• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amy Cooper sues ex-employer for racial discrimination after viral Central Park incident

Bullshit. Bring back segregation if you think that’s true. Civil rights laws protect everyone. If you can’t stomach talking to blacks about their experiences, ask a woman or a Jew if they wants them repealed.
Are Jews oppressed people in America now? They have to live in terrible Ghettos like Mercer island or Pacific Palisades?

Bullshit. Bring back segregation if you think that’s true. Civil rights laws protect everyone. If you can’t stomach talking to blacks about their experiences, ask a woman or a Jew about what they may have dealt with or if they wants them repealed.
You can just read the horrible tale of Judah Benjamin to know how evil racist south people treated Jews.

Are Jews oppressed people in America now? They have to live in terrible Ghettos like Mercer island or Pacific Palisades?
No, but dollars to donuts they have had to abide insults and resentments most
of us gentiles haven’t had to deal with. But if you insist, substitute Muslims for Jews. For example, Trump openly suggested he would discriminate against Muslims — and btw insulted Jews.

Good point. She was a jerk, her case stunk, and the guy she called the cops on has probably experienced stuff like this before. But the company -setting aside her length of service or quality of performance - instead of counseling her, asking her to take some course on the issue, were also jerks for firing her.
Arguable.
But they stated right up front a ZERO racism policy.
Frankly, in my humble opinion, I don't think they should have kept her around with her taking some remediation training, with some off chance it would not take.
I remember when Al Campanis of the Dodgers, commenting on Nightline in memory of Jackie Robinson and his legacy, made a fool of himself by saying blacks perhaps did it have "the necessities" to be managers.
Sadly there is still such thinking in sports.
The activist the team hired to deal with the problem included Al in his work.
Activist?
That is one approach. But sports, may be "big business" in its own right but it is not the same as corporate business in regards PR and considerations for what makes for "bad business" imaging.

Arguable.
But they stated right up front a ZERO racism policy.
Frankly, in my humble opinion, I don't think they should have kept her around with her taking some remediation training, with some off chance it would not take.

Sadly there is still such thinking in sports.

Activist?
That is one approach. But sports, may be "big business" in its own right but it is not the same as corporate business in regards PR and considerations for what makes for "bad business" imaging.
Agree more or less, but I think the company could have gotten away with some punishment other than firing her. But I don't know what kind or employee she was otherwise.

wow! emn is defending a racist! deplorable
Nonsense. The only racists here are the people who say that white people should have their lives destroyed for calling the police when a thug is menacing them.

Good point. She was a jerk, her case stunk, and the guy she called the cops on has probably experienced stuff like this before. But the company -setting aside her length of service or quality of performance - instead of counseling her, asking her to take some course on the issue, were also jerks for firing her.
How was she a jerk? Shouldn't white people be able to protect themselves when they are attacked?

Black people get fired because white people don't like braids, this clown was fired because she became a public embarrassment after she called the cops on a black person under clearly false and racist pretenses. Cry harder you sad white victim. 😂
Poor victimized Trumplican white people.

Go easy on them - it's hard nailing oneself to a cross.

Go

How was she a jerk? Shouldn't white people be able to protect themselves when they are attacked?
As I understand the issue, he was a bird watcher, and was telling her that dogs - or dogs off leash - were not permitted in that part of the park. Or did I miss something? Love that her lawsuit mentions him as "an aggressive bird watcher." Can you direct me to that part of the story that identifies him as a thug and/or that he attacked her?

Last edited:
As I understand the issue, he was a bird watcher, and was telling her that dogs - or dogs off leash - were not permitted in that part of the park. Or did I miss something? Love that her lawsuit mentions him as "an aggressive bird watcher." Can you direct me to that part of the story that identifies him as a thug and/or that he attacked her?
He threatened her. He told her that he was about to do something and she wasn't going to like it. Then he followed up on his threat by trying to lure her dog away from her.

I think that qualifies as thuggish behavior. The only thing that could count as an actual attack was the attempt to lure her pet away from her.

If someone, no matter what their skin color, said that to me and then tried to lure one of my cats away, I'd open fire.

He threatened her. He told her that he was about to do something and she wasn't going to like it. Then he followed up on his threat by trying to lure her dog away from her.

I think that qualifies as thuggish behavior. The only thing that could count as an actual attack was the attempt to lure her pet away from her.

If someone, no matter what their skin color, said that to me and then tried to lure one of my cats away, I'd open fire.
I am sure your cat might appreciate the gesture, but I doubt prosecutors would. But do you have a link to the facts as you understand them, as that differs from the story I read about the incident.
Following up on my post, here is an article that outlines the incident. Note her apology and his expression of regret at her fate, I believe just a day after the incident. Hardly thuggish words from him. The second link is to her apology. I should note that I too am a bird watcher, but have a cat who has killed a couple.

Then you're a blithering idiot. Telling someone with an animal off the leash that they are in an area clearly marked as requiring them to BE leashed is hardly "thuggish" or "jerkish" behaviour.

For myself, I'd never let my cat (or dog) be free to roam around in a designated leash area. but hey, you go ahead and ignore the laws and then shoot somebody. We definitely need more of your type.

For myself, I'd never let my cat (or dog) be free to roam around in a designated leash area.
I keep my cats inside actually. And I don't live anywhere near a population center.

but hey, you go ahead and ignore the laws and then shoot somebody.
You skipped a couple of intermediate steps. Like the part where the guy posed an active threat to her pet.

We definitely need more of your type.
More is on the way. Widespread concealed carry is coming to New York City whether they like it or not.

White people in NYC will soon be able to privately protect themselves even if society there prefers that whites be victimized by minorities.

Then you're a blithering idiot.
Ad hominins are logical fallacies. They indicate an inability to address the actual argument.

Telling someone with an animal off the leash that they are in an area clearly marked as requiring them to BE leashed is hardly "thuggish" or "jerkish" behaviour.
True. But telling someone that you are going to do something bad to them and then trying to lure their pet away, is.

I am sure your cat might appreciate the gesture, but I doubt prosecutors would.
Well it is true that if white people will be lynched for calling the police when a minority is menacing them, white people will also be lynched for defending themselves from a minority.

But that's why white people should just try to slip away unnoticed if they are forced to defend themselves from a minority. Let someone else discover the body, and let the police chalk it up to random gang violence.

But do you have a link to the facts as you understand them, as that differs from the story I read about the incident.
Well I used to have a link to his Facebook page where he boasted about menacing the poor woman. But I believe he took that post down.

Note my post #508 a couple pages back in this very thread.

Following up on my post, here is an article that outlines the incident. Note her apology and his expression of regret at her fate, I believe just a day after the incident.
That New York City forces innocent people to confess to the imaginary crimes that they are lynching them for says more about New York City than it does about the people they are lynching.

It kind of puts the World Trade Center in a new perspective though. Maybe not too many WTC victims were people that the rest of the nation should even care about. It's really looking like most of the people in NYC are pretty horrible.

Hardly thuggish words from him.
I don't know about that. He certainly was free with his false accusations of racism. But even if his later words were not thuggish, that doesn't change the fact that he behaved like a thug when he was menacing her in the park.

IMore is on the way. Widespread concealed carry is coming to New York City whether they like it or not.

White people in NYC will soon be able to privately protect themselves even if society there prefers that whites be victimized by minorities.

Do you think if she had shot him Franklin Templeton still wouldn't have fired her ass?

Do you think if she had shot him Franklin Templeton still wouldn't have fired her ass?
If she had shot him when he made a move against her pet, and then slipped away unnoticed before the police arrived, she would indeed still have her job and her life would not have been destroyed.

LOL... Super secret ninja style?
I don't know. How would a ninja do it?

I would suggest just calmly moving out of the area and disappearing into the crowd. And then not revisiting that area. Find a different spot to walk your dog.

Well it is true that if white people will be lynched for calling the police when a minority is menacing them, white people will also be lynched for defending themselves from a minority.

But that's why white people should just try to slip away unnoticed if they are forced to defend themselves from a minority. Let someone else discover the body, and let the police chalk it up to random gang violence.

Well I used to have a link to his Facebook page where he boasted about menacing the poor woman. But I believe he took that post down.

Note my post #508 a couple pages back in this very thread.

That New York City forces innocent people to confess to the imaginary crimes that they are lynching them for says more about New York City than it does about the people they are lynching.

It kind of puts the World Trade Center in a new perspective though. Maybe not too many WTC victims were people that the rest of the nation should even care about. It's really looking like most of the people in NYC are pretty horrible.

I don't know about that. He certainly was free with his false accusations of racism. But even if his later words were not thuggish, that doesn't change the fact that he behaved like a thug when he was menacing her in the park.
You seem to be ignoring the conciliatory statements of both of them. Best as I can tell from reading about the incident recently, was that it was a conflict between two strong-willed individuals, and both recognized this afterwards. I believe her employer overreacted, as apparently he did.

I keep my cats inside actually. And I don't live anywhere near a population center.

You skipped a couple of intermediate steps. Like the part where the guy posed an active threat to her pet.

More is on the way. Widespread concealed carry is coming to New York City whether they like it or not.

And you're skipping the fact that had she followed the designated leash signs, not only would her dog not have been able to approach the man, but it also wouldn't have been disturbing the area.

Also I couldn't care less what color a gun owners is. Obviously you feel your somehow "special" and the truth is, you're just another keyboard warrior who feels entitled.

Back
Top Bottom