• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

are you homophobic?

What is your score?

• 0-10

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • 11-20

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 31-40

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 41-50

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • 51-60

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 61-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 71-80

• 81-90

• 91-100

• Total voters
jamesrage said:
You life will not b effect because gays were never allowed to marry.

Um, yup, it will. I'm bi.

jamesrage said:
It is a old study dealing with identicel twin.

It also deals with genetics and chromosomes.

jamesrage said:
Until a actual gene is found it is just speculation that homosexuality is geneitc.

Not according to that study I just gave you, or to countless others, or to millions of gays worldwide who know they sure as hell didn't choose to be this way.

jamesrage said:
Aw covering your back for when unbiased and legitmate scientist prove that homosexulaity is not genitic.

Nope, just covering my back because I don't trust you heterosexuals. Some book that was written a zillion years ago says YOU'RE NAUGHTY!

Nope, I'm not covering my back, just pointing out that religion is definetely chosen, and you can't discriiate against people based on that, whereas homosexuality is innate and yet people discriminate against gays.

jamesrage said:
I can not put a ten commandments or star of david up on tax payer funded property with out the rat vermin in the ACLU trying to sue.

Because that would constitute state support of one rligion over another, which I believe is illegal in your country.

jamesrage said:
The vermin in the acly tried to destroy the boyscouts and alienate them.

Are you referring to the gays in the Boy SCouts thing? Man, that was wacked. Gays are not a danger to kids, and good on the ACLu, if they were involved.

jamesrage said:
School teachers can not openly express their religious view and lead a prayer with like minded students in tax payer funded classrooms

Again, this is due to the seperation of church and state, and becaus ethere's no gurantee the pupils are likeminded, and because public instiuitions have no right to promote one religion over another, unless they actually are religious instituitions.

and politicians can not make a refererece to Jesus while openly praying.So yes christians are discriminated against.

*plays world's tiniest violin* Get real, jamesrage. Nobody refuses to hire you because you're Christian, nobody accuses you of being a terrorist because you're a Christian, nobody infringes on your right to practice your religion in your own home without getting hassle. You've got a president who prances around saying God wants him to be president, your money has God's name on it, your Pedge of Allaince has his name on it. You are not discriminated against.

AlbqOwl said:
Yes, we will definitely have to agree to disagree because I won't ever say that having a loving mom and dad in the home is not the best scenario for children whether the kids are gay or straight.

You seem to think that biological family is meaningless. I don't. So we'll have to agree to disagree on that one too.

I don't think it's meaningnless, I just think that being brought up by your biological family isn't necessary for happiness. Your life's not a train wreck if you're adopted, you know.

AlbqOwl said:
No it doesn't. But you don't seem to wish to accept my rationale for that, and that's cool, but you're just wrong on this one.

No offence, but when you deny that people marry one another because they fall in love, you look a little unrealistic.

AlbqOwl said:
Every good reason,

Such as?

AlbqOwl said:
but again you won't accept my rationale and you just keep repeating yourself, so we might as well drop that argument.

If you would actually get the point I'm trying to make, instead of constnatly claiming the gays and straights have equal marriage righst, I wouldn't ahve any need to repeat myself.

AlbqOwl said:
It is tough for people, straight or gay, who for whatever reason cannot or do not wish to marry to obtain the tax, medical, insurance, hospital visitation, inheritance, etc. rights and benefits enjoyed by married people. I am all for finding a reasonable way to remedy that and, in my way of thinking the best way is to allow a way for two or more people to form themselves into legally recognized family groups.

I think such people sjould have the option of civil partnerships, while committed gay couples should have the option of marriage.

AlbqOwl said:
True, but there are many more kinds of love than romantic love. Romantic love is nice if it is shared by another neat person. It has absolutely nothing to do with the legal marriage contract however.

AlbqOwl, I get what you're syang agout it not being in the contract, but it is a big part of why people marry, and it needs taken into account.

AlbqOwl said:
Once again you are inserting a factor that plays no part whatsoever in the law as it is written.

Which explains why I support changing the law.

AlbqOwl said:
You do not seem to wish to accept a better idea which is to come up with some that is good for you and might even be better than the marriage contract.

And you seem unable to realise that maybe myself, and other non-straight people, do not want "better" than marriage, we just want marriage.

AlbqOwl said:
In my way of thinking, your view is narrow minded and dogmatic and shuts out the greater opportunities that could be out there for you.

Agian, I don't want a "greater oppurtunity" I want myself and others to be included in the perfectly good oppurtunities that around now.

AlbqOwl said:
No, you fret because you aren't included in an "archaic and bigoted" law. Any bright person should be able to see the disconnect here or that there is an agenda that has nothing whatsoever to do with who you love.

An agenda? I don't get what you mean here.

AlbqOwl said:
Well you are certainly entitled to your prejudices and bigotry. We all have them.

Yep, believing that peopel should be able to marry thos ethey love is real bigoted.

AlbqOwl said:
It is a 'pale imitation' only in your mind. I thought you thought marriage was 'archaic and bigoted'. How pale would an imitation be of an institution which you obviously hold in utter contempt? Could you possibly have an agenda here that has nothing to do with marriage?

I said that I believe excluding people based on their gender makes marriage bigoted and archaic, not that marraige as an ideal is such.

AlbqOwl said:
But If you got past that, you might come up with something better that people who would otherwise marry might think was a better system. Try thinking outside the box for a change.

AlbqOwl said:
Or the person is already married. Or there are certain communicable diseases present. Or the person is so butt ugly nobody would have him/her or any number of other reasons. No law can guarantee that everybody will benefit from it. The best any law can do is that every person is treated equally under it.

You just keep missing the point: The current law does not treat all people as equals. The marriage laws may not have been structed to allow heterosexuals to marry thos ethey fall in love with, but you can't deny that that's what they do. Gays don't have this benefit, therefore they lose out. This is the reason I keep arguing, you seem to be missing this distinction entirely.

AlbqOwl said:
You keep trotting out the same tired arguments. All points already have been made and answered.

Hey, when you stop claiming gays and straights have equal marriage rights, I'll stop arguing.

Enola/Alone said:
Lucky devil!

My wife would agree!!! LOL

Damn...I'm just glad I didn't get a higher score, I mean how would that look? A lesbian who's homophobic?
I might as well just turn in my "Eat-Bush-Not-Lies" card. My Toaster would be taken back, and my membership perminantly revoked....

JustineCredible said:
My wife would agree!!! LOL

Damn...I'm just glad I didn't get a higher score, I mean how would that look? A lesbian who's homophobic?
I might as well just turn in my "Eat-Bush-Not-Lies" card. My Toaster would be taken back, and my membership perminantly revoked....

I had a friend like that once, just watching him gave me migraines. I got a four, which I'm glad of, otherwise they might have reposessed my Doc Martins and flannel shirts. :D

Where does that sterotype come from anyway?

Enola/Alone said:
I had a friend like that once, just watching him gave me migraines. I got a four, which I'm glad of, otherwise they might have reposessed my Doc Martins and flannel shirts. :D

Where does that sterotype come from anyway?

Stupid men who jealously think all lesbian/dykes dress like the men they only wish they could be!!

OMG that reminds me, I better have my wife take that one...I can just see the fight over her jump boots now!!

JustineCredible said:
Stupid men who jealously think all lesbian/dykes dress like the men they only wish they could be!!

OMG that reminds me, I better have my wife take that one...I can just see the fight over her jump boots now!!

How arrogant is that? You either have to fancy them, or want to be one! Ayia....:roll:

Hey, be careful, boots can be dangerous weapons. Keep 'um on the ground. :2razz:

Enola/Alone said:
How arrogant is that? You either have to fancy them, or want to be one! Ayia....:roll:

Hey, be careful, boots can be dangerous weapons. Keep 'um on the ground. :2razz:

:lol: I was going to say "'fancy them'? Who the hell says...." Then I realized where you were from. Carry on my Brit friend.

Enola/Alone said:

Hey, someone's gotta carry the PRIDE! banner, right?

Kelzie said:
:lol: I was going to say "'fancy them'? Who the hell says...." Then I realized where you were from. Carry on my Brit friend.

:lol: I also say "cheerio" and "cuppa tea". I'm thinking of bringing out a spoken word album to share my British idioms with the world!

Enola/Alone said:
:lol: I also say "cheerio" and "cuppa tea". I'm thinking of bringing out a spoken word album to share my British idioms with the world!

Ha ha. Cheerio. I love it. Do you say mum too?

JustineCredible said:
Hey, someone's gotta carry the PRIDE! banner, right?

You know it, Save a hand for that, and a hand for the boots, and you life will have acheived perfect balance. :mrgreen:

Kelzie said:
Ha ha. Cheerio. I love it. Do you say mum too?

Yep, and we have to call teachers Sir and Ma'am. It's madness!

Enola/Alone said:
Yep, and we have to call teachers Sir and Ma'am. It's madness!

Craziness! :shock: Its like it's a different country or something....

Kelzie said:
Craziness! :shock: Its like it's a different country or something....

:2razz: I know, you'd hardly even notice we're the the 51st state. Unless you listen to Bliar of course, which I don't.

Enola, before I sign off, I just wanted to say thanks for at least debating the subject without flaming. We probably won't agree on this issue because I am as committed to my point of view as you are yours.

But hey as one Scot to another, I bet we could find other areas we could even agree on. As much as Scots can agree. :smile:

AlbqOwl said:
Enola, before I sign off, I just wanted to say thanks for at least debating the subject without flaming. We probably won't agree on this issue because I am as committed to my point of view as you are yours.

But hey as one Scot to another, I bet we could find other areas we could even agree on. As much as Scots can agree. :smile:

I was certainly fun interesting debating with you, and if you're Scottish and you read Frost (I love Frost! :D) I'm sure you're right on that one.

Back
Top Bottom