• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you a Baptist?

Are you a Baptist?

• Total voters
You thought wrong...as you do about a lot of things...stop thinking...

I could almost swear that you'd said you used to be a catholic.
But of course.....I don't want to be bothered looking for that.

I could almost swear that you'd said you used to be a catholic.
But of course.....I don't want to be bothered looking for that.
Like I said...stop thinking...it's not doing you justice...

I have heard a lot of talk about "southern Baptists". Are they that different ideologically from other kinds of Baptists, or just that they live geographically in the south?
There seem to be Northern Baptists also:

Historical Differences between Northern and Southern Baptist​

Once upon a time I knew a member of the C of E who had become a Baptist.
That was the first time when I heard the word "Baptist".

so not a single republican poster FROM THE US on this site is a Baptist?

or maybe people are afraid to say????

14 out of 15 say: No

I was baptized in the Methodist church, but I'm an atheist.

Same for me, but I converted to Christianity at an evangelical church that does not believe in baptizing babies. So I was baptized twice.

Was brought up fire and brimstone Southern Baptist until the age of 11, also went to Southern Methodist at times, switched to/baptized Lutheran; am an atheist.

I have never heard of being "baptized Lutheran." People are not baptized into denominations; only being a Christian is what matters for that ceremony,.

I have never heard of being "baptized Lutheran."
You have now 'cause I was "baptized Lutheran" 'Christian.' I remember it like it was yesterday. Pastor sprinkled while saying "I baptize Thee in the name of The Father, The Son, The Holy Ghost, and Martin Luther."

Last edited:
You have now 'cause I was "baptized Lutheran" 'Christian.' I remember it like it was yesterday. Pastor sprinkled while saying "I baptize Thee in the name of The Father, The Son, The Holy Ghost, and Martin Luther."

I don't believe that for one second. As Christians, Lutherans obviously do not believe their founder is a fourth Person of God.

I don't believe that for one second. As Christians, Lutherans obviously do not believe their founder is a fourth Person of God.
I was there. You weren't. Aren't you always telling others to not question/dismiss what you have "personally" experienced?

Nope.

Worked at a Christian school that was in a Baptist church at one point.

The stories I could tell 😂

For example: those folks hung lists on the wall with how much individuals tithed/who hadn’t tithed.

A-maz-ing. I had never seen anything like that before or since.

But also some of the kindest and nicest people I’ve ever met. And LOTS of food. They seemed to always have some sort of shower, party, wedding, social event on weekends and there would be SO much food on Mondays.

I was there. You weren't. Aren't you always telling others to not question/dismiss what you have "personally" experienced?

It just does not make any sense.

You are referring to Dragonfly trying to force me to reveal private information about myself and my family, which nobody would feel comfortable doing.

It just does not make any sense.

You are referring to Dragonfly trying to force me to reveal private information about myself and my family, which nobody would feel comfortable doing.
I have no idea what you are referencing as to DF or revealing private info - which I would never advocate anyone to do in an anonymous chat room. I'm only talking about your posts in which you have put forth your personal experiences with your God, and telling others not to question/dismiss those anecdotal experiences. Just like you summarily dismissed my personal experience at the Lutheran Church I attended in my youth.

Back
Top Bottom