• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Americans, do you sometimes wish the British had won the Independence War ?

?

• Yes, a British-ruled USBA is what I would have preferred/still prefer.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • No, an independent USA with all its terrible flaws is still preferable

Votes: 48 90.6%

• Total voters
LMAO Canada isn't independent at all! They totally belong to the British Empire - they have a viceroy (which they conceal by calling her a "governor general"): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada

Immigration doesn't bother me. My mother's a Hispanic immigrant.

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

On the other hand, I don't condone illegally crossing our borders. Build that wall, along the Southern border! In fact build one along the Northern border too!
Immigration doesn't bother me. My mother's a Hispanic immigrant.

How about too HIGH immigration Neil?

And how much does the US spend on Healthcare compared to Canada or the UK?
I don't really care. I do not judge by cost alone.
How much do the insurance companies make off the US system?
I judge insurance companies on how well they perform, not how much they make. America is the most successful capitalist nation on the planet. I don't think profit is a bad thing.
If the US system is so better why is it more expensive than other Western countries healthcare?
Again, you seem to want to judge on cost alone. I don't deny that American Healthcare is prohibitively expensive and needs to be reformed, however single payer would be insanely stupid.

I don't really care. I do not judge by cost alone.

I judge insurance companies on how well they perform, not how much they make. America is the most successful capitalist nation on the planet. I don't think profit is a bad thing.

Again, you seem to want to judge on cost alone. I don't deny that American Healthcare is prohibitively expensive and needs to be reformed, however single payer would be insanely stupid.

Really, what evidence do you have that the US system performs better than the Canadian or British systems? And if you are going to say "I have no interest in comparing systems", then why are you even posting on this thread? That is kinda the point of the thread.

Really, what evidence do you have that the US system performs better than the Canadian or British systems? And if you are going to say "I have no interest in comparing systems", then why are you even posting on this thread? That is kinda the point of the thread.

If you rule out the cost, American Healthcare is the best on the planet. That is not in doubt. And the American system does not have the rationing and waiting lists that Canada and the UK have.

If you rule out the cost, American Healthcare is the best on the planet. That is not in doubt. And the American system does not have the rationing and waiting lists that Canada and the UK have.

The US system is the best in the world if you are a millionaire, not if you are poor. Medical debts cause bankruptcies in the US:

How many poor people in the US ignore medical problems to avoid medical debts?

How many poor Canadians cross the border to get treatment in the US?

The US system is the best in the world if you are a millionaire, not if you are poor. Medical debts cause bankruptcies in the US:
I will take that as you admitting that without regard to cost, the American healthcare system is the best.
How many poor people in the US ignore medical problems to avoid medical debts
Not many as the poor in the US have the option of Medicaid and free clinics.
How many poor Canadians cross the border to get treatment in the US?
Probably the the ones weary of rationing and waiting lists in Canada, knowing that they will be treated in the US regardless of the ability to pay,

I will take that as you admitting that without regard to cost, the American healthcare system is the best.

Cost and access means it isn't the best system in the world.

Not many as the poor in the US have the option of Medicaid and free clinics.

Then why is there so much bankruptcy due to medical debt in the US?

Probably the the ones weary of rationing and waiting lists in Canada, knowing that they will be treated in the US regardless of the ability to pay,

Really, if some poor Canadian has no American health insurance and has a pre existing condition, he go to the US and get treated and not pay a fortune for it?

Cost and access means it isn't the best system in the world.
Depends on your perspective. Mine is that I think the US needs serious health insurance reform(market based), however I would not go anywhere else in the world for treatment.
Then why is there so much bankruptcy due to medical debt in the US?
Think about that one a bit deeper. Not all medical related bankruptcies are due to medical bills. Many if not most are related to a medical condtion taking away the ability to go to work and make a living much less pay the medical bills.
Really, if some poor Canadian has no American health insurance and has a pre existing condition, he go to the US and get treated and not pay a fortune for it?
Like everyone else, he would get treated and billed according to his ability to pay.

Back
Top Bottom