire disaster will occur. The forest and alpine environment will decay and be damaged possibly beyond repair and homes and people [will be] incinerated."

He said forest fuel levels had climbed to their most dangerous level in thousands of years.

Mr Packham produced his submission in response to a review of bushfire fuel management announced last month by the state government and to be conducted by the Inspector-General for Emergency Management.

LINK

Let’s just point out the that the IPCC was pretty clear on this in last years Special Report.

Special Report on Climate Change and Land — IPCC site

As you can see from the graphic below, we are in the yellow. It all gets worse when we move to the red or purple.

Let’s not move to the red or purple.

d92e88bdaffd7b6932cb27bf15cfca59.jpg

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

I’m sure your denier blogs tell you that.

Actually, it's the Royal Society.

[FONT=&quot]". . . global area burned appears to have overall declined over past decades, and there is increasing evidence that there is less fire in the global landscape today than centuries ago."[/FONT]

[h=3]Global trends in wildfire and its impacts - Royal Society ...[/h]
[url]https://royalsocietypublishing.org
› doi › abs › rstb.2015.0345
[/URL]

by SH Doerr - ‎2016 - ‎Cited by 115 - ‎Related articles
Jun 5, 2016 - Wildfire has been an important process affecting the Earth's surface and atmosphere for over 350 million years and human societies have ...

Australian fires: Why do people start fires during fires? - BBC ...

BBC - Homepage › news › world-australia-50400851

Nov 14, 2019 - Stay and help put the fires out? Or head into the bush with a packet of matches and start another fire? Amazingly, in the Australian bushfire ...

". . . Two of the most recent studies say there are between 52,000 and 54,000 bushfires in Australia every year.
Dr Paul Read, co-director of Australia's National Centre for Research in Bushfire and Arson, puts the figure higher, at "62,000 and increasing".
Of those, 13% are started deliberately, and 37% are suspicious. That means 31,000 Australian bushfires are either arson, or suspected arson, every year.
That figure does not include recklessness or accidents. So a bushfire caused by a barbecue, or a spark from a chainsaw, would be classed as "accidental".
In short, up to 85 bushfires begin every day because someone leaves their house and decides to start one. . . . "

[h=2]How many mushroom risotto’s does it take to stop a bushfire? Golden Globes goes Vegan “for the planet”[/h]
In the light of actual news happening around the world, it is a challenge for a committee of entertainment journalists to give some people who pretend to do things, a prize and make that “news”. It’s even harder for them to waltz down red carpets with wildly expensive fashion-set-pieces and pretend to care about anything other than their image. So veganism for weather control makes “sense”, if not for stopping storms, as a form of advertising.
[h=3]Et Voila: It’s a big commitment after all – forgoing smoked salmon for one meal:[/h]The Golden Globes announced Thursday that the menu for attendees at this year’s awards show will not include meat.
In a statement to The Associated Press, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA), which hosts the Globes, said that the decision was made to draw attention to the connection between Americans’ diets and climate change.
“If there’s a way we can, not change the world, but save the planet, maybe we can get the Golden Globes to send a signal and draw attention to the issue about climate change,” HFPA President Lorenzo Soria told the AP. “The food we eat, the way we grow the food we eat, the way we dispose of the food is one of the large contributors to the climate crisis.”
Living on the edge:
“It was a little shocking when first mentioned, because of being very close to the actual Globes and having already decided on a menu,” he said
Coming soon, a movie script about how pagan neolithic tribes believed their dinner could stop floods and fires.

Actually, it's the Royal Society.

[FONT=&quot]". . . global area burned appears to have overall declined over past decades, and there is increasing evidence that there is less fire in the global landscape today than centuries ago."[/FONT]

[h=3]Global trends in wildfire and its impacts - Royal Society ...[/h]
[url]https://royalsocietypublishing.org
› doi › abs › rstb.2015.0345
[/URL]

by SH Doerr - ‎2016 - ‎Cited by 115 - ‎Related articles
Jun 5, 2016 - Wildfire has been an important process affecting the Earth's surface and atmosphere for over 350 million years and human societies have ...

Know what else the Royal Society says?

Climate change: evidence and causes | Royal Society

Volunteer Fire Fighter Association

Scientist David Packham on what’s really causing the bushfires

As former State Fire Chiefs call for a summit on bushfires, expert and scientist David Packham explains that it has nothing to do with climate change and everything to do with fuel-loads.

LINK

===============================

Warmists are ignoring this thread, therefore I will keep adding evidence to show that warmists are indeed dishonest people, when they keep lying about the cause of the fires in the country.

Science advances by evidence/Data, not by omission and lies.

AGU100

Spatial and temporal patterns of global burned area in response to anthropogenic and environmental factors: Reconstructing global fire history for the 20th and early 21st centuries

Jia Yang Hanqin Tian Bo Tao Wei Ren John Kush Yongqiang Liu Yuhang Wang

First published: 14 February 2014

Abstract

Fire is a critical component of the Earth system, and substantially influences land surface, climate change, and ecosystem dynamics. To accurately predict the fire regimes in the 21st century, it is essential to understand the historical fire patterns and recognize the interaction among fire, human, and environment factors. Until now, few efforts are put on the studies regarding to the long‐term fire reconstruction and the attribution analysis of anthropogenic and environmental factors to fire regimes at global scale. To fill this knowledge gap, we developed a 0.5° × 0.5° data set of global burned area from 1901 to 2007 by coupling Global Fire Emission Database version 3 with a process‐based fire model and conducted factorial simulation experiments to evaluate the impacts of human, climate, and atmospheric components. The average global burned area is ~442 × 104 km2 yr−1 during 1901–2007 and our results suggest a notable declining rate of burned area globally (1.28 × 104 km2 yr−1). Burned area in tropics and extratropics exhibited a significant declining trend, with no significant trend detected at high latitudes. Factorial experiments indicated that human activities were the dominant factor in determining the declining trend of burned area in tropics and extratropics, and climate variation was the primary factor controlling the decadal variation of burned area at high latitudes. Elevated CO2 and nitrogen deposition enhanced burned area in tropics and southern extratropics but suppressed fire occurrence at high latitudes. Rising temperature and frequent droughts are becoming increasingly important and expected to increase wildfire activity in many regions of the world.

LINK

bolding mine

Back
Top Bottom