• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone know anything good around Atlanta

Helen, GA is a German style village in the north part of the state and is replay pretty cool. Stone Mountain does either fireworks or a laser light show at night in the summer, plus it’s a decent hike.

Dammit!!! You beat me to it!!

"What'll ya have!"

My first wife's older sister is married to an Atlanta broadcasting legend, former NBC reporter Kenley Jones.
He used to go fishing all the time with his buddy Tom Brokaw.
When Linda took me down to Atlanta to meet the fam I got the super-deluxe tour of all of it, including The Varsity Grill.

hqdefault.jpg

I learned about the Varsity from Lewis Grizzard, an old humor columnist from the AJC. He's been gone for many years, but I still love reading his old columns.

Oh, and Check - (put in spoiler tags to not deflect from the thread)

I haven't gotten back to you yet on that other issue because I had to order a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable, to hook the camera up to the PC. Seems to record really well, but I can't verify that it records without the info on the screen until I can actually hook it up to the computer. And both the Nikon and the Canon both have recording capability in 1080p, and our friend, we believe, has a switcher. We may get out of this with only a $10 cable from Amazon.

Helen, GA is a German style village in the north part of the state and is replay pretty cool. Stone Mountain does either fireworks or a laser light show at night in the summer, plus it’s a decent hike.

Helen is a lot of fun. Cool place to be, and when you first start to go up that final leg to Helen, there's a fabulous little coffee shop on the left, sitting in a copse of trees.

Stone Mountain is of a singular taste. I would not go there personally - too much Confederate yeehaw bullshit - but some people like it.

Kinda stuck here for a while, and I most def think I'm allergic, or the stat is allergic to me. Got almost laid off, promoted and forced to move here, wifey still in TX going back in August, but it's been a ride. Came in Sept, left in Nov, Came back 2 weeks ago to find my apartment was flooded by a leak 3 FLOORS UP, to find my:
Serta Sleeper Bed Stolen
Power Base stolen
Drone gone
Batteries for drone gone
Clothes mildewed
Cast Iron gone
Rice cooker, gone
Can opener gone
Stand mixer gone
Other various nicnacks gone...
And me, here in this state alone till aug. (she was going to come with me, but then got offered a huge portion of stock, I have to come back because I owe 10K if I quit/fired before July 2023 (drops to half in July22)

So, that sad sop of a story aside, anyone know cool stuff in GA to do??
This article will help you if you want to meet an NBA player...

The best thing about Atlanta is that it's wayyyyyy the hell over there.

Helen is a lot of fun. Cool place to be, and when you first start to go up that final leg to Helen, there's a fabulous little coffee shop on the left, sitting in a copse of trees.

Stone Mountain is of a singular taste. I would not go there personally - too much Confederate yeehaw bullshit - but some people like it.
There’s a great golf course in Helen that I got to play once and would love to go back.

The aquarium is OK, maybe catch a Braves game. One thing you don't want to miss is The Varsity. It's a little drive-in type restaurant near Georgia Tech, and it has the best chili dawgs on the planet.
What'll ya have? What'll ya have?

There’s a great golf course in Helen that I got to play once and would love to go back.
Helen is that one, I saw it on google maps looking up stuff to see that's like over the top German right? I really need to check it out.

Helen is that one, I saw it on google maps looking up stuff to see that's like over the top German right? I really need to check it out.
Yeah, they do a big Oktoberfest thing every year. Really cool place.

Kinda stuck here for a while, and I most def think I'm allergic, or the stat is allergic to me. Got almost laid off, promoted and forced to move here, wifey still in TX going back in August, but it's been a ride. Came in Sept, left in Nov, Came back 2 weeks ago to find my apartment was flooded by a leak 3 FLOORS UP, to find my:
Serta Sleeper Bed Stolen
Power Base stolen
Drone gone
Batteries for drone gone
Clothes mildewed
Cast Iron gone
Rice cooker, gone
Can opener gone
Stand mixer gone
Other various nicnacks gone...
And me, here in this state alone till aug. (she was going to come with me, but then got offered a huge portion of stock, I have to come back because I owe 10K if I quit/fired before July 2023 (drops to half in July22)

So, that sad sop of a story aside, anyone know cool stuff in GA to do??
Heirloom barbecue

Almost forgot, Plains, GA is a few hours south and the home of Jimmy Carter. It’s a small town but kind of interesting in a presidential history kind of way to see where a former President got his start.

Have you been to the Buford Highway Farmers Market? THAT PLACE IS AMAZING.
Yes, but it's been 15 years or so. Glad to hear it's still around.

45 bucks after taxes, but ticket bought I'll be there Saturday at the Aquarium, and maybe for lunch try that Varsity place :) Thank you all.

45 bucks after taxes, but ticket bought I'll be there Saturday at the Aquarium, and maybe for lunch try that Varsity place :) Thank you all.
my one try at the varsity was disappointing
how difficult it must be to ruin a damned hot dog ... but that place managed to do so. school lunch room fare was better

however, Antico pizza was great. try it if you get the chance

Having breakfast at the Atlanta breakast club20220507_082323.jpg

Back
Top Bottom