• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Appeals court denies Michael Flynn and Justice Department's effort to end his case

Well this isnt true..

The issue, as it has been, is that there was no case against Flynn for being a Russian agent.
Or against Page.
Or against Trump.
Yet they were all investigated.

Of course there was a case. Just because you lie to yourself doesnt mean there wasnt Case.

I expect that we’ll see a lot more of this kind of post now.

Trumpsters don’t understand much about the world, and they need the sort of simple cartoon explanations that Trump always made up for them.

I have been asking for four years, but not a single Trumpster ever took up my challenge to describe who the “deep state” is, or what “the swamp” is.

Not once.

But the bobble heads all go up and down in chorus at the mention of either meaningless phrase.

Years ago back when Newt Gingrich was Speaker of the House I was listening to a presser. Newt was asked a question and replied, “You don’t mess with the Big Boys.” Of course I wondered at that time who the Big Boys were.

The Big Boys are what conservatives today call the Swamp. It is a combination of many different people and groups; the government bureaucracy, the military industrial complex, the pharmaceutical industry, the weaponized FBI And IRS under Obama and the alphabet agencies such as the CIA and NSA.The people you care not mess with if you wish to have a long and profitable career in Washington D.C.

Remember when Schumer warned Trump about the intel agencies which are part of the Deep State.

Flynn lied to the FBI about his calls to the Russian ambassador in an effort to quash a U.N. resolution on Israeli settlements in exchange for backing-off US sanctions against Russia, which such call is a national security threat. That's illegal. That is one thing that Flynn was convicted for.

What right did the FBI have to know details about international tactics under consideration by the incoming Trump administration on U.N. resolutions Involving Israel?

Muelller's team was trying to get Flynn to flip on Trump and perhaps even to compose a damaging story that could help impeach Trump.

In my opinion the FBI was playing the “Show me the man and I will find you the crime” game.

I have challenged Trumpsters for four years to define the “deep state”, who it is, where it’s secret headquarters is, etc.

EVERY time, EVERY SINGLE TIME, they run away.

When I ask them to name “swamp creatures”, they name whoever Trump is tweeting about at the moment.

Of course, there are communities of powerful interests and powerful people.

You can inform yourself about who these people are, what businesss interests they hold, whether and where they put their money in politics, which politicians they back, and so forth.

Or you can take the lazy way out, and attribute everything you don’t know about to some mysterious all knowing, all seeing, secret force, called the “Deep State”, or the Bilderbergers, or the Council of Foreign Relations ,or the Tri Lateral Society, or the Learned Elders of Zion. which in the right wing reactionary mind, are more or less interchangable.

Except it's not even "your opinion" it's bat**** wingnut propaganda manufactured for you by right wing media sources to protect the president at all costs. It's also not even remotely real.

The DOJ prosecuted this case. Assuming you are correct, they convinced the defendant to perjure himself. Your premise means they knew he was not guilty. That is not how plea deals work. The prosecutor is not allowed to offer a deal to a defendant and charge him for a crime everyone knows he did not commit. There must be guilt and the prosecutor must have evidence of that fact. If the prosecutors knew Flynn was not guilty and they allowed him to allocute falsely, that is evidence of suborning perjury. Someone has to answer for that.

This idea that the AG can just step in right before sentencing and say "Oh, never mind. The DOJ has changed its mind," without some accountability is outrageous.

Until January 20th at noon, Flynn was a private citizen, and as such he had no authority to speak on the behalf of the U.S. government. In fact, there is a specific law that prohibits private citizens from negotiating with foreign governments contrary to U.S. foreign policy. That is exactly what Flynn was doing. He was essentially telling the Russians "Just chill for now, as soon as Trump is in, we'll reverse all those sanctions and you can carry on as before." The Russians agreed to Flynn's suggestion, as they did not retaliate as they would have normally.

Intel intercept operators heard these conversations and this info was passed on to the FBI. When the FBI asked Flynn if he had been in touch with any foreign government agents Flynn denied it. Why would he do that? After about three weeks, Trump fired Flynn, more than likely because Flynn was now a political liability for the new administration.

Trump told FBI director Comey to back off the Flynn-Russia angle, and when Comey refused, Trump fired Comey. Trump stated this publicly in an interview with Lester Holt.

I don't believe Flynn acted on his own initiative. I suspect he was directed by higher ups, possibly Trump himself, to reach out to the Russians. When the whole thing blew up in their faces, Flynn was the fall guy. Flynn has remained loyal to Trump throughout his ordeal, and AG Barr's decision to drop the case, insisting that Flynn be allowed to withdraw his guilty plea, recant his allocution and simply walk away is Flynn's reward.

If Flynn is ultimately sentenced, Trump will commute his sentence. He will not pardon him, because to do so would strip him of his 5th amendment protections. Commutation allows Flynn to refuse to testify.

Last edited:

[
He said Russia should not overreact to the expulsions. There was no discussion about the sanctions.

Talking with foreign governments was a part of his job.

Trump told FBI director Comey to back off the Flynn-Russia angle, and when Comey refused, Trump fired Comey. Trump stated this publicly in an interview with Lester Holt.

Not entirely accurate. But in any event, we now know there was no "Flynn-Russia" angle.

We have known for about three years that the campaign had directed Flynn to talk to the Russians. It was part of his job.
We have the transcript of the conversation-- even Comey said there was nothing illegal or of a counter-intelligence threat.

If Flynn is ultimately sentenced, Trump will commute his sentence. He will not pardon him, because to do so would strip him of his 5th amendment protections. Commutation allows Flynn to refuse to testify.

Nothing for Flynn to testify about.

Except it's not even "your opinion" it's bat**** wingnut propaganda manufactured for you by right wing media sources to protect the president at all costs. It's also not even remotely real.

According to the right wing news there is a possibility that the Durham investigation will lead to the indictment of a number of people who abused their powers during the Trump/Putin collusion investigation.

Now let’s not forget how TOTALLY WRONG your wonderful liberal media was about what the results of the Mueller investigation would be and how correct the news was from right wing sources that Mueller would find little or nothing.

What would be outrageous is a judge who would be the prosecutor.

The fantasy alt-right media has cooked up for you is a cool strory bro. Totally not reality based unfortunately.

The fantasy alt-right media has cooked up for you is a cool strory bro. Totally not reality based unfortunately.

Of course the breathless nightly predictions from the liberal media about the collusion the Mueller investigation would find between Trump and Putin were not fantasy?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…