• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

An Open Email from Michael Moore

Hoot said:
An outright distortion of the facts...Clinton did more to combat terrorism then any president in history, and was fought every step of the way by a republican congress.

"We know Bush failed miserably at having any kind of post war plan for stabilyzing Iraq."

The only plan Bush had in place for post war Iraq was who was going to sweep up the flowers thrown by all the grateful citizens. The truth is, Bush's post war plan failed miserably...Bush was also warned by the CIA in Febuary of 2003 that armed opposition was inevitable after the war.

The White House should've listen to General Zinni, and others, who warned of the post war Iraq problems, but Bush was content to allow the unwarranted optimism of Rumsfield and Wolfowitz to go unchallenged by the 'liberal' media.

We should've learned from Afghanistan that while military might may win the war, it may not win the hearts and minds of the people.

Where's the distortion? Bin Laden was a threat throughout the 90's. Al-Queda was a common name amongst members of the military. Oliver North mentioned Bin Laden in the 80's. Two embassies were bombed and the U.S.S. Cole was attacked. Our retaliation?.....a few arrests. Al-Queda disrupted peace missions in Somalia and killed soldiers in a situation that had nothing to with them. Our retaliation?....we tucked our tails and ran.

Winning the hearts and minds of the people is not the problem, nor is the problem the majority of locals. Don't let the fraction of Sunni persuade you to speak for them. This problem we are having with terrorism will never go away as long as ou rpathetic "politically correct" society refuses to call it what it is and continue to give fundamental Islam a free pass. Blaming the individuals that make the CIA's "Top Ten List" will do nothing.

GySgt said:
Wow, like his other charades, he wastes no time in exploiting the Katrina disaster to his best interests and to the cheers of hypocrits everywhere. Can't wait for the movie.

I wonder how many small villages in Africa he could feed if he turned his back on the buffet occassionally. Oh was that a cheap and personal attack.....maybe I should leave that to the "professionals."

LOL, Amen!

You know, I don't see anyone denying that the Federal government shares the blame for the response to this tragey, but, as a 7 year resident of Florida and born and raised in Brooklyn New York I also witnessed admirable response to disasters by all levels of government for the '04 Hurricanes and 9/11, which obviously includes our federal government. After 9/11 I was impressed with the governments of NYC, NY and the Fed, and After last years Hurricanes in Florida I did think that the fed had a handle on things and I knew that Florida state and local authorities certainly had a handle on things. It appeared that all levels worked together to solve the problem at hand.

Considering the precedent set over the last years disasters I have to admit that the lack of a strong Local Leader in the immediate response position never entered my mind. I grossly underestimated the value of that leader and I believe the Federal government has as well.

If I'd say anything I'd say Shame on the Federal Government for getting spoiled with strong local governments and I'd also say lets stop paying attention to idiots who exploit moments of weakness and tragedy to advance an ultimately damaging message which doesn't serve to help anyone or address the real problem.

kal-el said:
Micheal Moore has some valid points. Even though I'm no fan of his, he does make sense. Some of the blame goes to the local and state governments, who delayed assisting impoverished and destitute victims, hance, created a man-made disaster. As a consequence of their actions, there are more deaths and anguish than was necessary.

Where did he say this?

Crispy said:
LOL, Amen!

You know, I don't see anyone denying that the Federal government shares the blame for the response to this tragey, but, as a 7 year resident of Florida and born and raised in Brooklyn New York I also witnessed admirable response to disasters by all levels of government for the '04 Hurricanes and 9/11, which obviously includes our federal government. After 9/11 I was impressed with the governments of NYC, NY and the Fed, and After last years Hurricanes in Florida I did think that the fed had a handle on things and I knew that Florida state and local authorities certainly had a handle on things. It appeared that all levels worked together to solve the problem at hand.

Considering the precedent set over the last years disasters I have to admit that the lack of a strong Local Leader in the immediate response position never entered my mind. I grossly underestimated the value of that leader and I believe the Federal government has as well.

If I'd say anything I'd say Shame on the Federal Government for getting spoiled with strong local governments and I'd also say lets stop paying attention to idiots who exploit moments of weakness and tragedy to advance an ultimately damaging message which doesn't serve to help anyone or address the real problem.

Ophelia is hitting the coast of NC right now. The state has done it's job and the military bases has done it's job to prepare. They did nothing different, but because of Katrina, everything is being closely watched by the media. Maybe states like Louisiana should tune in.

GySgt said:
Where did he say this?

He didn't, I added that. I breifly read his letter,and not even all of it.

kal-el said:
He didn't, I added that. I breifly read his letter,and not even all of it.

Oh, I thought it sounded uncharacteristic of him. What with his tunnel vision directly to the President and all.

GySgt said:
Oh, I thought it sounded uncharacteristic of him. What with his tunnel vision directly to the President and all.

You mean to tell me that the likes of Michael Savage and your fat, hypocritic pal Rush wouldn't direct anger and hostility at John Kerry if he was elected?

kal-el said:
You mean to tell me that the likes of Michael Savage and your fat, hypocritic pal Rush wouldn't direct anger and hostility at John Kerry if he was elected?
Never. Rush nor anyone else on the right would ever point fingers.

scottyz said:
Never. Rush nor anyone else on the right would ever point fingers.

:rofl ..that was pretty good!

The only other part of this mindless BS that’s even worth responding to is the trademark Michael Moore insertion of completely erroneous class warfare arguments. He says that Republicans are blaming one of the poorest states for being unable to meet its needs, implying that the outages in New Orleans had ANYTHING at all to do with state or local resources. As is standard with Michael Moore, that is a flat out lie. Hundreds of school buses were supposed to be used according to NEW ORLEANS CITY LAW, but the mayor refrained. President Bush (you know, the one who supposedly DOESN’T care) urged a mandatory evacuation as did FEMA. The Mayor declined. Record amounts of federal supplies and funding were already on their way before the storm hit, yet MISMANAGEMENT and DEMOCRAT INCOMPETENCE kept them from getting where they needed to go. Just like Michael Moore to be spearheading a blatantly false blame campaign against Republicans for the total failure of Democrats at every level.

It would be astonishing to me that anyone takes such a thoroughly exposed liar seriously anymore except for the fact that liberals are the ones looking past all the evidence with blinders on. Do you people believe O.J. was innocent too?

Spare me the steaming load.

Since there laughably still exists a small handful of people on this planet that listen to this overwhelmingly discredited jackass, I will start a new thread to show just how atrocious a liar he is.

kal-el said:

They're not "mine", but of course they would. Criticizing political garbage is what they get payed to do. But don't confuse what their role in life is with what the liberal's champion is. Michael Moore is a profeteer of other people's misery.

scottyz said:
The Bush admin. never politicizes 9/11!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Bush didn't politisize 9-11 anymore than FDR politisized Pearl Harbor, to keep support for the war effort it's important to remind the people why they're fighting it, (and don't retort with 9/11 having nothing to do with Iraq because I'm speaking of the larger war on terror) I wouldn't want a president who doesn't remember 9-11, another big difference is that Bush isn't propheting from tragedy the way Michael Moore was and is doing.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Bush didn't politisize 9-11 anymore than FDR politisized Pearl Harbor, to keep support for the war effort it's important to remind the people why they're fighting it, (and don't retort with 9/11 having nothing to do with Iraq because I'm speaking of the larger war on terror) I wouldn't want a president who doesn't remember 9-11, another big difference is that Bush isn't propheting from tragedy the way Michael Moore was and is doing.
9/11 doesn't have anything to do with Iraq. Yet he uses it constantly in speeches about Iraq. We're not fighting a war on terror, we're fighting Iraq. Iraq had one of the weakest ties to radical islam and terrorism among countries in the middle east.

scottyz said:
9/11 doesn't have anything to do with Iraq. Yet he uses it constantly in speeches about Iraq. We're not fighting a war on terror, we're fighting Iraq. Iraq had one of the weakest ties to radical islam and terrorism among countries in the middle east.

The "War on Terror" does not mean the terror on America. It means a war on "Terror."

Besides that, when it comes to Saddam and his sons...some people just need killing. Saddam going down by his own people in a court is even better.

>>It would be astonishing to me that anyone takes such a thoroughly exposed liar seriously anymore except for the fact that liberals are the ones looking past all the evidence with blinders on. Do you people believe O.J. was innocent too?<<Aquapub

Well, gee...sure...didn't you believe the Swift Boat Vets? ROTFL!

Even Bill O'Reilly slammed the Swift Boat Vets for what they did to Kerry.

GySgt said:
They're not "mine", but of course they would. Criticizing political garbage is what they get payed to do. But don't confuse what their role in life is with what the liberal's champion is. Michael Moore is a profeteer of other people's misery.

He may be, but your fat, swollen-mouthed right-wing buddy, is simply an uninformed optionist that dosen't give a **** about his conservative audience.

kal-el said:
He may be, but your fat, swollen-mouthed right-wing buddy, is simply an uninformed optionist that dosen't give a **** about his conservative audience.

Which buddy?

kal-el said:
Who else do I spout off at? Rush limbaugh of course.

GySgt you know Rush Limbaugh? :lol:

Can't say that I do. I don't even listen to him.

But I'll tell you what. The minute he exploits a Columbine victim, villifies the American troop, exploits a grieving mother, and exploits the dead in New Orleans for personal fame, attention, and money....I'll place him in the same category as a profiteer of heartache.

Even Democrats are sick of this buffoon.

http://www.indcjournal.com/archives/000683.php

GySgt said:
Can't say that I do. I don't even listen to him.

But I'll tell you what. The minute he exploits a Columbine victim, villifies the American troop, exploits a grieving mother, and exploits the dead in New Orleans for personal fame, attention, and money....I'll place him in the same category as a profiteer of heartache.

Even Democrats are sick of this buffoon.

http://www.indcjournal.com/archives/000683.php

Ok, I see your point, but Limbaugh,being the king-sized ***hole that he is, said on his radio show this about the torture at Abu Ghraib: "It's just fraternity hijinks, they're just blowing off steam."- what a narrow-minded ***hole!

kal-el said:
Ok, I see your point, but Limbaugh,being the king-sized ***hole that he is, said on his radio show this about the torture at Abu Ghraib: "It's just fraternity hijinks, they're just blowing off steam."- what a narrow-minded ***hole!

This is what Rush should have said....

What it was...was a bunch of unprofessional civilians in uniform playing army in a country where they should not have been to deployed to in the first place. They were an embarassement to our country (thanks to the media's frenzy over it and the Democrats exploitation of it), and it derailed our efforts for a while.

We can't stand that they're over there. They are constantly causing trouble.

GySgt said:

What it was...was a bunch of unprofessional civilians in uniform playing army in a country where they should not have been to deployed to in the first place. They were an embarassement to our country (thanks to the media's frenzy over it and the Democrats exploitation of it), and it derailed our efforts for a while.

Yep.

Who?

GySgt said:

actually what Rush would have said is: oh ya, well let's hear about Nick Berg and then tell me how some nude pictures constitute as torture, if they're killin American troops strip them, strap electrodes to their nuts, and shock the **** out of those terrorist SOB's! Oh wait that's not Rush that was me.

Back
Top Bottom