• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An Open Constitutional Convention is needed NOW more than ever [W:456]

Re: An Open Constitutional Convention is needed NOW more than ever

I think the notion of a constitutional convention is almost laughable. Spend oodles of resources to come up with a set of rules that will be ignored. The people, reacting to the blatant circumvention will respond by returning to office one of the oath-breakers, 'cause they break the oath on "this" but not "that"

Besides, we have a way of making a new constitution out of the one we have... just re-define another word..

I haven't read through all 63 pages of posts here, but I think an open convention would be a total disaster. The problem is not with the Constitution, it is with the enforcement of it. It gets violated all over the place, then they look to the SC to put their stamp of approval on everything, like they did with Obamacare.

What needs to be done is add amendments to strengthen the Constitution and put more controls on the government. The founders just never though politicians would hang around so long in government and make a career of spending our money.

A constitutional convention was be immediately filled with hacks.

Back
Top Bottom