• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arpaio sending posse to look after schools

I understand most community colleges offer courses in logic. I'd suggest you take one.

No, he's a fascist because he's a racist piece of crap with a badge. The school thing is nothing more than grandstanding on his part. He is what he is - a racist bully with a badge.

That isn't what fascism is.

No, but it is an essential element of fascism.

And a large majority of the citizens of Maricopa County.

Which says a hell of a lot about the citizens of Maricopa County. Just like the inhabitants of Birmingham Alabama during Bull Connor days. Look, Arizona has a reputation now as Mississippi West, so that's hardly surprising.

I know I'm going to regret this, but where are you getting the part about him being racist? I've seen video of him and his officers, racially mixed to say the least. I know they like to call what he does as a result of Arizona law racial profiling, but outside that what's your beef.

And yeah, all effective sheriffs are assholes, part of the job. Anyone ever fined, pulled over or arrested probably feels the same way you do.

HIs racism - personified by his eagerness to bust brown heads at every opportunity, isn't even subject to debate.

Just one of scores of articles:

Joe Arpaio, Arizona Sheriff, To Pay $200,000 In Racial Profiling Case

The guy is a racist thug and a buffoon, who apparently has found his place in racist Maricopa County. And just like Sheriff Bull Connor from 50 years ago, he has his groupies. Some on this forum.

HIs racism - personified by his eagerness to bust brown heads at every opportunity, isn't even subject to debate.

Just one of scores of articles:

Joe Arpaio, Arizona Sheriff, To Pay $200,000 In Racial Profiling Case

The guy is a racist thug and a buffoon, who apparently has found his place in racist Maricopa County. And just like Sheriff Bull Connor from 50 years ago, he has his groupies. Some on this forum.

Yeah, I thought that was it. A county with over 30% hispanic citizenry (who vote Arpaio in every election) and where near 100% hispanic illegal aliens are a huge problem, and the sheriff pulls over hispanics a lot. Who'd have figured? Yeah, must be racist. </sarcasm>

You're just mad because he does his job and keeps getting elected because of it. He's in no way analogous to Conner.

And a large majority of the citizens of Maricopa County.
1.5% above majority is not "large", it is another consecutive decline in percentage won since the 2000 election. This is his last hurrah and I would not be surprised if he doesn't finish the term.

1.5% above majority is not "large", it is another consecutive decline in percentage won since the 2000 election. This is his last hurrah and I would not be surprised if he doesn't finish the term.

51.51% with the second place finisher coming in at 44.01%. Lower turnout also broke the trend in his elections for increased turnout every election. Funny semantic play on numbers you have going there though, clever but transparent. He's been in office since 93, 20 years now, predicting this may be his last term is a rather convenient call. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I thought that was it. A county with over 30% hispanic citizenry (who vote Arpaio in every election) and where near 100% hispanic illegal aliens are a huge problem, and the sheriff pulls over hispanics a lot. Who'd have figured? Yeah, must be racist. </sarcasm>

You're just mad because he does his job and keeps getting elected because of it. He's in no way analogous to Conner.

HIspanics vote for Sheriff Joe? Do you have a link to back that?

Racial profiling isn't even a question. He paid the fine - or rather the stupid taxpayers of his county that voted for him paid the fine.

51.51% with the second place finisher coming in at 44.01%. Lower turnout also broke the trend in his elections for increased turnout every election. Funny semantic play on numbers you have going there though, clever but transparent. He's been in office since 93, 20 years now, predicting this may be his last term is a rather convenient call. :mrgreen:
If you don't know what the meaning of the terms you are using, it is not my problem, nor is it a matter of my "semantic play". "Majority" was barely met, it was in no measure "large".

Further, the latino vote in Maricopa county represents less that 20% of the total, and the vast majority did not vote for Sheriff Joke, he was again voted in by the old white git vote, his base....the same base as the posse. They turn an eye away from the malfeasance, misappropriation, and legal monetary losses instead contribute to an $8M political war chest that outspends the nearest rival by 16 to 1 ratio.

He is 80 years old, overweight and beset by numerous legal troubles. Again, my bet is he won't finish this term. And just to note, I always knew he would win the past elections, he never has had a real challenger, his biggest opponent has been himself.

Wiggen said:
HIspanics vote for Sheriff Joe? Do you have a link to back that?

Going off the liberal bias sites all reporting there was a "record Latino vote in Arizona". Now, if that is true, and also true that voter turnout in general was poor this time around, then at least some Arpaio voters have to be from the hispanic block.

Wiggen said:
Racial profiling isn't even a question. He paid the fine - or rather the stupid taxpayers of his county that voted for him paid the fine.

So? Again, near 100% of the illegals in his county, a huge problem for the citizens of his county whom he is sworn to protect, are hispanic. A racial profiling charge here is ridiculous. But the feds are constantly embarassed by him, so they can press the ridiculous.

Btw, according to the liberal Morrison Institute Report hispanic voters in the county are at an all-time high of 25% this election.

Last edited:
then at least some Arpaio voters have to be from the hispanic block.
No doubt "some" did, but hat is very different from " hispanic citizenry (who vote Arpaio in every election) ".

And you were whining about "semantic play"

The irony.

Going off the liberal bias sites all reporting there was a "record Latino vote in Arizona". Now, if that is true, and also true that voter turnout in general was poor this time around, then at least some Arpaio voters have to be from the hispanic block.

So? Again, near 100% of the illegals in his county, a huge problem for the citizens of his county whom he is sworn to protect, are hispanic. A racial profiling charge here is ridiculous. But the feds are constantly embarassed by him, so they can press the ridiculous.

Btw, according to the liberal Morrison Institute Report hispanic voters in the county are at an all-time high of 25% this election.

So the answer is 'no, I have no link showing a significant hispanic vote for Bull Arpaio'.

If this was such a ridiculous charge, why did they pay the fine?

That is encouraging news about the rising humbers of hispanic voters in the county. Maybe by the next election, the county will be 'de-Arpaioed'.

Try reading that again, it is 25% of the STATE, not county, Maricopa county has been and still is GOP dominated with a big white vote, most of the money and power is there but it like the rest of the state is slowly going Dem.

That is encouraging news about the rising humbers of hispanic voters in the county. Maybe by the next election, the county will be 'de-Arpaioed'.

please explain further why this is encouraging news other than you want Arpaio gone?

YOU try reading again. The [citizen] hispanic population of MARICOPA county alone is 30%.
I know that the percentage of Hispanics in Maricopa county is 30%, that was not the fact in question, the stat you think the ASU report stated was that Maricopa county had 25% Hispanic vote.....it did not, the cite was that the STATE had a 25% Hispanic voter turnout.

You confused county with state.

We should hire the Hell's Angels to do it :lamo

Seriously though, there are a lot of biker groups that would probably be willing to become involved somehow. Despite the stereotype of them being thugs, you could trust them to protect your kids with their lives.

And sell them dope. And have sex with them.

Yeah, I think you've pretty well nailed it. I think the fewer fascists we have operating with badges, the better we are.

I know that the percentage of Hispanics in Maricopa county is 30%, that was not the fact in question, the stat you think the ASU report stated was that Maricopa county had 25% Hispanic vote.....it did not, the cite was that the STATE had a 25% Hispanic voter turnout.

You confused county with state.

Arrgh, you're correct, that was my mistake. I'm having a devil of a time finding the racial breakdown of the election vote in Maricopa county alone. I see where it's reported that there was a radical increase in early voting by hispanics (something like 40%), and a few other tidbits, but no vote breakdown.

Have you seen anything?

Arrgh, you're correct, that was my mistake. I'm having a devil of a time finding the racial breakdown of the election vote in Maricopa county alone. I see where it's reported that there was a radical increase in early voting by hispanics (something like 40%), and a few other tidbits, but no vote breakdown.

Have you seen anything?

Personally I don't think it matters. At least not to people that don't play the race card every chance they get. Pro-illegals LOVE to play the race card. Always claiming that the big bad ole' white man is just trying to suppress hispanics. Plain fact of the matter is that the only reason hispanics seem to get targeted more is because they make up the vast majority of illegals in this country. So naturally they would get caught more. But in reality there are more illegals in this country than just hispanics. Whites, Asians, Arabs...you name the race and I'll bet you $1000 that there is an illegal with that racial background in the US. And those that are anti-illegal alien want them ALL out. There are no laws in effect that target Hispanics specifically. The laws encompass all races equally.

Also just claiming that it is "The White Man" that is trying to stop illegal aliens from entering this country illegally is in itself racist for the simple fact that whites are not the only race that want illegal aliens out of this country. I've seen blacks argue against illegal aliens. Asians, even other Hispanics. The only reason that pro-illegals play the race card is to try and discredit the validity of getting illegal aliens out of this country.

So naturally they would get caught more.
Hence the main problem with SB1070, one cannot discern citizenship status by appearance, legal citizens do "get caught" because of driving, walking.....while brown.

But yours is a great diversion away from the fact that Hispanics have voted overwhelmingly against RWer's like Arpaio and Brewer....and will continue to do so

Hence the main problem with SB1070, one cannot discern citizenship status by appearance, legal citizens do "get caught" because of driving, walking.....while brown.

Name me one part in SB1070 that targets brown people specifically....I'll bet you $1000 that you can't.

But yours is a great diversion away from the fact that Hispanics have voted overwhelmingly against RWer's like Arpaio and Brewer....and will continue to do so

Of course they would. They feel that they are being targeted. But who's fault is that exactly? The illegals fault? RW'ers fault? Arpaio's? Or the fault of those that make the issue of illegal aliens about race?

I find it funny that you cherry picked my whole post down to just one sentence...taking it completely out of context to try and make a point about racial discrimination...when none is happening. Which is why you obviously couldn't respond to my whole post but instead had to cherry pick and put things out of context.

Arpaio is a horrendous individual who deserves to be thrown into the bowels of a federal prison. That he has evaded the law due to his position and the inertia of politics and burdens on prosecuting law enforcement authorities does not change the palpable guilt he has for so many egregious violations of citizens rights. He is a populist demagogue and conservatives should spurn him.

Arpaio is a horrendous individual who deserves to be thrown into the bowels of a federal prison. That he has evaded the law due to his position and the inertia of politics and burdens on prosecuting law enforcement authorities does not change the palpable guilt he has for so many egregious violations of citizens rights. He is a populist demagogue and conservatives should spurn him.

Yeah, because every Western sheriff, as well as the republican party, should be listening to the uninformed critiques of North Eastern liberals. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom