• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are soup cans protected under the 2nd Amendment?

I'm torn on soup as a weapon of choice during a zombie apocalypse however. Would you rather have a meal or kill a few zombies? I suppose if you're careful you could do both, but eventually you'll run out of weapons if you eat them all.

I think in terms of the strict Constitutionalists, "Arms" would be limited to those recognized by the founding fathers....muskets and bayonets. I'm not sure if soup came in cans then....probably not.

Eh no. But we can debate that elsewhere and not derail this thread.

I'm torn on soup as a weapon of choice during a zombie apocalypse however. Would you rather have a meal or kill a few zombies? I suppose if you're careful you could do both, but eventually you'll run out of weapons if you eat them all.

Split pea seems to be the soup of choice for demonic possessions. Maybe it’ll work with zombies too.

0e273acc36911450d2508817b1df140c.jpg

When last I checked, I bore two arms -- a right arm and a left arm. As far as I've been able to determine, I do not need a state permit to carry. There also appears to be no restrictions applicable in transporting them across state lines.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

The 2nd Amendment is rather vague as to what constitutes and "arm".

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

So if people choose to use soup cans as a weapon, can such cans be banned?

Inspiration: https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1300909465412091906

Seriously, a weapon that doubles as food for the family? Surely those cannot be illegal.

Yeah we are going to require background checks now for chicken noodle.

If you buy too many cans of soup during a single visit, will DHS and ATF be notified?

#AllStatesOfMatterMatter

Well, not that anyone would fill a soup can with a gas, but if they did, it would not be as effective since most gases are very low density.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Seriously, a weapon that doubles as food for the family? Surely those cannot be illegal.

Trump is an idiot.. what does this say about his supporters?

This is what the gop supports. A lunatic. Any lie that includes the words anarchists, radical left or rioters, the right sucks it up like it's their life's blood.

[video=youtube;mJLXFWSuoCQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJLXFWSuoCQ[video]

Are you saying Trump wants to ban bearing soup?

Yes, I would say the constitution is clearly means that all arms are protected, be they guns, knives or blunt objects. Assaulting people with those arms is not. Preparing to assault people is not. If someone had a bag of guns at a protest with the likelyhood they planned to use to assault people, they should also be prevented.

Last edited:
Can a can of soup be frozen?

Water expands when frozen. Technically you can freeze it, but prepare for a possible mess and don't eat it when you thaw it....

A buddy of mine made this graphic.

soup.jpg

Lol, really? Or is that your opinion?

Its the literal definition of the word. When the constitution was enacted people could and did own a the most powerful weapons systems of the day which would have been a warship. They were usually hired by congress under letter or marque to hunt pirates and enemy shipping.

Clearly soup is a dangerous weapon. You should need your ID to prove you're over 21 to purchase, and the cans need to be locked in a soup safe when not in use, for the safety of children in the home.

What does that say about his outsmarted opponents?

That worked the first time because nobody knew he would find a way to actually be worse at this than they thought Hilldawg would be.

Now the cat is out of the bag.

Sean Penn proved the efficacy of a pillowcase full of canned soda in the 1983 movie "Bad Boys".

Leaving aside the irony for a moment, since practically any object can be turned into a weapon or at least be used to deadly effect, no none of this should be regulated. You can crack someone's skull open and kill them throwing a can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup, a brick or a decorative river stone at them. That does not mean soup cans, bricks or river stones should be made illegal and/or regulated. You and some friends could hold someone down and stuff their mouth and throat full of cotton swabs or Styrofoam packing peanuts until they asphyxiate, but that does not mean cotton swabs or packing peanuts should be made illegal or heavily regulated on the off-chance of that occurring.

The only thing that matters is if someone is carrying around objects evidencing a clear intent to cause harm and, of course, if they use such objects enacting such harm.

Last edited:

25th Amendment, please.

Back
Top Bottom