• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another Example of why SCOTUS Needs TERM LIMITS

Yes because making the SCOTUS even more political is a good idea.
How do term limits make SCOTUS more political? I don't see how it could be worse after 2015-2016.

Yes because making the SCOTUS even more political is a good idea.
It isn't in the slightest. One term of limited years. No influence on re-election.

You haven't seen obscene yet, making them term limited might as well just make them elected judges
At this stage, after the mockery the two parties have made of the process, I don't see how it can be any worse.

How do term limits make SCOTUS more political? I don't see how it could be worse after 2015-2016.
They have no allegiance to anyone, including the people,
Like tenure for educators, that is a big problem
Lifetime tenure breeds laziness, contempt, and a complete lack of accountability to anyone for anything
If you want to breed treason, guaranteed lifetime employment is the way to do it

Because every time a justices term is up it will be politicized.
That is why they only get one term. That is the whole point.

You haven't seen obscene yet, making them term limited might as well just make them elected judges
No idea what your point is... they are already elected judges.

I don't think the Supreme Court has leaned left in my 57 years on this planet

I don't think the Supreme Court has leaned left in my 57 years on this planet
Roe v Wade was decided by a conservative court.

Which means this court is extremely Right Wing.

Back
Top Bottom