• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another Case Of Proper Gun Use

If the number of family members or little neighbor children killed is comparable to or greater than the number of home invaders killed, it's relevant to a thread talking up the virtues of gun ownership for dispatching home invaders.
Nonsensical and disingenuous.

You’re conflating the use of firearms in different situations, attempting to create false equivalencies. How/why are family members or little neighbor children killed in your incomplete scenario? Accidental shooting? Familial violence? How would those deaths be relevant to home invaders being killed by a homeowner? They’re not. Totally different scenarios.

And nobody’s “talking up virtues (whatever that’s supposed to mean) of gun ownership”. I doubt very seriously the homeowner is happy that he killed two people. He did it to protect himself and his wife. The article demonstrates the case of a citizen exercising his Constitutional right in a clear case of lawful self defense.

I believe its very relevant to the thread.
You’re entitled to your (misguided, IMO) opinion.

Nonsensical and disingenuous.

You’re conflating the use of firearms in different situations, attempting to create false equivalencies. How/why are family members or little neighbor children killed in your incomplete scenario? Accidental shooting? Familial violence? How would those deaths be relevant to home invaders being killed by a homeowner? They’re not. Totally different scenarios.

And nobody’s “talking up virtues (whatever that’s supposed to mean) of gun ownership”. I doubt very seriously the homeowner is happy that he killed two people. He did it to protect himself and his wife. The article demonstrates the case of a citizen exercising his Constitutional right in a clear case of lawful self defense.

You’re entitled to your (misguided, IMO) opinion.

In my first post in the thread, I presented an opportunity for people to provide what they would consider apple-to-apple stats. I asked in as neutral a way as I could craft. And what I got was an illustration of why it is so pointless to try to talk to people ... well ... like you.

I made a mistake to enter the thread. I have acknowledged the error. I will try not to repeat such a mistake again.

In my first post in the thread, I presented an opportunity for people to provide what they would consider apple-to-apple stats. I asked in as neutral a way as I could craft. And what I got was an illustration of why it is so pointless to try to talk to people ... well ... like you.

I made a mistake to enter the thread. I have acknowledged the error. I will try not to repeat such a mistake again.
You asked for apples to lawnmowers comparisons, and not in a way that could reasonably be considered neutral. What you were given was the appropriate response to a clearly biased, and ignorant post.

Not sure if you're only looking for defensive gun uses in the home that result in a fatality or if any DGU COUNTS. CDC WISQARS database tracks justifiable homicides but no one tracks DGUs in which the attacker was only injured or scared off. CDC told us that in 2017 486 people were killed in firearm accidents, not limited to the home. 2,139 women 18 and up were murdered by firearm, not limited to the home. Even the most conservative of sources estimates DGUs at 50,000+ per year.

Back
Top Bottom