• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anti-war band win MTV awards

who gives a crap about the political ideology of uneducated, overpayed, naive musicians and actors? They don't live in the real world and are thus unable to discuss it intelligently. Make your music and your movies and shut the f up already I'm sick of hearing from these rich liberal elitist snobs telling me how I should think! If anyone actually puts stock into what a Franken Gerafalo or Sean Penn has to say they're as stupid as they are probably more so.

That being said jackass, wild boyz, and viva la bam rock hard!

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
who gives a crap about the political ideology of uneducated, overpayed, naive musicians and actors? They don't live in the real world and are thus unable to discuss it intelligently. Make your music and your movies and shut the f up already I'm sick of hearing from these rich liberal elitist snobs telling me how I should think! If anyone actually puts stock into what a Franken Gerafalo or Sean Penn has to say they're as stupid as they are probably more so.

Ronald Reagan
Arnold Schwarznegger
Sonny Bono
Clint Eastwood

I suppose it's okay that these guys are getting/have gotten their say in American affairs?

Every American has a right to speak their mind. And if an American happens to be a celebrity and other Americans just so happen to hang on every f-ing word they say whether it is their politics or the size of their swimming pool, then as much as it is annoying to many of us...so be it. You can't really blame them for speaking out for what they believe. Aren't we all supposed to be able to do that? Isn't that what we're all doing right now on this forum? I get tired of hypocritical conservatives picking and choosing what celebrities should have a voice in America. Like Bill O'Reilly and Ann Coulter aren't jackass celebrities, too.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:

Fortunatly, many Americans care...

about the political ideology of uneducated, overpayed, naive musicians and actors

else why would they speak out as they do? It's the patriotic thing to do my friend, or are not you familiar with the "Bill Of Rights", or the "Constitution"?

Sheesh, read up on it, it's all there for all to see!

You don't think that many of these artists primary care is politics? If you want to listen to music without substance, listen to Britney Spears imo. You think Joe Strummer was naive just because he was a musician? I do agree with you that Green Day is overpaid though but thats a completely different story.

Who cares if they are anti-iraq War?

Its a good thing that they are!
As music is one of the only un-censored outlets of opinion.
'Normal' people not involved in politics now have another opinion not just whats on CNN, MSNBC, FOX etc...
This is surely a good thing for a healthy democracy.....

AliG said:
Who cares if they are anti-iraq War?

Its a good thing that they are!
As music is one of the only un-censored outlets of opinion.
'Normal' people not involved in politics now have another opinion not just whats on CNN, MSNBC, FOX etc...
This is surely a good thing for a healthy democracy.....
but you're failing to make the connection to the actual importance of this. Yes, no one really gives a **** if Billy Joe doesn't like the war, but the fact is that this album, which is alright, but nothing fantastic, is so huge. Pop culture responds to the trends within the nation, and the success of Green Day's new album shows how deep the trend against the war has gotten.

I also heard that Sirius Left, the liberal talk radio station on Sirius, is the fastest growing radio station in America right now. I'm not sure about that, but that's what I heard, and I wasn't too suprised.

Back
Top Bottom