• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Antifa Attacks Christians in Portland. Cops Do Not Intervene.

The Baron

Knight in Shining Armor
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
You can read the details here.

Three points that capture my attention immediately:

1. This is simply further evidence (as if any additional evidence were required) that Antifa is genuinely an Un-American, fascist, violent organization.

2. Government cannot be counted on to protect our Constitutional rights even though that is the purpose of their existence.

3. The Second Amendment is more necessary now as in any time in America's past. If those Christians had been armed, this would never have happened.

Seems to be a skimirsh going on between Proud Boys and ANtifa. In this case, it looks like the Christian group was being protected by PB and Antifa attacked. Sucks to live in Portland. Whats the govt doing about this since their job is to protect lives? Anyone initiating or planning violence should be locked up. The police should be protecting protestors from Antifa, not private security.

Seems to be a skimirsh going on between Proud Boys and ANtifa. In this case, it looks like the Christian group was being protected by PB and Antifa attacked. Sucks to live in Portland. Whats the govt doing about this since their job is to protect lives? Anyone initiating or planning violence should be locked up. The police should be protecting protestors from Antifa, not private security.

Why didn't jahweh protect them?

And I'm nit sure the proud boys can be described as private security.

And Ngo is the Proud Boys' PR team. They likely turn him on.

1. This is simply further evidence (as if any additional evidence were required) that Antifa is genuinely an Un-American, fascist, violent organization.

2. Government cannot be counted on to protect our Constitutional rights even though that is the purpose of their existence.

3. The Second Amendment is more necessary now as in any time in America's past. If those Christians had been armed, this would never have happened.
I used to live in Portland...won't go back to that shithole city.

Did I miss something? Where were the Proud Boys mentioned?

Did I miss something? Where were the Proud Boys mentioned?

Other articles

The confrontation took place at a religious gathering organized by Pastor Artur Pawlowski at Tom McCall Waterfront Park.

The Portland Tribune reported that around 50 people attended Pawlowski's event and that members of the Proud Boys appeared to be acting as event security.

A video shows black-clad protesters carrying shields, identified as Antifa, disrupting the event by setting off smoke grenades and appearing to grab the group's speakers in an attempt to dismantle the public address system.

I agree, this pastor should have been able to hold his pro-COVID rally in peace. Promoting COVID is a constitutional right.

I agree, this pastor should have been able to hold his pro-COVID rally in peace. Promoting COVID is a constitutional right.
Actually, the right to a peaceful assembly is a Constitutional right.

You'll find it in the First Amendment.

It was a proud boy fascist rally dressed up as a prayer meeting. Fake outrage is the current weapon. (PB's being a bunch of cowards.)
Right. Gotta flash bang the shit out of those Christian Fascist Proud Boy children...right?

More...

Actually, the right to a peaceful assembly is a Constitutional right.

You'll find it in the First Amendment.
As I said. I'm glad you agree. The constitution does indeed apply to pro-COVID nutjobs.

As I said. I'm glad you agree. The constitution does indeed apply to pro-COVID nutjobs.
What do you think about the flash bombs being thrown into the crowd of worshippers? Is this constitutionally protected?

Why didn't jahweh protect them?

And I'm nit sure the proud boys can be described as private security.

And Ngo is the Proud Boys' PR team. They likely turn him on.

If these AntiFa members attacked anyone physically, then they ought to be arrested and charged with assault and battery. If Proud Boys were intentionally egging AntiFa members into attacking them (beyond their mere presence), then those Proud Boys ought to be arrested and charged with incitement.

If police officers were present and witnessed all this and then allowed all this to happen without intervention, then they ought to be fired.

What do you think about the flash bombs being thrown into the crowd of worshippers? Is this constitutionally protected?
I have said that disrupting this event was wrong and I meant it. I also said that this "pastor" is pro-COVID and promotes COVID. I meant that too.

So you would also agree that Antifa should have been put-down for the violation of the Christians civil rights?

What is your opinion of the cops standing-down and not doing their job?

I think Antifa and the White Supremacist groups should be sent to a desert and go at it gah

So you would also agree that Antifa should have been put-down for the violation of the Christians civil rights?

What is your opinion of the cops standing-down and not doing their job?
Yes
I really don't understand why the cops didn't intervene. They should have. I also don't understand why the Proud Boys were there at all.

Yes
I really don't understand why the cops didn't intervene. They should have. I also don't understand why the Proud Boys were there at all.
I've not seen a source for the Proud Boys being there. I've seen people here say that they were but so far nobody has sourced anything that mentions them (unless I've missed something).

Back
Top Bottom