• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are whites being targeted?

So they’re just afraid of being called racist despite the overwhelmingness of your data.

Wow. Conservatives are complete chicken****s.

People in general are, it’s one reason people didn’t stand up to Hitler in the early days. Or why leftists didn’t stand up to McCarthyism, they were afraid of being labeled a communist if they spoke up about the false labeling. Dems have a good political scare tactic going right now.

People in general are, it’s one reason people didn’t stand up to Hitler in the early days. Or why leftists didn’t stand up to McCarthyism, they were afraid of being labeled a communist if they spoke up about the false labeling. Dems have a good political scare tactic going right now.

I want to hear more about your Hitler theory, please.

PLEASE.

ANYTHING to avoid engaging the OP?

Dude. YOu just stated that people didn’t stand up to Hitler because they were afraid of being called racist.

There is literally nothing else you’re gonna say that I’ll be remotely interested in until you expand on that. Because...holy god I wanna hear this.

Dude. YOu just stated that people didn’t stand up to Hitler because they were afraid of being called racist.

There is literally nothing else you’re gonna say that I’ll be remotely interested in until you expand on that. Because...holy god I wanna hear this.

No I didn’t, reread it. I was referring to be afraid, people in general are.

The bottom line is that white people are generally indifferent to the fact that police shoot and kill white suspects and black people are not indifferent to police shooting and killing black suspects.

We are NOT indifferent to the police shooting whites and we do Not riot over it. We support the police. We know that the perpetrators are responsible for what happens when it's a white subject who will not follow simple orders, resists the police, and attacks them putting the cops' lives in danger.

Unlike you leftist liberals who continually take the side of the the crimminal and vilify the police for doing their job.

Yea, but you need some kind of reasoning as to why I might be misusing them.

I think the assumptions built in to my theory are normal and reasonable. And to be expected n large numbers.

In other words, if group x commits much more violent crime, it’s reasonable to assume Many more violent encounters with cops, resulting in many more deaths. And the numbers would be close to proportionate.

If you disagree with such an obvious assumption, I think the burden would be upon you to explain why.

The reasoning would be the obvious: to further an agenda. Not saying that you actually have one, but such would be the reason to manipulate the perception of the data. Aside from the fact that "normal" and "reasonable" (when normal isn't being used in the statistical context) are subjective values, just because you think your assumptions are such, does not mean others do.

You also seem to be looking in relative snapshot and not long period trend. Are these rates climbing or falling? Has this disproportion always existed, or is it a new trend? Are there other factors to consider such as are urban areas seeing a larger disproportion than rural areas, or vice versa?

Overall, I am not agreeing nor disagree with your assumptions and assertions. Merely pointing out that statistics need to be viewed in such a way as to ensure the bias is minimized. From my example, including in the presentation of the data that only two countries were involved would go a long way to minimizing the bias.

Either strawman or misreading on your part. Simpletruther did nothing to indicate that racism was the fear the silence was based upon.

The reasoning would be the obvious: to further an agenda. Not saying that you actually have one, but such would be the reason to manipulate the perception of the data. Aside from the fact that "normal" and "reasonable" (when normal isn't being used in the statistical context) are subjective values, just because you think your assumptions are such, does not mean others do.

You also seem to be looking in relative snapshot and not long period trend. Are these rates climbing or falling? Has this disproportion always existed, or is it a new trend? Are there other factors to consider such as are urban areas seeing a larger disproportion than rural areas, or vice versa?

Overall, I am not agreeing nor disagree with your assumptions and assertions. Merely pointing out that statistics need to be viewed in such a way as to ensure the bias is minimized. From my example, including in the presentation of the data that only two countries were involved would go a long way to minimizing the bias.

But I didn’t manipulate anything. These numbers are what they are, and my assumptions, (reread them) are highly reasonable, it’s what any statistician would predict from those numbers without further info.

If you disagree, explain. I can t see a valid reason to disagree.

It isn’t subjective either, it’s what can be objectivity predicted by statistical probability given the numbers, all ease equal.

Now, yes, there could be other factors that cause this prediction to be wrong,, but this is exactly what a statistician would predict if that was all of his data.

So without some compelling reason to think otherwise, We should go with the numbers.

We are NOT indifferent to the police shooting whites and we do Not riot over it. We support the police. We know that the perpetrators are responsible for what happens when it's a white subject who will not follow simple orders, resists the police, and attacks them putting the cops' lives in danger.

Unlike you leftist liberals who continually take the side of the the crimminal and vilify the police for doing their job.

The problem comes when you get cops shooting people who are not resisting or attacking or disobeying orders. Breonna Taylor was shot while sleeping, before she could even wake up, yet alone comply with orders, simple or otherwise. The problems are not limited to those resisting.

The problem comes when you get cops shooting people who are not resisting or attacking or disobeying orders. Breonna Taylor was shot while sleeping, before she could even wake up, yet alone comply with orders, simple or otherwise. The problems are not limited to those resisting.

You just cited an extremely rare situation. Cops justifiably dealing with bad guys is really what has DEMONRATS panties in a knot.

You just cited an extremely rare situation. Cops justifiably dealing with bad guys is really what has DEMONRATS panties in a knot.

I gave the specific one that first popped into mind, but we are seeing these all over the place. The kids that got put on the hot pavement, the boy that got arrested for a toy gun in his own home, the list goes on. I am not dismissing the one who are resisting, but they are not the majority of what we are seeing lately, insofar as what is being objected to. And then when we see white guys actively disobeying and even spitting on cops, no action being taken. That is the disparity being protested.

I gave the specific one that first popped into mind, but we are seeing these all over the place. The kids that got put on the hot pavement, the boy that got arrested for a toy gun in his own home, the list goes on. I am not dismissing the one who are resisting, but they are not the majority of what we are seeing lately, insofar as what is being objected to. And then when we see white guys actively disobeying and even spitting on cops, no action being taken. That is the disparity being protested.

These are isolated anecdotes. It’s irrational to base a view of the big picture on this, unless the numbers become overwhelming.

I doubt it. But the crime stats support that theory more than the theory of targeting blacks.

Given that blacks commit a mind blowing 5 times more murders, yet are only killed in dangerous encounters with cops at about 3 times the rate of whites. It certainly appears cops are either targeting whites more, or, being extra careful when confronted with blacks not to make a bad kill (because of fear of being labeled racist killer if they make a mistake).
The second theory makes more sense. Despite a few exceptions, it looks like cops are going the extra mile to avoid killing blacks, while not being as careful with whites, resulting in an out of proportion killing of more whites.

FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 6

ANy more thoughts? Counter arguments?

I doubt it. But the crime stats support that theory more than the theory of targeting blacks.

Given that blacks commit a mind blowing 5 times more murders, yet are only killed in dangerous encounters with cops at about 3 times the rate of whites. It certainly appears cops are either targeting whites more, or, being extra careful when confronted with blacks not to make a bad kill (because of fear of being labeled racist killer if they make a mistake).
The second theory makes more sense. Despite a few exceptions, it looks like cops are going the extra mile to avoid killing blacks, while not being as careful with whites, resulting in an out of proportion killing of more whites.

FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 6
Bump for facts instead of narrative.

Back
Top Bottom