• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Pizza Hawaii and Toast Hawaii racist?

• Pizza Hawaii is racist

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Toast Hawaii is racist

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Pizza Hawaii is NOT racist

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Toast Hawaii is NOT racist

Votes: 18 85.7%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Here in Germany those politically over-correct people have found two new victims: Pizza Hawaii and Toast Hawaii.

They should be re-named "Pizza with pine-apple" and "Toast with pine-apple" - else this food is racist.

I wonder who started this idea.

Somebody in the US?

Hmm . . . I'm kind of lost here, Rumpel (a common occurrence). How can the name of a U.S. state be "racist"?
Good question! :)

Here you must ask those politically correct people in Germany.
I am none of them.

Hmm . . . I'm kind of lost here, Rumpel (a common occurrence). How can the name of a U.S. state be "racist"?
No one should be eating it anyway - it's cultural appropriation to do so. Well, of course the Hawaiians would be allowed to eat them.

I don't even know what Toast Hawaii is...not sure we have that in America.

But I dunno why a food or a US state would be considered racist.

I don't even know what Toast Hawaii is. But I dunno why a food or a US state would be considered racist.
Toast_Hawaii_RZ.jpg

Gatsby, I think they are foods sprinkled with pineapple chunks.

The "racist" label must be because they are confusing "Hawaii," meaning the state, with "Hawaiian," meaning the native people.

What about italian sausage? Mongolian beef? Peking Duck? Korean barbecue? Thai basil? German potato salad? Hungarian goulash? Polish sausage?

Silly thread.
It may be silly but that's just how far this PC crap has gone.

No one should be eating it anyway - it's cultural appropriation to do so. Well, of course the Hawaiians would be allowed to eat them.
Yes - this food is a grave case of cultural appropriation! :)

What about italian sausage? Mongolian beef? Peking Duck? Korean barbecue? Thai basil? German potato salad? Hungarian goulash? Polish sausage?

Silly thread.
It is not this thread that is silly.
Those politically over-correct people are.
It is not MY opinion that this food is racist.

Here in Germany those politically over-correct people have found two new victims: Pizza Hawaii and Toast Hawaii.

They should be re-named "Pizza with pine-apple" and "Toast with pine-apple" - else this food is racist.

I wonder who started this idea.

Somebody in the US?
Not racist at all .. In fact, the term racist has become over-used (at least in the United States) with various meanings and typically translates into "something I don't like or agree with." Other related terms include Nazi or Nazism -- usually triggered by those who are over-sensitive or political correctness or afraid of offending someone.

US-centric more than racist I would say. Of the US states, Hawaii is the most likely to grow pineapples.

By market production it's probably California actually. But I'm hardly going to divide pineapples by state GDP just for this thread.

Pineapples don't impress me. So much preparation for a flesh which is mostly sugar. I like mangoes better.

Here is some info about the Hawaii Toast:

I only learned of Toast Hawaii a few months ago, during a bout of insomnia-driven internet browsing. Look at this thing! White bread, topped with ham and a pineapple ring, and cheese, like a proto-Hawaiian pizza. Indeed, Toast Hawaii appears to predate Hawaiian pizza by about seven years, having been brought into the world by German television chef Clemens Wilmenrod in 1955. It’s even topped with a bright red clown nose cherry! It looks All-American, but this quick-prep snack is an iconic bit of German cuisine.

More: https://news.critiki.com/2017/07/17/toast-hawaii/

Here you can see the Hawaii Toast :)

Back
Top Bottom