• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Any Parkinson's patients or caregivers here?

TheParser

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
A relative recently got very low blood pressure, presumably because of the Parkinson's meds, which are known to have many side effects, including low blood pressure.

He just sat there with his eyes closed and yawned several times. I literally yelled at him to wake up. He opened his eyes and stared at me. This occurred for two or three minutes. I thought he was dying. So I called 911. They arrived promptly, but by then he had woken up from his "trance" and had walked to his bedroom unaided and without falling down.

The paramedics took his blood pressure: 60.

Does anyone have any advice on how to counter severe blood pressure presumably caused by his Parkinson's meds? (Do compression socks help?)

How do you deal with those "trances" that they are liable to go into at any time? It's terrifying.

Thank you

A relative recently got very low blood pressure, presumably because of the Parkinson's meds, which are known to have many side effects, including low blood pressure.

He just sat there with his eyes closed and yawned several times. I literally yelled at him to wake up. He opened his eyes and stared at me. This occurred for two or three minutes. I thought he was dying. So I called 911. They arrived promptly, but by then he had woken up from his "trance" and had walked to his bedroom unaided and without falling down.

The paramedics took his blood pressure: 60.

Does anyone have any advice on how to counter severe blood pressure presumably caused by his Parkinson's meds? (Do compression socks help?)

How do you deal with those "trances" that they are liable to go into at any time? It's terrifying.

Thank you

I'd say you need to ask a doctor these questions.

I'd say you need to ask a doctor these questions.

As you know, we no longer consider doctors to be little gods.

Nowadays, one is lucky to have 15 minutes with him/her.

And s/he is often busy working on the computer.

Ordinary people who deal with certain diseases as a patient or caregiver may actually know certain things that a doctor does not. E.g., How much medicine should a particular patient take? Every patient is different.

Thanks for your reply. Have a nice day!

As you know, we no longer consider doctors to be little gods.

Nowadays, one is lucky to have 15 minutes with him/her.

And s/he is often busy working on the computer.

Ordinary people who deal with certain diseases as a patient or caregiver may actually know certain things that a doctor does not. E.g., How much medicine should a particular patient take? Every patient is different.

Thanks for your reply. Have a nice day!

You need to find a better doctor, then. My parents' doctor is extremely helpful and will spend as long as necessary with them.

Back
Top Bottom