• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anti-gay group protests at soldier's funeral

What can I say? Everyones already said it. Its quite a sad day when people can't let others bury someone in peace.

jallman said:
As an interesting side note, they used to have another web site:

www.godhatesfags.com

On this website they took extreme joy in Matthew Shepards murder and pretty much offered total moral vindication for his murderers. They still keep a counter on a link beside his name telling how many days he has "been in Hell"

But you know, amongst all hating and preaching, its nice to see their not so wrapped up in themselves to ignore the rest of the world...

http://www.godhatesfags.com/featured/20050707_subway-bomb.html

News just in: Blair wishes to be President, apparently pronounced 'antichrist' in godhatesfagease, of the EU. More on this story as it develops.

This is Plain old me, reporting from Island of the Sodomite Damned. Back to the Forum.

Last edited:
js416256 said:
Anti-gay group protests at soldier's funeral

"Members of the Rev. Fred Phelps' Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., are picketing military funerals, KMBC's Micheal Mahoney reported Friday.

You left out the part that said

"Friday, about 15 members of the group -- some of them children -- picketed the funeral of a St. Joseph soldier........."

15 people including children? This is just a bunch of anti-American wacko's getting headlines. I bet if they didn't get national attention they soon dry up and go away.

Here from Diluth Minn.

"Before the service, nine picketers from the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., picketed across the street. The group, including children as young as 10, wore T-shirts and displayed signs with anti-American and anti-gay messages."

NINE including children? Why is the press even giving them coverage?
http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=Iraq

Stinger said:
You left out the part that said

"Friday, about 15 members of the group -- some of them children -- picketed the funeral of a St. Joseph soldier........."

15 people including children? This is just a bunch of anti-American wacko's getting headlines. I bet if they didn't get national attention they soon dry up and go away.

Here from Diluth Minn.

"Before the service, nine picketers from the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., picketed across the street. The group, including children as young as 10, wore T-shirts and displayed signs with anti-American and anti-gay messages."

NINE including children? Why is the press even giving them coverage?
http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=Iraq
What a question. :rofl

Can you name ANY protest, regardless of how outlandish, against the Administration that has not received press coverage far, far in excess of its apparent merit?

I guess that's because there is no media bias. Everybody gets an equal opportunity to fling mud at the White House. (sarcasm intended)

Fantasea, how is your comment relevent?

shuamort said:
Fantasea, how is your comment relevent?
If one reads the question to which I was responding, one will understand the relevance of my comment.

Fantasea said:
If one reads the question to which I was responding, one will understand the relevance of my comment.
I did. Did you? Stinger never mentioned the administration. Unless you're using some syllogism that makes this administration=this country.

Stinger said:
Why is the press even giving them coverage?
Because they are such outlandish freaks that we have to look.

Fantasea said:
Can you name ANY protest, regardless of how outlandish, against the Administration that has not received press coverage far, far in excess of its apparent merit?
That's a trick question. If it doesn't get press coverage, how am I supposed to know about it? Second, if the merit is what's apparent to you, then perhaps there could never be such a thing.

But, anyway, I think that the Westboro crowd is a special case because they're such a freakishly "special" bunch.

Plus, the WB crowd has a great grasp of viral marketing. I can't count the number of outraged responses their antics have inspired. People notify other people to share their outrage. And the legend grows.

shuamort said:
I did. Did you? Stinger never mentioned the administration. Unless you're using some syllogism that makes this administration=this country.
Was this not a war protest? If so, is a war protest not against the administration?

Simon W. Moon said:
Because they are such outlandish freaks that we have to look.

That's a trick question. If it doesn't get press coverage, how am I supposed to know about it? Second, if the merit is what's apparent to you, then perhaps there could never be such a thing.

But, anyway, I think that the Westboro crowd is a special case because they're such a freakishly "special" bunch.

Plus, the WB crowd has a great grasp of viral marketing. I can't count the number of outraged responses their antics have inspired. People notify other people to share their outrage. And the legend grows.
OK Simon. But, we all know that the media never misses an opportunity to, "make hay while the sun shines", don't we. ;) :violin

Fantasea said:
Was this not a war protest? If so, is a war protest not against the administration?
It's a protest against the homosexuals in this country. Phelps is under the impression* that the evils of the world are squarely based on the fact that there are homosexuals in this country. 9/11 is because of the homosexuals. Earthquakes, floods, etc are God's wrath for the homosexuals. Don't ask don't tell is evil. And on and on.

*delusion

[mod mode]

I merged these threads because they're the same. Please use the search tool before starting a new thread.

Thanks,
Kelzie
The Vegan Mod.

[/mod mode]

Back
Top Bottom