• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AR-15 Rifles: The instruments of slaughter & murder in America

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The trial of the hateful liar Alex Jones got me to thinking about how the gun wackos get extremely upset when the term "slaughter" is used in reference to mass murders in a very short period of time by a shooter wielding an assault-style rifle. '

Let's take a look at the definition to see if the term slaughter applies. Here is a sample definition that I found numerous times in a Google search of different dictionary definitions: "to kill a large number of people indiscriminately".

Now let's take a look at some of the AR-15 mass murder events of the past 10 years or so:
he following is a partial list of when an AR-15-style weapon was used in a mass shooting:

• Feb. 14, 2018: Shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Florida leaves 17 people dead.
  • Oct. 1, 2017: The Las Vegas slaughter of 58 people.
  • Nov. 5, 2017: The Sutherland Springs, Texas, church shooting that claimed 26 lives.
  • June 12, 2016: The Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, Fla., that left 49 dead.
  • Dec. 2, 2015: The San Bernardino, Calif., shooting that killed 14 people.
  • Dec. 14, 2012: The shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut that took 27 lives.

And thus it sure looks like the term "slaughter" can apply to the events listed above, given that they are indeed "indiscriminate" killings since, in almost all cases, the murderer did not know the victims. I suppose that the gun wackos will complain that a "large number" of people were not killed, but I would have to ask them how many murders in a very short time with an assault-style rifle they would need in order to verify that it was a "slaughter".
To me, the killings of 27, 14, 49, 26, 58, and 17 sure seems like a "large number" given that these people were living normal lives up until the second before the slaughter began. The only question is when the next slaughter by AR-15 will happen, and how many will be murdered then.

The trial of the hateful liar Alex Jones got me to thinking about how the gun wackos get extremely upset when the term "slaughter" is used in reference to mass murders in a very short period of time by a shooter wielding an assault-style rifle. '

Let's take a look at the definition to see if the term slaughter applies. Here is a sample definition that I found numerous times in a Google search of different dictionary definitions: "to kill a large number of people indiscriminately".

Now let's take a look at some of the AR-15 mass murder events of the past 10 years or so:
he following is a partial list of when an AR-15-style weapon was used in a mass shooting:

• Feb. 14, 2018: Shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Florida leaves 17 people dead.
  • Nov. 5, 2017: The Sutherland Springs, Texas, church shooting that claimed 26 lives.
  • June 12, 2016: The Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, Fla., that left 49 dead.
  • Dec. 14, 2012: The shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut that took 27 lives.
H

And thus it sure looks like the term "slaughter" can apply to the events listed above, given that they are indeed "indiscriminate" killings since, in almost all cases, the murderer did not know the victims. I suppose that the gun wackos will complain that a "large number" of people were not killed, but I would have to ask them how many murders in a very short time with an assault-style rifle they would need in order to verify that it was a "slaughter".
To me, the killings of 27, 14, 49, 26, 58, and 17 sure seems like a "large number" given that these people were living normal lives up until the second before the slaughter began. The only question is when the next slaughter by AR-15 will happen, and how many will be murdered then.
Hmm, over 20 million AR-15 rifles in the US and you have to go back 10 years to find 6 instances of misuse. Big fail for you.

And yet when the entire data set for murders is examined rifles of all times account for about 5% of the total. Facts are stubborn things.

And yet when the entire data set for murders is examined rifles of all times account for about 5% of the total. Facts are stubborn things.

The question that you have never answered honestly: why would a mass murderer use an AR-15 as his weapon of choice?

Define a AR-15 style rifle exactly. And then we can discuss what to do about them.

The question that you have never answered honestly: why would a mass murderer use an AR-15 as his weapon of choice?
Ask it that way - and I'll continue to not answer. "never answered honestly"? I think i you examine all shootings classified as "mass" you'd might find that AR's aren't the prime weapon.
Answer honestly: do you think if we somehow made all AR's disappear mass shootings would end?

Define a AR-15 style rifle exactly. And then we can discuss what to do about them.

The point of this thread is that when I have used the term “slaughter” in the past to define the mass murder of a large number of people with an AR-15, the gun apologists immediately get all bent out of shape about it, while I see it as a perfectly appropriate term.

Ask it that way - and I'll continue to not answer. "never answered honestly"? I think i you examine all shootings classified as "mass" you'd might find that AR's aren't the prime weapon.
Answer honestly: do you think if we somehow made all AR's disappear mass shootings would end?

So you refuse to answer my perfectly appropriate question and yer demand that I answer yours. That’s quite a double-standard you have.

So you refuse to answer my perfectly appropriate question and yer demand that I answer yours. That’s quite a double-standard you have.
Done intentionally. You've been served.

The point of this thread is that when I have used the term “slaughter” in the past to define the mass murder of a large number of people with an AR-15, the gun apologists immediately get all bent out of shape about it, while I see it as a perfectly appropriate term.
Probably because a shotgun with buckshot would create as much slaughter but you want to concentrate on only a specific weapon which is illogical and so only meant to inflame.

Probably because a shotgun with buckshot would create as much slaughter but you want to concentrate on only a specific weapon which is illogical and so only meant to inflame.

How many mass murders have been committed with shotguns in the past decade? This thread is about assault style weapons because of the list and the casualties in the OP.

How many mass murders have been committed with shotguns in the past decade? This thread is about assault style weapons because of the list and the casualties in the OP.
The majority of mass murders are done with handguns.

I guess you had to list those, simply wasn't enough room to list all the dead in Chicago, huh!

Here’s the difference: How long did it take the murderer at VA Tech to kill the victims as opposed to how long it takes a murderer using an AR-15, which typically is just a few minutes, if that long.

Pistols have the same firing rate and near the same magazine capacity as an Ar-15.

Ban guns, let's just use other means of killing. They're not as effective. Guns were made to be very effective. I'd rather our criminals kill the old fashioned way, I stand a better chance of thwarting them that way.
Make America Great Again!! And less Deadly!!

Almost 200 people were killed in just 6 incidents using the AR-15 (see the OP).
The pulse shootings weren't done with an AR-15 style weapon.
Federal officials said a SIG Sauer MCX semi-automatic rifle and a 9mm Glock 17 semi-automatic pistol were recovered from Mateen's body,

Quote these people getting all bent out of shape by your use of the term "slaughter".

I have never seen anyone get upset let alone extremely upset if you use the word slaughter to describe what happened in a mass shooting.
Can you link to someone getting upset that you used that word.

I am sure you are not just making this up right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom